The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Started a new game with Roma, hopefully be able to take my mind off my lost Feyenoord game.

I sold De Rossi to Real Madrid for 40 mil (he was unsettled). With the turnover (I got 22 mil), I brought in Rafael Carioca (Brazillian DM, long-term successor for Pizarro) for 3 mil, and Rakitic for 8.5 mil. Oh, and I bought Marcello before I sold De Rossi, for a meager 4.1 mil because he was transfer-listed.
Led Cardiff to second in the league (thanks to Chelsea beating Newcastle on the last game of the season) and won the league cup - knocked out in the first knockout phase of the UEFA Cup and third round of the FA Cup though. :erm:

My strikers have been lethal all season, though I seemed to always either win by two or three goals or lose by 1. :colonhash:

Man Utd not even in Europe. :mmm:

Newcastle have an insane strike force on this game. :colonhash:
Since I sold Hummels my defence has been so leaky :frown: Subotic keeps getting injured :frown:

Luckily I'm by far the leagues top scorer :gthumb:
GRRRFGHGHGH. Why are all my players getting hernias >.<
I've had 3 players get hernias in training in the space of a few weeks :|
New patch has injury bug apparently? IDK cus i dont use it.
Reply 785
Original post by RogerEstIci

Original post by RogerEstIci
New patch has injury bug apparently? IDK cus i dont use it.
No, it doesn't.
As I say over on SI's forums after the release of every new game or new patch since there really was an injury bug (which was for one patch in FM07 or FM08), if you go on holiday to the real life date and compare the Premier League's injury table in-game to http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php and it's unlikely to be too different. If there IS an injury bug, you would expect that either lots of teams have 10+ injuries or lots of teams have one or two at most.
When people adamantly claim there's an injury bug, their team is always the only one that has a relatively high number of injuries and there's usually an obvious reason for it (e.g. they're pushing the players too damn hard in training, or playing them constantly when they're recovering from injuries or otherwise have really low condition) - as the old SI forum saying goes, "It's your tactics" :p:
As today is April the 1st (April Fools), if anyone reaches April the 1st in the game they should recieve a special gift from their board :wink:
I need to start raping Brazil for more wonderkids my stupid Team just suck ass
I've abandoned Dortmund :nopity: Man City offered me the job and well...the money :nopity: they've just sacked Benitez as they're 12th in the table going into November :rofl2:

His transfer dealing and team registration has been shocking :colonhash: I have about 5 recognised defenders and about 12 midfielders/wingers. I've also got Ganso sitting in my reserves while Hamsik and Pastore take up my CM positions! I just don't see why you'd buy all of them. But in better news I'm playing 4-5-1 and Sanchez and Hazard are absolutely raping it on the wings. Hazard just scored 4 against Villa.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Seanisonfire
I've abandoned Dortmund :nopity: Man City offered me the job and well...the money :nopity: they've just sacked Benitez as they're 12th in the table going into November :rofl2:

His transfer dealing and team registration has been shocking :colonhash: I have about 5 recognised defenders and about 12 midfielders/wingers.
I've also got Ganso sitting in my reserves while Hamsik and Pastore take up my CM positions! I just don't see why you'd buy all of them. But in better news I'm playing 4-5-1 and Sanchez and Hazard are absolutely raping it on the wings. Hazard just scored 4 against Villa.

Blimey, something realistic? :zomg:
Gary Neville is managing Athletic Bilbao. They're 4th in the league.. g'warn Gary!
Damn you SI. :lolz:

Reply 792
Original post by AstroZombie1
Damn you SI. :lolz:
Ooh, they've changed the message. In older games it never mentioned being a wind-up by SI, and you had to 'accept' the money coming in, at which point the game ridiculed you :p: This is what it used to look like...

this game :emo:

brought neymar for £31 million for west ham
2 season later barca make a big of £50 million, the board say the offer is too good to turn down. of he goes

i do have babacar
Oh no I got that aswell just never screened it plus that Sceenie was me digging back to show it. (notice it's MAY in my game)
Neymar is unbelievable. Just played Arsenal and he received the ball from Ganso on the half-way line danced by Sagna, skipped past Vermelean then rather than going straight towards goal he ran at the other CB - as I was screaming in rage at the cheeky little **** for not scoring (we were 2-0 down) - then somehow he went straight by him too into the box whilst outpacing Clichy and then scored - ridiculous. If it's not goal of the month at least there's something seriously wrong. Ended up a 2-2 all draw, still top of the league, 8 games un-beaten now in the EPL and I've only let in two goals...

In bad news however Balotelli is out for like two months, he's been playing amazing too - again FM showing it's hatred towards my AMR's - every AMR on any save I've ever had has been injured for at least two months, with the worst being Walcott who was out for practically an entire season.
Pastore's stats are just immense.
I had a couple of hours to kill so I started with City to see how much cash they give.
It's INSANE :eek3:
Has anyone tried weird transfer offers like 5mil + 200mil upon scoring 50 league goals for say a goalkeeper or a right back? :colondollar:
Reply 799
The Kit choices in this game made it very difficult to watch!

Latest