The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I got sacked by Blackpool after a few crushing defeats at home. Started a new save as Southampton, hopefully I'll be less tactically inept this time. I still have a wingo combo of Gai Assulin and Chamberlain, hopefull i'll surrvive long enough to see them reach their full potential.
Original post by robinson999

had to sign him really, his the next ron vlaar, lets hope so

i think his coming along well after a few years

still a long way to go, going out on loan was good for him, i am leave him at the club next season he will grow more
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 122
guys, i want to know what the ideal team would be if I want to start a decent youth platform and push forward for all english trophies. i dont want to start from the top 5 as this would be boring. thx for the help...
Original post by gunit123
guys, i want to know what the ideal team would be if I want to start a decent youth platform and push forward for all english trophies. i dont want to start from the top 5 as this would be boring. thx for the help...

you want a english team not in the top 5 but has a good enough youth platform

just play as west ham :p:

they are pretty good on the youth side, have some very good coaches

only trouble is the debt
Stupid *****ng premiership teams making derisory offers for my talented youngsters. Mtishali and Nemeth are both going to be brilliant, doing a good job for me now, then Fulham and Wolves make insulting bids for them, and now they are considering leaving. Offered Mtishali a new contract, hopefully will settle him for now, could do the same for Nemeth (he's only on like 550 a week, worth far more, but obviously save cash where i can).

Spurs also bid 0 for Cedric Blanc... had bought him in the summer for 130k, and he has a lot of potential... but i mean ****, 0? (with a 35% clause, and 26k after an international appearance). **** off.
Reply 125
Original post by Eru Iluvatar
Stupid *****ng premiership teams making derisory offers for my talented youngsters. Mtishali and Nemeth are both going to be brilliant, doing a good job for me now, then Fulham and Wolves make insulting bids for them, and now they are considering leaving. Offered Mtishali a new contract, hopefully will settle him for now, could do the same for Nemeth (he's only on like 550 a week, worth far more, but obviously save cash where i can).

Spurs also bid 0 for Cedric Blanc... had bought him in the summer for 130k, and he has a lot of potential... but i mean ****, 0? (with a 35% clause, and 26k after an international appearance). **** off.

lol
Sigh, I think Xavi is getting past it. Barely performs any more and is always knackered. Might have to take him to the bottom of the garden with a shotgun by next season :sad:
Reply 127
Oops, I seem to be late. Subscribing. :biggrin:
Reply 128
I can't score any goals, VDV and Suarez are both out for ages :sad:

I've given enough chances to Pav and Carroll and they haven't taken them, Lukaku is about to get a decent run in the side with Wickham cover. The injuries will mean i'll go out of the CL unless I can beat Inter at the San Siro. Crumble.
Lukaku is coming into his own, 9 goals in his past 5 games nomnomnom. Villa is continuing his season of insane inconsistency. He saved me from losing against Valencia by dribbling from inside his own half and taking on their entire defence, and then the next game looks like he can't kick a ball. Infuriating.
Reply 130
Grrrrr.

Go 12 games unbeaten [inc. 5 consecutive wins] to go top of the Championship, we've now lost 3 in a row and are 2nd with 2 to play, basically last day of the season is going to decide if we go up - playing Crystal Palace at home who are 3rd.

Half my players are injured, half are complaining that they're not in the first team and the other half are playing crap atm. But the thing that really cheered me up, one of my players complained to the media that he should be in the first team because "the team are so obviously looking for a player just like him". Couple of days later I got a news item about a survey on the team website - only 12% of fans thought he deserved to be in the first team. Owned. :biggrin:

In other news, Fulham are 3rd in the Prem, Newcastle 4th. Pompey, who are now in League 1, got through to the FA cup final :smile:

EDIT: LOOOOOOL. Backroom advice: My guy with Free Kicks of 18 and Long Shots of 15 shouldn't be taking free kicks, apparently.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by J@tko
Grrrrr.

Go 12 games unbeaten [inc. 5 consecutive wins] to go top of the Championship, we've now lost 3 in a row and are 2nd with 2 to play, basically last day of the season is going to decide if we go up - playing Crystal Palace at home who are 3rd.

Half my players are injured, half are complaining that they're not in the first team and the other half are playing crap atm. But the thing that really cheered me up, one of my players complained to the media that he should be in the first team because "the team are so obviously looking for a player just like him". Couple of days later I got a news item about a survey on the team website - only 12% of fans thought he deserved to be in the first team. Owned. :biggrin:

In other news, Fulham are 3rd in the Prem, Newcastle 4th. Pompey, who are now in League 1, got through to the FA cup final :smile:

EDIT: LOOOOOOL. Backroom advice: My guy with Free Kicks of 18 and Long Shots of 15 shouldn't be taking free kicks, apparently.

Three halfs, ey?
:holmes:
Reply 132

I'm getting stuff like that as well. Alright, the big clubs are at least offering the club valuation of the player which isn't quite as insulting (but still annoying because they're unsettling some of my best players); Caley Thistle put in an offer for one of my youngsters - he was valued at around £25,000 and they offered me £2,000 plus 35% sell-on. Even if this kid did develop into someone worthwhile and Thistle were to sell him on, ICT have only got 12 players in their whole squad valued at £100,000 or more so it's not like I'd have much chance of seeing that £2,000 turn into something even as low as his current valuation.

R-KAM
x

:eviltongue:

Got a lucky break with the first knockout round - managed to get one of the weakest sides to finish top of their group, Villarreal (who finished just a point ahead of Bayern)...beat them 4-2 at home, then went super-defensive in the away leg (5 in defence, 2 DMCs, MR, ML and AMC :p:) and managed to hold out for a 1-0 loss.
I think it's safe to say, though, that Man Utd essentially have a free pass to the semi finals :biggrin: I've nearly got the league wrapped up but I need to concentrate on finishing that off and getting the Scottish Cup as well.

Still having no luck with stopping my team's insane aggressiveness levels, though. This season they've picked up more bookings than all but one of the SPL sides (only Celtic have more), and even when I tell them to be more cautious and set them to easy tackling, they still rack up the cards :frown:
Reply 133
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Three halfs, ey?
:holmes:

Hell yeah. :tongue:

Got promoted, despite losing to Palace. Pompey beat Newcastle in the FA Cup Final with a last minute goal :biggrin:
Reply 134
Won the league with Zaragoza, runner-up in the Champions League. I guess I had a little bit of luck as I would have only finished 3rd last season if I had the same amounts of points as I had this season.

My two wingers (Ben Arfa & Reus) came 1st & 2nd in the league player of they year, I won manager of the year and my GK won GK of the year. I love my keeper - signed him for £1.6m and he is now worth £12m as well as still being young and improving.
Can't bring myself to play any more. Will wait for a new patch, restart a career game and hope that it's possible to get jobs abroad :colonhash:
Reply 136
HOLY **** the board just gave me £27M to spend on players. WHAT?!?!!??! :eek:
Reply 137
Original post by Colbert
Can't bring myself to play any more. Will wait for a new patch, restart a career game and hope that it's possible to get jobs abroad :colonhash:

You might be waiting a few weeks. I think the patch comes out mid Feb or begining of March.
Original post by zxh800
You might be waiting a few weeks. I think the patch comes out mid Feb or begining of March.

I'm away for most of the month so it's not a problem, I just can't be arsed with my save and it seems pointless starting a new one.

I was thinking of doing a season with Barca because I reckon I am capable of missing the top 4 with them :facepalm2:
:eek: ... pretty much the first transfer window ever i haven't done a fair bit of business in. A couple of players out (Lopez, a couple of no-ones from my reserves, and Gera out on Loan... no-one would bid, but he didn't really get a game for me with Bennett ruling the wing), no-one in. Squad very happy, up to 2nd in the Championship (Villa are running away with it understandably), progressing reasonably well through the FA Cup. All going good, even my unhappy players are no longer unhappy :smile:

Latest