The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Beat Chelsea 3-1 away, so happy. My away form has been shocking this season and I feared the worst when I went a goal down. But some Rooney magic pulled me back in :suith:
anyone recomend a decent left winger for back-up of harry kewell (for my villareal side)...he has been a decent signing but too injury prone and i have about 5million to spend in january to get a back up in.

Urgent help please:smile:
Original post by Dalimyr

In 22 seasons that man played 1,243 games and scored 3,045 goals for a team in Northern Ireland, helping them to win a UEFA Cup and three Champions Leagues. THAT is something to be jealous of.

228 goals in one season? LAD.

Anyhoo just been beaten in the CL final to United, Fletcher popping up 2 minutes from a penalty shootout, after Pepe had recieved his marching orders in the 2nd half. Gutted tbh :colondollar: but I'll rebuild and bring them glory next season.
Original post by King CalZ
anyone recomend a decent left winger for back-up of harry kewell (for my villareal side)...he has been a decent signing but too injury prone and i have about 5million to spend in january to get a back up in.

Urgent help please:smile:

Brunty has a sweet left foot.

Original post by jaydoh
228 goals in one season? LAD.

Anyhoo just been beaten in the CL final to United, Fletcher popping up 2 minutes from a penalty shootout, after Pepe had recieved his marching orders in the 2nd half. Gutted tbh :colondollar: but I'll rebuild and bring them glory next season.

Chin up lad, it happens to us all.. even the very best. Just rebuild and aim for treble next season.
Original post by Lehmber Hussainpuri

cant seem to find him? i have a medium/small database so thats maybe why, who does he play for?
[QUOTE="CalZ;32398802" King="King"]
Original post by King CalZ

cant seem to find him? i have a medium/small database so thats maybe why, who does he play for?

Chris Brunt - WBA
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1786
Original post by Dalimyr

Incredible.
Only with Dali would I believe that screenshot to be real
Reply 1788
Original post by Seanisonfire

Original post by Seanisonfire
Only with Dali would I believe that screenshot to be real
It's not mine :p: But I do wholeheartedly trust the guy who originally posted it on SI's forums.
The board obviously a.) want to win honours after a trophyless season and b.) are crazy knowing what I'm like with their money... anwyay they've entrusted me with a second season budget of £150m rising to £162m on adjustment... already bought in Ignacio Camacho, Mata, Fazio (all meeting their release clauses) and David Villa for a world record £88m (well the cash was there) also just signed Quagliarella who I think won the European Golden boot last season, still got a wedge to spend too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1790
I've hit a bit of a rough patch with Feyenoord in a new-ish game I started with them (FM09). First season, about 18 games in, I think, and I'm fifth. It's incredibly close for second place, though - only 2 points separating the teams from second to sixth. I'm quite pleased with my main purchases, though: Brazillian wingers Mota (from some Korean team for 1 mil) and Alex (from Internacional for 4.9 mil - he's been my player of the season so far, racking up 10 goals and 10 assists). Ajax will obviously win the league, being about 10 points ahead of anybody else. It doesn't help that Huntelaar is by far the best forward in the league, and that they have funds to buy the likes of de Jong (10.5 mil from HSV). Ah well.

I'm hoping to slowly bring some of the more promising youngsters into the first team over the next season or two. My transfer priorities for next season have to be a goalkeeper (to replace 36-year old Henk Timmer) and a DM (to replace 34-year old van Bronkhorst). I'm thinking of going for Velthuizen (partly because he seems to be the best young Dutch keeper around), but unsure about the DM; if Heerenveen finish low enough (they're struggling at 16th atm), I might be able to swoop in for Rafael Carioca even though he only joined in January. This also obviously depends on how high I finish - I'm still optimistic about 2nd, which would mean a CL place (or qualifier - I can't exactly remember).
Season 2 summer ins/outs:

:mmm:

Led Dorchester to back-to-back promotions and currently sitting in the play-off spots in League Two midway through the season.

Signed some excellent players on frees, including Vincent Pericard, Martin Hansen, Eric Lichaj and Sean Morrison.

Current top scorer is Luka Senicanin with 21 from 26 games despite his poor stats - I still have a very young squad, packed full of those lovely amazing Irish regens that just seem to pop up at Home Farm/Bohemians. :awesome:
Reply 1793
I'm having a horrible end to the season with Feyenoord. First, I couldn't get an away win for ****, and my form looked something like LWLWL. Second place became increasingly unlikely. Then, I couldn'e win at home either, drawing the last two games 0-0. Now in 5th place.

I feel so ****ing frustrated it's unbelievable. :frown:
Reply 1794
Just trounced Man City 4-2 at home even though every single one of their players is paid far more than every single one of mine - such a good feeling! :biggrin:

But then we go and only narrowly beat Championship side Fulham in the FA Cup......

But on the plus side, it's the beginning of March and we've closed the gap to Europe from 13 points [in Jan] to 8 :smile:
Reply 1795
Was offered the Juve job part way into the transfer window, felt like a **** but decided to take it. Have flown through Euro qualifying and started off the season with a comfortable away win, the squad looks very strong (Ganso and Rossi had been brought in before I arrived) and I'm looking forward to the season ahead. :teeth:
Just finished of the season with another 2 trophies :cool:

Fa Cup

WBA 3-0 Manu

Champions League

WBA 2-1 Inter Milan

Time for a long holiday.. and then back for preseason, need a few new faces in to freshen it up abit.
Original post by JK.
Was offered the Juve job part way into the transfer window, felt like a **** but decided to take it. Have flown through Euro qualifying and started off the season with a comfortable away win, the squad looks very strong (Ganso and Rossi had been brought in before I arrived) and I'm looking forward to the season ahead. :teeth:

I believe you shouldn't have taken the Juventus job, but its too late to change now. Just give it your 100% effort and try win every single trophy possible.
Reply 1798
Kept the Toro save where it was so can go back to that when I want rather than restart from scratch, needed a change from defending for my life every game though.
Original post by JK.
Kept the Toro save where it was so can go back to that when I want rather than restart from scratch, needed a change from defending for my life every game though.

Good lad. The secret behind becoming a successful manager is staying at one club for a long time. Success doesn't just come over night.

Latest