The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Ok, I think my biggest problem at the moment is the income section. What exactly are you supposed to write there? The money you will be receiving from csn?? You are not supposed to write anything about savings you might have? and I just have to say that I find it ridiculous that they will take my parents' incomes into account up until I'm 25, my parents are not going to pay for my education so what has their income got to do with anything?!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 781
i've applied to SAAS and even got my award notice and i can't remember filling in my parents' income. i wrote nothing in the income section cause i figured they will pay my tuition fees no matter if i get ordinary "stuidemedel" from csn or not. and i wont have any income from work or such so i just skipped that part. and no complimentary forms about how long my parents have been living in the UK, no. i agree that it's all quite confusing and i really hope they wont discover that there's been a mistake in my form so that they'll make me pay all the money back in a few years or so... that would suck... :rolleyes:
hello everyone
this message won't make no sense cos its not surpose to,but i felt like saying hello
ok hello
bye!
Reply 783
Sanja
Aw thank you Dalimyr and Ankan

I'll actually go and have a look at the form now and if I have any problems I'll pester you with questions ankan, thank you!

oh btw, did they ask you to send in complimentary forms (via ordinary post) on how long your parents have lived in the UK (niether me nor my parents have ever lived in the UK so I have no idea what they are on about?? I'm starting to think that I must have ticked the wrong box or something somewhere...)

I hope that I can help you so let's get started.:smile:

If you are only applying for tuition fees you don't need to send in any forms by mail. Even tough they say you should during the process, but those are just if you are applying for anything further than the tuition. Here I'm totally sure since I've checked and rechecked this with their office.:biggrin:

I'll check my own application for your other question so I'll get back to you on that one.:cool:
Reply 784
Sanja
Ok, I think my biggest problem at the moment is the income section. What exactly are you supposed to write there? The money you will be receiving from csn?? You are not supposed to write anything about savings you might have? and I just have to say that I find it ridiculous that they will take my parents' incomes into account up until I'm 25, my parents are not going to pay for my education so what has their income got to do with anything?!

Ok I've checked my application now, and it appears as if I've written an appreciated sum of what I might receive from CSN. But, as Martika writes it's probably not important so perhaps you don't need to writhe anything.
Reply 785
Thank you ankan and martika!

I think I'll just write none under income since I have only applied for the grant, not the loan, form CSN...and yes I really really hope they wont make me pay all the money back later :rolleyes:

one last question, I have a younger brother who will do full time studies in Sweden, should I really write that when they ask "If any other member of your family is taking a full time further or higher education course this year, please give details."
Icecradle

Yes - and also on the beach in Florida which is illegal and the sheriffs car came along the beach and I was so impressed with it being a sheriff, that the american kids had to practically drag me off the beach to hide. I was all like 'ooooh it's a sheriff! We don't have sheriffs in the UK!' hehe.

Haha. I guess it would not have mattered if you were arrested because at least you would have gotten to see a sheriff in action. Oh the novelty!

Anyway, I think we've all demonstrated suitable levels of evilness, but I must confess I have never committed a felony. I did ditch school once (heh to work on a paper I had been procrastinating on). But not to worry I have all this inner evil deep inside of me waiting to come out at the opportune moment. :biggrin:
er, can i still join if i have never skived? my last day EVER of school today and i have a clean record. or comitted a felony [as far as i know], set off fire works, but probably have taken sweets off a small child.......hm, i'm ashamed of myself.
omg, [on a side note] £38 for a provisional drivers licence, and i only want it as ID! shocked, shocked, shocked.
Reply 788
Hmm...closest I've ever come was a speeding ticket. Although I have had my tarrot cards read a few years ago (I know that sounds creepy) and they said that while I have the appearence of someone nice and innocent, I actually have this inner evil side that is waiting to be unleashed.
Reply 789
blondemoment
er, can i still join if i have never skived? my last day EVER of school today and i have a clean record. or comitted a felony [as far as i know], set off fire works, but probably have taken sweets off a small child.......hm, i'm ashamed of myself.
And so you should be :p: Taking sweeties from a small child...though, it's not as easy as you'd think - just look at what happened to Mr Burns :wink:

mbm1087
while I have the appearence of someone nice and innocent, I actually have this inner evil side that is waiting to be unleashed
Hmm, all these goody-goody people wanting in the pentacle/pentagram of evil and joining our world domination society...well, I'd be willing to let you all in, anyway - it's true about everyone having an inner evil, and with our help you'll learn to not only unleash it, but to control it in ways to multiply your outer evil exponentially. Then we can have a party of evilness :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:
Wow....a demon banana, i've never seen that before...
Reply 791
Hehe, I love the evil banana smilie :smile: Don't often get much of an opportunity to use it, though :frown:
Reply 792
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask a quick question. I'm doing the accommodation form for entry this September, and I wondered if it's normal to give a preference of a Hall or whether I should just leave it to fate. There's nowhere on the form to give a preference, but if I'm potentially going to spend 4 years there, I want to get it right! I think I will want catered standard accommodation.

Lastly, is it normal to move halls after a year, in case you saw one you preferred!?

Jimbo
Reply 793
Perfectly normal - some people stay in one hall all four years, some move hall every year, or even more regularly than that (you can request transfer if you don't like where you're staying - this happened with three of my housemates in the past two years. The first couldn't cope with self-catered, so moved out to McIntosh in October 2004. The second didn't get on with the housemates in Albany Park, so moved into the room vacated by the first person (sometime in November 2004, I think). The third moved out to New Hall to be with a friend or something in March 2006.)

Specify a hall if you want to, but it's not necessary. Odds are that you'll like the place you get put in, anyway...and if you don't, you can always request a transfer to another hall :wink:

I know of one group of girls who left their hall in the middle of first year and got a flat together, where they stayed until they all graduated last year. That's another possibility...though I wouldn't suggest getting a flat with people quite as early as they did - maybe after your first year or two, so you really know the people you plan on sharing with.
Reply 794
Anyone else planning on living in standard catered halls, apart from me and Jimbo ? :poke: :biggrin:
Reply 795
Nope, I prefer self-catered...and don't poke me :girlhit: :p:
Reply 796
Dalimyr
Nope, I prefer self-catered...and don't poke me :girlhit: :p:

Sorry about the poking :p: , that's my evil side coming through :biggrin:
Le compte à rebours a commencé, le 9ème juin je suis libre, enfin, après 12 ans, et qu'est-ce que je fais? Je continue à étudier...

i would say the french transaltion is nigh on perfect.

CATERED, STANDARD come on Sallies :party:
Reply 798
blondemoment
Le compte à rebours a commencé, le 9ème juin je suis libre, enfin, après 12 ans, et qu'est-ce que je fais? Je continue à étudier...

i would say the french transaltion is nigh on perfect.

CATERED, STANDARD come on Sallies :party:

Merci beaucoup de cette correction :biggrin: ...je pense que je peux parler française mais en réalité je ne peux pas..:p:

You don't know that you are going to Sallies or do you? :confused:
Reply 799
Thanks so much for your long reply Dalimyr!
Oh, so no-one wants to go into catered halls then! I was thinking all the places might have run out by the time my form gets there...

Jimbo

Latest

Trending

Trending