The Student Room Group

Uni Entry - Annoyed!!

I'm getting myself really annoyed by the entry criteria for uni.

I already have a HND which I passed with Distinction! (11 out of the 16 units D, other 5 M) I graduated in 2003. I also have 5 'O' levels, (You can tell I'm old now, I passed them in 1986!)

so, I wanted to go back to uni to study Diagnostic Radiography but I am being told as I have no recent study, within the last 5 years, I have to go and do an access course!!

Ok.. look into access course, need 5 GCSE's, or can do a science pathway worth 5 GCSE's.. I have 5 O levels!!! But I do not have the certificates any more, contacted my old school, no records!!

Went on to read in the Access course information that the Access course leads to 'Any science related degree, HND, vocational qualification or science related occupation.'

...... I HAVE a HND!!!! :mad:

Ok, I understand they need to see proof that you can study and have done in recent years, but do I really need to go back to the beginning!!! I may as well have no qualifications at all! Does my HND stand for nothing??

Completely miffed!!
:confused:
Reply 1
You need to discuss with the uni what they will accept. However, some people do short courses with the Open University for this reason. You may even get the fees paid if you're on a low income.

Also, if you contact the exam boards they can send you copies of your certificates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending