The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I wouldn't mind trying Taco Bell before I croak it - I love mexican food (regardless of authenticity) and the ads they put out always look awesome, and apparently it's really cheap.

I know we have like 2 restaurants here in the UK, but naturally, they're a trazillion miles from me.

Reply 81
Original post by Wanischa
Dragon fruit is pretty but plain.
I really want to try Lucky Charms and French Macarons.

IS THAT WHAT THOSE ARE??
I keep seeing those on groupon adverts and think they've just photoshopped some burgers hahahaha :colondollar:
Reply 82
That mackeral wrapped in bread that that guy made on Masterchef the other night. Rrrrrr
Original post by lightburns
I found crocodile too tough. Might have just been bad luck with what bit I had, but I didn't find it very nice.

Where are you finding crocodile? don't suppose anywhere in London?
Original post by The Lyceum
Where are you finding crocodile? don't suppose anywhere in London?

I went on holiday to South Africa quite a number of years back. They have crocodile farms there.
Though there must be somewhere in London that sells them..
http://www.efoodies.co.uk/invt/croctail/ Not cheap.

Original post by Mm_Minty
IS THAT WHAT THOSE ARE??
I keep seeing those on groupon adverts and think they've just photoshopped some burgers hahahaha :colondollar:

SAME!
Reply 85
She's making french macarons on "Baking Made Easy" on ITV at the moment!! (Well, in a minute!)
I went on holiday to South Africa quite a number of years back. They have crocodile farms there.

SAME!

Thanks, quite a lot of good stuff on there, I meant more in terms of a restaurant though.
Reply 87
Original post by laryxle
These are sooooooooo popular where I live haha. Their deliciousness depends on what flavour you have. I had a lavender one that put me right off them, but I had a lime one that was :coma:

As for what I would like to try...durian, sake, hmmm i'm not sure what else...

Durian is amazing but as long as they are not to mushy. They also do fried durian. Amazing stuff, definite one of my favourite thing to eat.

I can't find Macarons anywhere around here D:
Reply 88

SAME!

Glad it's not just me then :biggrin:
I live in a predominantly Indian/Pakistani area so there's loads of Indian sweet shops around and I keep meaning to try....

I've tried some like the green one which I liked because it's pistachio but the pink one was disappointing because I thought it was going to be nougat-y but it was more like a fried sponge cake in honey :cry2:
I might get some later :ahee:

The $5000 burger.
Reply 91
Original post by Sean_Connery

The $5000 burger.

Is that the one with gold dust sprinkled on it?
Original post by Potiron
Is that the one with gold dust sprinkled on it?

No I think that one is even more expensive and not from Vegas. (But still from the states).
Reply 93
Original post by JupiterSunshine
I live in a predominantly Indian/Pakistani area so there's loads of Indian sweet shops around and I keep meaning to try....

I've tried some like the green one which I liked because it's pistachio but the pink one was disappointing because I thought it was going to be nougat-y but it was more like a fried sponge cake in honey :cry2:
I might get some later :ahee:

I would love to try some of those sweets!! One of the contestants on Come Dine with Me served them up, and I was like, "wow, those look damned good!" Pistachio is something we don't see enough of in sweets in my opinion...
Original post by TotoMimo
I would love to try some of those sweets!! One of the contestants on Come Dine with Me served them up, and I was like, "wow, those look damned good!" Pistachio is something we don't see enough of in sweets in my opinion...

I bought a box from the local halal grocers and was fairly disapointed. They all tasted fairly similar, like bad fudge.
Reply 95
they should do an 'american foods' aisle in tescos, i want to try loads of their foods :biggrin: much better than the weird polish stuff they sell now :s
Reply 96
I really want to try snails!
Reply 97
Original post by TotoMimo
I wouldn't mind trying Taco Bell before I croak it - I love mexican food (regardless of authenticity) and the ads they put out always look awesome, and apparently it's really cheap.

I know we have like 2 restaurants here in the UK, but naturally, they're a trazillion miles from me.

I tried some up in California and it was pretty meh... I I think its 'cause its fast food, I had like a rather tasteless squishy burrito lol.

Original post by chellzey
I really want to try snails!

I've had them, not all that, but definitely worth a try!
Reply 98
Original post by Wilzyy
I've had them, not all that, but definitely worth a try!

Can they be compared to any other food? Also, where did you try them?
Reply 99
Dammit, I wish I could afford food.

Original post by chellzey
Can they be compared to any other food? Also, where did you try them?

I've had them too, in France. They were alright, kinda rubbery and garlicy?

Latest