The Student Room Group

Was this wise?

So, I have been rejected by all five choices for Law and thus await Extra whilst attempting to decided about my future.

Whilst waiting, I decided to email more than 10 universities and told them that due to mitigating circumstances, that would they consider my application for Law or any other suitable course? In short, I decided to begin my own personal UCAS Extra quite early.

So, was this wise? What would they say?
Reply 1
I dont really see how it can negatively impact on you. Im sure I'll be corrected if Im wrong though.
Original post by Pheebs1201
I dont really see how it can negatively impact on you. Im sure I'll be corrected if Im wrong though.

I'd say the same - seeming keen is very rarely a bad idea.
Reply 3
I agree with the above posters. You will come across as keen. Getting yourself on the radar may well help.
Reply 4
Don't really see any problem with it to be honest. Personally, I'd rather do something a little proactive than doing absolutely nothing at all...

I started e-mailing my Universities asking them why they were taking so long giving out offers, I just needed to feel like something was happening... Some of my friends didn't think it was such a good idea when I told them, they said that I should have just left it to UCAS. But I don't see anything wrong with it.

(I'm terribly impatient)
Reply 5
Unis generally won't know if they're in Extra yet, so all you'll get is "wait and see". So from that point of view it was a waste of time. They are also very unlikely to tell you if you'll actually get an offer - they'll just say they'll consider you, which means nothing. Also you can only apply to one a t a time through Extra, not 10.

So whilst you haven't lost anything you really haven't gained anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending