The Student Room Group

Does anyone else find Paloma Faith incredibly annoying?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Koko1008
you're entitled to your own opinion

Original post by Koko1008
keep it to yourself.

lol
Original post by Emily115
Who said she was trying to be fashionable? I don't think that's really her goal.
Personally, I don't mind her, I don't really see/hear her on much and I quite like some of her music. She's better than the some of the other **** in the charts xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops, I was meant to pos rep this but my finger accidentally slipped to the neg rep, sorry :o:. Darn you iPhone!

That said, funny how this thread got bumped exactly 2 years after its creation date :beard:
Reply 22
I quite like her music and I like her style. I don't like her personality. Her TV appearances always make me cringe! I can't tell if she is actually that crazy or if she is putting on an act, and that frustrates me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Paloma Faith: Comes from the same School of Turgid British '****e-Pop' , along with Ellie-Talentless-Breathy-Voice-Pop-Starlet-Goulding, .... & 'Who Ate All The PIES Adele'....... does Faith not realise there are skilled Orthodontists that could at least make her look less like a Rabid Hound?........
Oi,... Faith Lose the Choppers and get back to working on the checkouts at Tesco,.... You are a marketing product, not a musician, and you have Scary Teeth.
She sung a few songs for Seasick Steve at his live shows and has a great voice. Don't care much for her own music though.
Reply 25
Paloma Faith makes you realise how good Winehouse was. Faith is just an Ole Spunker with Hideous Teeth. Who gives a **** who her "Designers" are. Do something new and original Faith,.... stop copying other styles and trying to Burlesque it up. Tragic.
I Can understand why some people dislike Paloma but (being a Giant Fan) i feel like shes different to every one else, is very pretty, i think her fashion Sense is Amazing (quirky but Lively and Abstract.) ,with hit singles like changing, only love can hurt like this, picking up the pieces and New York, she is very much talented and (dare i say) one of the best British Singers around. And i Feel people like Cheryl, harry styles and Katy Perry are very much famous, but yet they are no where near as good as Paloma Faith. over the 5 years of listening to her i can say that she an amazing person in general. And (unlike some singers) she can sing amazingly live as i have been to 2 of the shows ,they where both the best nights of my life. :biggrin:
I Can understand why some people dislike Paloma but (being a Giant Fan) i feel like shes different to every one else, is very pretty, i think her fashion Sense is Amazing (quirky but Lively and Abstract.) ,with hit singles like changing, only love can hurt like this, picking up the pieces and New York, she is very much talented and (dare i say) one of the best British Singers around. And i Feel people like Cheryl, harry styles and Katy Perry are very much famous, but yet they are no where near as good as Paloma Faith. over the 5 years of listening to her i can say that she an amazing person in general. And (unlike some singers) she can sing amazingly live as i have been to 2 of the shows ,they where both the best nights of my life. :biggrin:
Reply 28
Very briefly ran into @palomafaith today at #bigfeastival where she broke the hearts of two of her young fans by refusing to be photographed with them and then went on stage to suggest an "epidemic of kindness" as a way to help end all wars. #vilehypocrite
^ lol

She is irritating as ****, and she only has two facial expressions.

I can't be doing with anyone who thinks they're as cool as she clearly does. **** off back to Camden market you vacuous preening ****.

"Oh look at me, I dress like I was born in the 20s, aren't I cool?"

No you're not you're just a ****, and I bet you hang out with ****ing ***** too. ****.
I think she is beautiful.
I love Paloma Faith she just says what she thinks and don't even care. She walk out of her first audition because the guy who was watching was an a$$ and ignoring her. Now that takes a lot to do and I respect her for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pix2015
I love Paloma Faith she just says what she thinks and don't even care. She walk out of her first audition because the guy who was watching was an a$$ and ignoring her. Now that takes a lot to do and I respect her for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That just makes her sound like a ****, not professional at all.

Someone didn't give her the attention she wanted so she walked out lol...
Original post by Wilfred Little
That just makes her sound like a ****, not professional at all.

Someone didn't give her the attention she wanted so she walked out lol...

She was singing and the guy was ignoring her and texting his mate. This was her chance to become famous and she stop the band and stared at him and asked if he had finished. That took guts to do. And I totally respect her for that. That is the type of person that she is and I respect that.
Original post by Pix2015
She was singing and the guy was ignoring her and texting his mate. This was her chance to become famous and she stop the band and stared at him and asked if he had finished. That took guts to do. And I totally respect her for that. That is the type of person that she is and I respect that.

This story sounds odd but anyway. it really doesn't. It would have taken more guts to just finish the audition in a professional manner instead of storming off.

If you can't take that then you ain't built for the music industry. Can imagine her walking off stage if she got booed or something.
I used to but then I actually listened to what she says in interviews and stuff she's actually pretty cool.

Also good song... (One of the only imo)

I just can't rely on you.
Original post by Wilfred Little
This story sounds odd but anyway. it really doesn't. It would have taken more guts to just finish the audition in a professional manner instead of storming off.

If you can't take that then you ain't built for the music industry. Can imagine her walking off stage if she got booed or something.

But she didn't storm off that's the point im trying to make she stood there with her arms crossed.

Anyway that guy lost out on a lot of money as she got a record with a different company.
I really like her. I think she's unique and quirky ... We need that in this world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
It wasn't that she couldn't take it, it was that he was just rude. If you are auditioning someone its just good manners to pay attention to them. It was him who was not professional. Nine months later he contacted her and she made out she didn't know who he was. So he explained and then gave her a recording contract. Hell, there's no one like Paloma. She is simply brilliant. None of you haters have taken time to get to know her. She's a breath of fresh air in a stinking industry.
Paloma faith is a very influenced and influential person and she is my ultimate role model. I have a fan account and she has so many fans. so many people love her! her fashion sense is not for everyone I personally love it though!! if you don't like her you don't need to make a big deal about it seriously!

Quick Reply

Latest