The Student Room Group

Driving test fail

Failed my driving test again. I don’t know what goes wrong when I drive, I get so nervous. My instructor was reading the faults and told me that I don’t do this normally when I drive with him. I honestly don’t know what to do because it’s so expensive. Does anyone have advice for passing?

updated- I passed!! 3rd time lucky🤞🏽 I think me being significantly less nervous than before helped as well as taking my instructor with me!
To anyone who has failed recently, I just want to say stick with it because you know you can pass!! Just have faith and do what ever you need to keep that faith🤞🏽
(edited 4 months ago)
I've just given this exact same reply to someone else...

Practise, experience, and more practise. When you reach a level that takes you well beyond the basic level of a driving test, then even though your standard may drop on the day you will still be good enough to pass. It's up to your instructor (and yourself) to reach that standard.

When I was an ADI, 60% of my pupils passed on first attempt, and I rarely took someone for test more than twice because I made sure that they were better than 'learner drivers' when I took them for test.

If you keep failing tests, perhaps you need to consider whether your driving instructor is the one to take you to that standard?
I am finding it frustrating too. The driving test must be the hardest test I have ever had to prepare and sit in for. I have a test soon, hopefully I will be leaving with a pass certificate.
Original post by student2208
Failed my driving test again. I don’t know what goes wrong when I drive, I get so nervous. My instructor was reading the faults and told me that I don’t do this normally when I drive with him. I honestly don’t know what to do because it’s so expensive. Does anyone have advice for passing?

updated- I passed!! 3rd time lucky🤞🏽 I think me being significantly less nervous than before helped as well as taking my instructor with me!
To anyone who has failed recently, I just want to say stick with it because you know you can pass!! Just have faith and do what ever you need to keep that faith🤞🏽

I am finding it frustrating too. The driving test must be the hardest test I have ever had to prepare and sit in for. I have one soon, hopefully I will be leaving with a pass certificate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending