The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh university

Has anyone applied to Edinburgh college of art for 2024 and got a response? I’ve sent of my portfolio and want an idea for how long it will take for them to respond.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Has anyone applied to Edinburgh college of art for 2024 and got a response? I’ve sent of my portfolio and want an idea for how long it will take for them to respond.

I have!! not heard anything back yet though ahh
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by hellooo1324

When did you send off your portfolio?

Me too! Sent it away on the 4th of feb and still haven’t heard back
Original post by MoRD28
When did you send off your portfolio?

early january! hbu :smile:)
Reply 5

early january! hbu :smile:)

2nd if feb :smile:
What course is it you’ve all applied for? I applied to BA Fine Art :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by d4rk3ntries

Yeah, same :smile:
Original post by MoRD28
Yeah, same :smile:

that's cool we might end up on the same course then 🙂 is Edinburgh your first choice?
Reply 9
that's cool we might end up on the same course then 🙂 is Edinburgh your first choice?

yeah it is. that's why I'm stressed about them not responding lol
Original post by MoRD28
yeah it is. that's why I'm stressed about them not responding lol

It’s my first choice too, hopefully they respond soon cause the waiting is kind of frustrating
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 11
It’s my first choice too, hopefully they respond soon cause the waiting is kind of frustrating

Yeah, I agree. Were you confident with your portfolio?
Original post by MoRD28
Yeah, I agree. Were you confident with your portfolio?

Yeah, I put all of my best stuff in it so there wasn't really much else I could've done to make it better. The only thing that annoyed me though was that they changed the way we hand in portfolios from slides to survey monkey cause I had been planning what I was going to put on my slides since like July/August time and had to re-think it all. Were you confident in yours?

same! do you guys have insta? it would be cool to get to know people potentially on the same course we’re on :smile:
same! do you guys have insta? it would be cool to get to know people potentially on the same course we’re on :smile:

yeah I totally agree, my insta is
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 15
Yeah, I put all of my best stuff in it so there wasn't really much else I could've done to make it better. The only thing that annoyed me though was that they changed the way we hand in portfolios from slides to survey monkey cause I had been planning what I was going to put on my slides since like July/August time and had to re-think it all. Were you confident in yours?

Yeah, I was annoyed about Survey Monkey as well. Yeah, I made my teacher check it several times and I think It was okay lol. However, I'd wrote quite a bit of information to go with the images but when I uploaded them I had to cut them down quite a lot so that was annoying. When you uploaded them were the images blurry because I tried uploading them in different formats but every time my images were blurry.
Original post by MoRD28
Yeah, I was annoyed about Survey Monkey as well. Yeah, I made my teacher check it several times and I think It was okay lol. However, I'd wrote quite a bit of information to go with the images but when I uploaded them I had to cut them down quite a lot so that was annoying. When you uploaded them were the images blurry because I tried uploading them in different formats but every time my images were blurry.

Yeah I was a bit bothered by the word count for the images cause there wasn't really much space to put anything worthwhile after I'd said titles, mediums etc. I don't really remember how blurry mine were, but I think they were slightly blurry, I had taken the photos on my phone then put them on my laptop to hand in so that could've been the cause of it maybe - either way I don't think whoever's marking the folios will mind if the images are a bit blurry as long as they can still see the work so I think we'll be okay lol

it won't let me reply to your dm but I've added you!
Reply 18
it won't let me reply to your dm but I've added you!

my insta is just
mollyrosedonaldson
Original post by MoRD28
my insta is just
mollyrosedonaldson

Added you : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending