The Student Room Group

BBC3 - Junior Doctors: Your Life In Their Hands

Scroll to see replies

Adam LOL at telling the woman her blood is going to the black pudding factory and that she's single handedly keeping it open... not sure that's the bedside manner they talked about in med school but it's very entertaining to watch! :biggrin:
Reply 181
Original post by diamonddust
Yeah, that guy looks really cool! I'd like to hang out with Suzi but the fact she's a doctor is sort of... scary? Adam just made me laugh! Well, cringe! But I suppose it's the same thing! I want to hug Kathyrn, she just seems so sweet but so scared!

I'd want him to be my Dr.
Original post by Renal
ED SHO in their (alleged) first week? Par fro the corse.

(Of course I knew how much diaz to whack up the fitters arse :wink:)

Course you did Renal! :biggrin: I remember you from my aspiring med days haha, you were the one crushing all the prospective medics' dreams with a large dose of realism! :teehee:
I've changed my mind about Suzi, she's not as bad as she appeared in the first 5 minutes! :blush:

Do junior doctors live together in real life or is this just for TV? /random musing
Original post by Beska
By the time this series is out, that's not all he's going to be popping into her mouth.

Spoiler

:rofl: no its informed humour
Original post by Altrozero
I'd want him to be my Dr.

Who Adam? Or the big guy whose name I don't know? :biggrin: Edit: Oh his name is Jon!

Adam stop making me LOL by calling yourself the 'ward bitch' and complaining about paperwork! :laugh: He just seems like fun!

GASTRO! That was where I was going to do my work experience/shadowing until I realised I hated sciences and... hospitals. Sorry medics! :redface:

Lucy's good! Seems like she's already a *proper* bona fide doctor as opposed to a newly qualified one.
Edit: I take that back. Telling the alchie to go cold turkey?? Not cool, man!
(edited 13 years ago)
is it just me or did the asian guy never seem to go near the hospital and instead spent all his time going out???
Reply 186
Original post by diamonddust
Course you did Renal! :biggrin: I remember you from my aspiring med days haha, you were the one crushing all the prospective medics' dreams with a large dose of realism! :teehee:
I've changed my mind about Suzi, she's not as bad as she appeared in the first 5 minutes! :blush:

Do junior doctors live together in real life or is this just for TV? /random musing
I live with my fiancée but she's also a cardio housebitch. :biggrin:

Almost everyone I know lives with other doctors or in hossie accom with other doctors.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 187
Original post by infernalcradle
is it just me or did the asian guy never seem to go near the hospital and instead spent all his time going out???

He's my idol.
Reply 188
I want to work on A&E so I can wear my fresh white creps to work :smile:

Good watch though, was pretty entertaining, although with shades of realism.
I tried to watch it but couldn't hear what was being said over my mother shouting things like "THEY ALL SOUND STUPID." "OH DEAR GOD, SHE'S A BIMBO..." "HE'S FAT BUT HE'S A DOCTOR. HOW DOES THAT WORK" "THAT GUY'S AN ARROGANT T**T" (guess who that was aimed at...) safe to say she doesn't trust junior doctors....
watch how no patient every trusts a F1/F2 doctor again after these episodes
Adam was funny the bit at the very begining where he was talking to the female doctor to try and diagnose the paitent and bluffying his way to the wrong awnser. His technique for getting that pen out of the box priceless
Why he was so wanting to tell people they have 3 weeks to live i just don't understand thats shouldn't be the highlight of his job and kong had it right the other guy talking about decades though :facepalm
thats on fire just made me lol

Sue looked scared and nervous at times but seemed to know what she was doing

kat well not being able to take bloods, Adam was doing that all day at one point during the program she seemed so uneasy made me question my own organisation skills i think i need to improve on them after watching her in the ep

why was the house so nice?
Reply 192
Tbh I feel the expectations from applicants is too much, SGUL in particular interview in OSCE style mmi to measure applicants suitabilty as a doctors, yet the reality of newly qualified doctors is that their abilities seem to fall fall below what is demanded at interview stage.

Applicants are expected to display skills that even qualified doctors have yet to master.

When Adam replied that he would have no trouble telling a patient that they only had 3 weeks to live the other guys implied he was being over confident in his abilities. I had to do exactly this during interview, the judging is harsh as it´s so hard to get an offer from SGUL you have to have ticked all the boxes.

Applicants are scrutinised by panels to check that they have researched the profession and are informed of the advantages and disadvantages of being a doctor, working for the nhs ect yet these qualified doctors seemed put out they there was a large amount of paperwork and long hours :confused:
how can i foget sticking the finger up the ass the big guys story

why didn't he remove his hand before the **** went past the glove
Reply 194
Original post by Neomaster121
Why he was so wanting to tell people they have 3 weeks to live i just don't understand thats shouldn't be the highlight of his job
You'd be surprised. Breaking bad news is one of the most challenging aspects of the job, it's probably one of the best markers of how good a doctor you are.

kat well not being able to take bloods, Adam was doing that all day at one point during the program she seemed so uneasy made me question my own organisation skills i think i need to improve on them after watching her in the ep
Are you in a rush to get all your words out? :confused:

why was the house so nice?
'Cos the beeb are buying.
Original post by Beska
He's my idol.

haha, is that cos he wants to be a surgeon or cos he spends all his time going out and never to the hospital?
Suzi's nose is distracting.
Reply 197
Original post by delphie
Tbh I feel the expectations from applicants is too much, SGUL in particular interview in OSCE style mmi to measure applicants suitabilty as a doctors, yet the reality of newly qualified doctors is that their abilities seem to fall fall below what is demanded at interview stage.

Applicants are expected to display skills that even qualified doctors have yet to master.

When Adam replied that he would have no trouble telling a patient that they only had 3 weeks to live the other guys implied he was being over confident in his abilities. I had to do exactly this during interview, the judging is harsh as it´s so hard to get an offer from SGUL you have to have ticked all the boxes.

Applicants are scrutinised by panels to check that they have researched the profession and are informed of the advantages and disadvantages of being a doctor, working for the nhs ect yet these qualified doctors seemed put out they there was a large amount of paperwork and long hours :confused:
Applicants shmaplicants.

Nobody tests whether you can do these things, they test whether you have the potential to. Don't kid yourself.

And you'll never be prepared for your housejob.
Reply 198
Original post by infernalcradle
haha, is that cos he wants to be a surgeon or cos he spends all his time going out and never to the hospital?

Definitely the latter. :p:
Reply 199
Original post by Renal

Almost everyone I know lives with other doctors or in hossie accom with other doctors.

-1. :biggrin:

Yeah, apparently the sweetener was luxury free (shared) accommodation for them together!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending