The Student Room Group

which would be the highest paid out of these jobs?

a friend and i were discussing careers, jobs pay came up and we were unsure which of these would be highest paid... if you can could u give us a rank order of highest to lowest paid... also a rank order of prestige? too
-doctor
-IP lawyer(patent lawyer)
-finance/investment banking
-R&D jobs in pharmaceutical/biotech companines
-Management consultants(Big 4)
-international organisation(e.g. UN, WHO, ect...)
We're not basing career decisions in any shape or form to this, it was just a discussion/debate we were having about potentail earnings in specific jobs/fields
Thanks!
Original post by coolusername_03
a friend and i were discussing careers, jobs pay came up and we were unsure which of these would be highest paid... if you can could u give us a rank order of highest to lowest paid... also a rank order of prestige? too
-doctor
We're not basing career decisions in any shape or form to this, it was just a discussion/debate we were having about potentail earnings in specific jobs/fields
Thanks!

The people in a particular profession or industry don't all get paid the same. For example:

A newly qualified junior doctor would get paid less than a doctor with 20 years' experience and his own private practice.

Is the person who works in Finance / Investment Banking a junior trader, a desk head, a quant, an analyst, Head of Markets Compliance, or the CEO?

Many, many different types of people work in the UN or the WHO. Is this person a translator, or the Secretary General?

(All questions are rhetorical, by the way, just to illustrate the point that your question has no answer.)
Reply 2
Original post by coolusername_03
-doctor
Thanks!

Out if those investment banking has peak earnings.
David Solomon is on what $35m?

Prestige? Probably the UN I'd say. Obviously Goldman Sachs is too, depends who you'd be trying to impress.

But yeah, if you head up either the UN or Goldman Sachs then there are few doors that won't be open to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending