The Student Room Group

NVQ Level 3 Business Administration

Scroll to see replies

I am also struggling with this course!! any one have any examples of anything to do with the early units? I'm currently doing Unit 1, the Q&A's. Any sort of help with this would be appreciated. Thank youuuu!
Original post by lucaykerley
I am also struggling with this course!! any one have any examples of anything to do with the early units? I'm currently doing Unit 1, the Q&A's. Any sort of help with this would be appreciated. Thank youuuu!

unit 1 Learning outcome one: You need to understand what a stakeholder is and the identify who, in your organisation are the stakeholders and how do you communicate with each of them. A couple of good links for you to try:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/business/environment/stakeholders1.shtml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE4buj38IMY
Hi, I know it's not level 3 but I was wondering if anybody could help with my level 2 in Business. The question that I am struggling on is "1.1 Describe organisational policies,procedures and levels of authority in maintaining supplies" Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by chloeoh98
Hi, I know it's not level 3 but I was wondering if anybody could help with my level 2 in Business. The question that I am struggling on is "1.1 Describe organisational policies,procedures and levels of authority in maintaining supplies" Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

This question is asking you to describe what your companies policies are with regard to maintaining levels of stock e.g. paper, pens. i.e. who has authority to order them? Who do you go to when you need materials?
Struggling with
Evaluate the effectiveness of different communication systems
communication systems - does this mean telephone, email, etc? or something more complicated than that? does it mean bespoke software that a business might use to communicate internally? little confused. someone help!
Reply 25
Hi, can anyone help with Business and administration level 3 unit 23 Produce business documents. I've been ok and complete the whole unit but struggling with what 1.3 means - describe how corporate identity impacts upon document production. I've emailed my assessor and she says it means how do you create a filing system ie alphabetical or numerical. This just doesn't seem to fit the question to me. I would be grateful for any help. Thank you.
Reply 26
Original post by lucaykerley
Struggling with
Evaluate the effectiveness of different communication systems
communication systems - does this mean telephone, email, etc? or something more complicated than that? does it mean bespoke software that a business might use to communicate internally? little confused. someone help!

Hi I've completed this unit and had it approved. Your right it means telephone, email, face to face, letter, internet & Social media.

Hope this helps.
Hi Guys

I am also currently completing my level 3 and I am stuck on UNIT 1 and the question is analyse the different communication models that support administration.

Can any1 please help me.
hi can anyone help me on unit 3 Explain legal, security and confidentiality requirements for informationsystems in a business environment?

thanks!
Hi I'm doing Business Admin Level 2.

Currently stuck on Unit 4 - Principles of business document production and information management.

3.1 Explain the need for safe storage and efficient retrieval of information.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
hi i'm doing business level 3 unit 1 and i'm stuck at the 1.6 question: explain the factors to be taken into into account in planning and structuring media
I will be grateful for any help. thanks
I am also doing this and need serious help as I need this finished by the end of the week! But I am actually stuck on the first question 1.1 Analyse the communication needs of internal and external stakeholders

I know what a stakeholder is and I am just struggling to put the answer into words. Does anyone have an example for me to look at?
Original post by HairySasha1225
I am also doing this and need serious help as I need this finished by the end of the week! But I am actually stuck on the first question 1.1 Analyse the communication needs of internal and external stakeholders

I have done this and this is what I used In my coursework..
in our company the internal stakeholders are the directors thecommunication we use are mainly face to face as we see them quite often asKimberley works in the same office and tony has his office on the next floorabove to both are easy to reach, another communication that is used is email soif we received something important and needed Tony’s approval we would thenforward it to him and then wait an answer. Kimberley deals with all emailscoming into the main office so she would just deal with them herself and thenpass on to the relevant people.
We don’t have any external stakeholders in our company, but if wedid the communication we would use if they aren’t in the local area would beeither emails or by telephone.
Hi,
Can anyone help me I am stuck on Unit 10 Create bespoke business documents.
Anything would be appreciated

Thanks
Original post by danielmarian
hi i'm doing business level 3 unit 1 and i'm stuck at the 1.6 question: explain the factors to be taken into into account in planning and structuring media
I will be grateful for any help. thanks

Hi,
I have passed this unit and this is what I used, if you would like to take bits out and change into your own words..
Whenplanning for a meeting in the office we would take into account that the peoplewho work on sites would need to also have an input as some of them are also a partof management, one of the managers struggles with dyslexia so sending him along email wouldn’t be any good as he wouldn’t be able to understand it likethe other staff would so we would structure this by calling him at a reasonabletime that would suit both the office and himself. When planning differentcommunication I would also think on the way I would like to receive theinformation and work on it that way, so I cope well in being told face to faceinformation but also work well in being told over the phone so structuring thiswould mean that the person telling me to do something would have to make timeto explain to me in detail for me to understand the full information given.
Hello, I have an answer to this :
1.2 There are different communication models that support administration. Firstly there are one-to-ones. You have to make sure you are face to face and make plenty of eye contact. This will build trust, show respect and show you are interested. Secondly there is round the table meetings. Again here you need to make sure you make sure you make plenty of eye contact with everyone that is present. Actively listen to your audience so they feel comfortable with you and be positive. The audience will stay interested and it will build relationships.

Maybe don't copy it but try to put it in your own words
Reply 36
I am also struggling with this, I find it difficult to interpret what they actually need??
Original post by Trina666
I am also struggling with this, I find it difficult to interpret what they actually need??

Hi Trina,

For this question I based my answers on what you would need to consider. For example, I used a meeting agenda as my form of communication media. In my answer for planning and structuring I included suggestions to consider whether it was formal or informal, what message needs to be delivered, what I want the outcome to be etc. When structuring different communication media if using a meeting agendaas an example again I suggested including facts and figures, responses/actions taken from previous meeting etc.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by HairySasha1225

I know what a stakeholder is and I am just struggling to put the answer into words. Does anyone have an example for me to look at?

hi i am doing this assignment and finding it quite harddo you want to help each other out ?
Reply 39
Original post by cathasle
Hi, can anyone help with Business and administration level 3 unit 23 Produce business documents. I've been ok and complete the whole unit but struggling with what 1.3 means - describe how corporate identity impacts upon document production. I've emailed my assessor and she says it means how do you create a filing system ie alphabetical or numerical. This just doesn't seem to fit the question to me. I would be grateful for any help. Thank you.

Did anyone get back to you on this? If not I've recently sent off this unit and it has been approved - my answer was it is completely different to what your assessor is saying:
Corporate visual identity is the first way that your organisation communicates. It's your face to the world and is a crucial part of your brand. Rightly or wrongly, people use corporate identity every day to assess the credibility of organisations - as quality design indicates investment and financial stability. A strong, consistent and appropriate corporate identity can also have a dramatic impact on the pride and confidence of employees - in other words what an organisation feels about itself. Corporate visual identity encompasses your logo, logotype and (where appropriate) strapline or slogan. It covers the relative size and position of these items, their colours, as well as the colour palette and images used on your stationery, signage, uniforms, website, marketing collateral, vehicle liveries, etc. It includes the typefaces that appear on stationery and brochures - even the choice of paper. Consistency is key - but that doesn't have to mean bland uniformity. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, corporate identity is an effective way for your organisation to achieve differentiation - by helping it to develop a distinctive brand personality that encapsulates its values and aspirations.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending