The Student Room Group

Adding apprenticeship qualifications onto UCAS application

I'm trying to apply to uni after working in childcare for a few years, but I can't work out how to add the qualifications I earned through my apprenticeship onto my application, as I didn't do them through a school or college. Can anyone help?
What are the qualificatons ?
Original post by McGinger
What are the qualificatons ?

I earned an NVQ level 3 in childcare
Apprenticeships/NVQs dont attract UCAS points because they are not academic qualifications, so it isnt going ti make any real difference tou your application for a degree. Presumably you had a link to a College whilst doing your apprenticeship- you can use that and list the NVQ under 'Other qualifications' which allows free-text.
Apprenticeships/NVQs dont attract UCAS points because they are not academic qualifications, so it isnt going ti make any real difference tou your application for a degree. Presumably you had a link to a College whilst doing your apprenticeship- you can use that and list the NVQ under 'Other qualifications' which allows free-text.

That's my problem, it wasn't through a college, it was through an independent company. I'm applying for teacher training courses so would like to include it as I think it would add to my application. Should I just include it in my personal statement and take trying to add it to my qualifactions as a lost cause?
Original post by iamaplantiam
That's my problem, it wasn't through a college, it was through an independent company. I'm applying for teacher training courses so would like to include it as I think it would add to my application. Should I just include it in my personal statement and take trying to add it to my qualifactions as a lost cause?

I wouldnt loose sleep over trying to add it as a qualification - your practical experience will be more important than a minor bit of paper.
Add the apprentciship under employment. so that is part of your application. Yes - certainly worth mentioning this in your statement and using for 'examples' for answering interview questions etc.
I wouldnt loose sleep over trying to add it as a qualification - your practical experience will be more important than a minor bit of paper.
Add the apprentciship under employment. so that is part of your application. Yes - certainly worth mentioning this in your statement and using for 'examples' for answering interview questions etc.

Thanks so much for your help, I have my current job listed, so that should help. I just didn't want to miss out listing it if it was possible.
Even though an apprenticeship isn't an academic qualification, it is a qualification. You need to put all qualifications you have, whether completed/passed or not, on your application. If you didn't do the qualification at a college, just list the place you did the qualification with and put it under that.
Reply 8
Original post by iamaplantiam
Thanks so much for your help, I have my current job listed, so that should help. I just didn't want to miss out listing it if it was possible.

Hi Its been a few years but were you able to get into uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending