The Student Room Group

NVQ Level 3 Business Administration

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what to write for the structure part of this question: Explain the factors to be taken into account in planning and structuring different communication media in the communicate in a business environment unit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
So what is the answer to this? I am struggling to explain or jot it down on paper
I am referring to ;

(Original post by chloeoh98)
Hi, I know it's not level 3 but I was wondering if anybody could help with my level 2 in Business. The question that I am struggling on is "1.1 Describe organisational policies,procedures and levels of authority in maintaining supplies"Any help would be greatly appreciated see less
Original post by aimieleahtaylor
Hello, I have an answer to this :
1.2 There are different communication models that support administration. Firstly there are one-to-ones. You have to make sure you are face to face and make plenty of eye contact. This will build trust, show respect and show you are interested. Secondly there is round the table meetings. Again here you need to make sure you make sure you make plenty of eye contact with everyone that is present. Actively listen to your audience so they feel comfortable with you and be positive. The audience will stay interested and it will build relationships.

Maybe don't copy it but try to put it in your own words

I put something along these lines and was told to redo the question as i had not Analysed the models Shannon, Berlo and Schramm
Original post by TRISHAMOORE1988
Hi Guys

I am also currently completing my level 3 and I am stuck on UNIT 1 and the question is analyse the different communication models that support administration.

Can any1 please help me.

Did you get any help with this? i am stuck on it too.
Hi

I am really struggling with the below can anyone help?
Unit 1-
1.1 Analyse the communication needs of internal and external stakeholders.
1.2 Analyse the different communication models that support administration.
1.8 Explain the use of communications theories and body language
Unit 3 -
Task 4A and 4B
Hi Everybody, I wondered if anybody could possibly help me with a question I am really stuck on please?

I am doing Unit 1: Communicate in a business environment: 1.1 Analyse the communication needs of internal and external stakeholders.

I understand what the difference between an internal and external stakeholders are i.e customers, managers, customers etc but I cannot identify
what their communication needs are. I know we communicate with different methods i.e email, letters etc but it's the needs I am really stuck on.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks
Reply 67
Original post by Amybethstevens24
Hi there,

I'm just about finished with my level 3 business admin course if you need help:smile:

Hello,

Could you help me with Unit 1 1.3. I'm stuck and I'm not exactly sure on what this means :smile:
Original post by Haylouwill
hello can any one help I'm doing level 3 and am stuck on 3.1

Hello, which unit does 3.1 relate to?
Original post by mel_nerraw
Did you get any help with this? i am stuck on it too.

Here is what I put- please don't copy just change the words around a bit

For this question I have decided to analyse the Shannon and Weaver model of communication and the Berlo model of communication.

The Shannon and Weaver model was specially designed to develop the effective communication between sender and receiver. Also they find factors which affecting the communication process called “Noise”. The model deals with various concepts like Information source, transmitter, Noise, channel, message, receiver, channel, information destination, encode and decode.

Sender: The originator of message or the information source selects desire message.

Decoder: The reception place of the signal which converts signals into message. A reverse process of encode.

Receiver: The destination of the message from sender.

Noise: The messages are transferred from encoder to decoder through channel such as cable. During this process the messages may distracted or affected by physical noise like horn sounds, thunder and crowd noise or encoded signals may distract in the channel during the transmission process which affect the communication flow or the receiver may not receive the correct message.

Shannon-Weaver is one of the simplest models and it’s generally applied in various communication theories however, it’s more effective in person-to-person communication than group or mass audience.

Berlo's Model has mainly, four components to describe the communication process. They are sender, message, channel and receiver. Each of the components is affected by many factors.

Sender: The source of the message or the person who originates the message. The person or source sends the message to the receiver. The following are the factors related to sender and are also the same in the case of receiver: communication skills, attitude, knowledge, social systems and culture.

Message: A message is the substance that is being sent by the sender to the receiver. It might be in the form of voice, audio, text, video or other media. The key factors affecting the message are: content, elements, treatment, structure and code.

Channel: The channel is the medium used to send the message. In mass communication and other forms of communication, technical machines might be used as a channel like telephone, internet, etc. But in general communication, the five senses of a human being is the channel for the communication flow and it affects the effectiveness of the channel.

Receiver: Receiver is the person who gets the message sent in the process. This model believes that the thinking pattern and all other factors mentioned above must be in sync to that of the sender for the communication to be effective. The message might not have the same effect as intended if the receiver and sender are not similar.

The main criticism of Berlo’s model of communication is that there is no concept of noise or any kind of barriers in communication process. Another criticism is that both of the people must be similar according to all the factors mentioned above.
Reply 70
Original post by chloe.w6
Hello,

Could you help me with Unit 1 1.3. I'm stuck and I'm not exactly sure on what this means :smile:

That would be great!! Could you try to explain Unit 1 1.8 - Explain the use of communications theories and body language :smile:
Hi,

Can someone help with unit 8- Understand how to prepare business documents? NVQ business admin level 2
1.1 Explain the requirements for language, tone, image and presentation for different documents
1.2 Explain how to integrate images into documents
1.4 Explain the requirements of Data Protection, Copyright and intellectual property legislation relating to document production.
1.5 Describe organisational procedures for version control

I'm literally so stuck, if anyone has completed I would really appreciate some resources/help/guidance on how to answer?
Reply 72
Original post by Steph_H98
Hi,

Can someone help with unit 8- Understand how to prepare business documents? NVQ business admin level 2
1.1 Explain the requirements for language, tone, image and presentation for different documents
1.2 Explain how to integrate images into documents
1.4 Explain the requirements of Data Protection, Copyright and intellectual property legislation relating to document production.
1.5 Describe organisational procedures for version control

I'm literally so stuck, if anyone has completed I would really appreciate some resources/help/guidance on how to answer?

Hi

For 1.1 my assessor told me to pick 3 business documents.

E.g i picked business cards, agenda and memos.

You then say how does language, tone, image and presentation require you to write that document.

Here is what i did for business card for language

Business cards:
These are used for customers to be able to contact your business, usually on small cards.
a) language - The language requirements for a business card is to use professional language. This is because this is the first contact you will be making with your potential client so it needs to make an impact to ensure they contact you.

Then i went on to do tone, image and presentation.

for 1.2 my assessor told me to insert print screen of me integrating a picture and annotate.

Just google how to integrate picture in word doc and print screen each stage you doing doing it and paste into your doc. Then just put a short sentence under each picture explaining what you are doing.
Reply 73
Hi All

I've recently started the Level 3 qualification. I've been set an assignment to answer Unit 320 Principles of Business Assessment Criteria 1.1 - 1.4. 1.1 is 'Explain the characteristics of different business markets'. I am really confused by what is meant by business markets. Is this the free market, command market and mixed market or something else? I can't find anything which says clearly what the different markets are. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated
Original post by robyn-
Hi All

I've recently started the Level 3 qualification. I've been set an assignment to answer Unit 320 Principles of Business Assessment Criteria 1.1 - 1.4. 1.1 is 'Explain the characteristics of different business markets'. I am really confused by what is meant by business markets. Is this the free market, command market and mixed market or something else? I can't find anything which says clearly what the different markets are. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated

Hi Robyn,
The business markets are perfect competition and imperfect competition (monopoly, oligopoly, monopolistic competition and monopsony)

Hope this helps in some way!
Original post by chloe.w6
That would be great!! Could you try to explain Unit 1 1.8 - Explain the use of communications theories and body language :smile:

hi

I've just had this unit signed off - you need to explain the theories of Mehrabian’s ‘Silent Messages’, Birdwhistell’s theory of kinesics, and Argyle’s communication cycle - use Wikipedia/google to look them up and just explain each one and what it says. if you need any more help message me.
Can anyone help me with this one? it is Unit 3 Principles of Business Communication and
Information

Task 4b: Research different information systems and select at least 3 to analyse, against the criteria below:

Analyse the benefits and limitations of different information systems

Explain legal, security and confidentiality requirements for information systems in a business environment

Explain how to monitor the use and effectiveness of an information system

Original post by mel_nerraw
Can anyone help me with this one? it is Unit 3 Principles of Business Communication and
Information

Task 4b: Research different information systems and select at least 3 to analyse, against the criteria below:

Analyse the benefits and limitations of different information systems

Explain legal, security and confidentiality requirements for information systems in a business environment

Explain how to monitor the use and effectiveness of an information system

Take a look at the PowerPoint in this link, you may find it useful :
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwi7k72k37nQAhWL0xoKHYrTAvgQFgghMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fastonrecruitment.co.uk%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2FPrinciples%2520of%2520Business%2520Communication%2520and%2520Information.ppt&usg=AFQjCNH-Llz4tL_NnwbgitwRfI2_e7G3nA
Reply 78
Hi

Has anyone sat the test for Unit 318, 319 & 320 ? not sure what to expect
Corporate identity: following corporate guidelines on fonts, styles etc
ensures standardisation of documentation across the organisation;
portraying a consistent image of the organisation; using specific house
styles and structures appropriate to the organisation

Impact: document production may take longer; other
people/departments may need to be involved; agreement needed from
multiple parties

Quick Reply

Latest