The Student Room Group

NVQ Level 3 Business Administration

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone

I'm about to start this qualification... This is the only studying I will have done since I left college! So I am a bit apprehensive.

I was just wondering if people who have taken this course or are currently doing so could give me any tips going into it? And how are you all finding it in terms of added work etc?

Also if anyone could give me an idea of how long it is taking them/took them then that would be great

Thanks!!!
Reply 81
it's ****ing awful how am i expected to complete all these assignments while working a 9-5 job!!!!
Original post by Rubyx
it's ****ing awful how am i expected to complete all these assignments while working a 9-5 job!!!!

Are you finding it really difficult to balance work and the qualification?
Original post by meganlouisev

tbh balacing it all is not that hard. personally i think i made the wrong choice doing business administration its a bs qualification - should of done something else like IT Users which is business administation combined with software stuff which i think is so much more worthwhile as you learn a lot of skills.

in general, business admin is a bs qualification, sorry about my bad language
Reply 84
Hi everyone

I'm about to start this qualification... This is the only studying I will have done since I left college! So I am a bit apprehensive.

I was just wondering if people who have taken this course or are currently doing so could give me any tips going into it? And how are you all finding it in terms of added work etc?

Also if anyone could give me an idea of how long it is taking them/took them then that would be great

Thanks!!!

Hi Megan, I have just started this qualifcation after completing my level 2 earlier
this month. I really put some time aside previous to starting the course with my
manager and assessor to pick units that I generally do in my everytime job role. This made it a lot easier to find evidence as I was building the evidence everyday without thinking about it. I finished level 2 within 9 months but since starting level 3 and I have noticed it is much more advanced and I am searching in forums and the internet to find out exactly what these models and systems are before I can
analyse/evaluate them. I have been given 12 months to complete mine and I
can't see there being any issue with that.

Hope I've helped a little. Good luck with your NVQ :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by Exams2210
tbh balacing it all is not that hard. personally i think i made the wrong choice doing business administration its a bs qualification - should of done something else like IT Users which is business administation combined with software stuff which i think is so much more worthwhile as you learn a lot of skills.

in general, business admin is a bs qualification, sorry about my bad language

Hi there, just wondering why you would call business admin a bs qualification? Any
type of experience or extra knowledge/training above other candidates when
applying for a job cannot be classed a "bs" in my opinion.
Reply 86

After previously doing a NVQ alongside a work role in retail skills, I personally could not cope with the amount of work I was taking home whilst working 39 hours a
week. With my business admin it perfectly fits alongside my job role and if you are
going into an NVQ I would make sure your company allows time aside for you to do some work during your working day else I would say it is stressful.
Reply 87
Original post by slee94
Did anyone get back to you on this? If not I've recently sent off this unit and it has been approved - my answer was it is completely different to what your assessor is saying:
Corporate visual identity is the first way that your organisation communicates. It's your face to the world and is a crucial part of your brand. Rightly or wrongly, people use corporate identity every day to assess the credibility of organisations - as quality design indicates investment and financial stability. A strong, consistent and appropriate corporate identity can also have a dramatic impact on the pride and confidence of employees - in other words what an organisation feels about itself. Corporate visual identity encompasses your logo, logotype and (where appropriate) strapline or slogan. It covers the relative size and position of these items, their colours, as well as the colour palette and images used on your stationery, signage, uniforms, website, marketing collateral, vehicle liveries, etc. It includes the typefaces that appear on stationery and brochures - even the choice of paper. Consistency is key - but that doesn't have to mean bland uniformity. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, corporate identity is an effective way for your organisation to achieve differentiation - by helping it to develop a distinctive brand personality that encapsulates its values and aspirations.

Hope this helps :smile:

This was really useful, thank you :smile:
Im wondering if anyone can help,

im struggling with the 337 assignment. It just makes no sense to me.
Original post by abbietheaa
Hi Megan, I have just started this qualifcation after completing my level 2 earlier
this month. I really put some time aside previous to starting the course with my
manager and assessor to pick units that I generally do in my everytime job role. This made it a lot easier to find evidence as I was building the evidence everyday without thinking about it. I finished level 2 within 9 months but since starting level 3 and I have noticed it is much more advanced and I am searching in forums and the internet to find out exactly what these models and systems are before I can
analyse/evaluate them. I have been given 12 months to complete mine and I
can't see there being any issue with that.

Hope I've helped a little. Good luck with your NVQ :smile:

Hi there :smile:

Thanks for all of this! Glad you think 12 months is doable, that was my aim!

How're you getting on with the modules? I'm already stuck with 688, can't find any info on legal negotiation so I'm stumped already! Stuff going forward looks far easier though!
Reply 90
Original post by Aimslee88
Im wondering if anyone can help,

im struggling with the 337 assignment. It just makes no sense to me.

Hiya, what's the unit title?
Reply 91
Hi there :smile:

Thanks for all of this! Glad you think 12 months is doable, that was my aim!

How're you getting on with the modules? I'm already stuck with 688, can't find any info on legal negotiation so I'm stumped already! Stuff going forward looks far easier though!

What's the unit title?
What's the unit title?

688- Principles of Business Communication and Information, section Understand Negotiation in a Business Environment. I'm struggling as different exam boards seem to have different ways of assessing these things!
Hiya, what's the unit title?

Hiya its called Principles of Leadership and Management.
Reply 94
688- Principles of Business Communication and Information, section Understand Negotiation in a Business Environment. I'm struggling as different exam boards seem to have different ways of assessing these things!

Hiya, I have looked at Unit 3 yet but I received this unit amplication. Do you have this?

AC1.1: Explain the importance of negotiation in a business environment

Importance of negotiation: develop a strategy (forcing, fostering, escape), understand perspective of others; resolve conflict; understand cultural differences; reach agreement and achieve compromise; fair process (‘win/win’); effective business relationships, smooth running of organisation and business efficiency
AC1.2: Explain the features and uses of different approaches to negotiation

Approaches to negotiation: disruptive (competitive approach), integrative (collaborative approach)
Features of disruptive negotiation: competitive; ‘win-lose’’; parties’ interests are opposing; adoption of extreme positions; inflexible negotiating position; use of manipulation; use of bluff; concealing information; use of brinkmanship; negative approach
Uses of disruptive negotiation: gaining competitive advantage; maximising own interests; fixed resources to be divided; disruption of competitors
Features of integrative negotiation: collaborative; ‘win-win’ approach, creating value; interests are aligned; compromise sought; flexible; cooperative; information shared; mutual problem solving; honesty
Uses of integrative negotiation: maximising joint outcomes; all parties ‘happy’ with outcomes; building relationships and trust; sufficient resources to be divided; positive approach

AC1.3: Identify the components of negotiation tactics

Components of negotiation tactics

Preparation: timescales; resources; collecting facts and data; common ground; organisation policies and procedures; legal and ethical requirements; other considerations (setting scope, establishing priorities and objectives and those of the other party, strategy, establishing barriers and negotiation stances and those of the other party, evaluating starting point, concessions and implications, use of third party, record keeping)
Negotiation styles: competing; collaborating; avoiding; accommodating; compromising
Negotiation behaviours: tact and diplomacy; awareness of body language; effective listening and questioning skills; assertiveness; other considerations (influence and persuasion, mediation, patience)
Exchanging information: focus; goals; proposals
Bargaining: problem solving; leverage; use of concessions; achieving mutual agreement

Hiya, I have looked at Unit 3 yet but I received this unit amplication. Do you have this?

AC1.1: Explain the importance of negotiation in a business environment

AC1.2: Explain the features and uses of different approaches to negotiation

AC1.3: Identify the components of negotiation tactics

No I haven't seen this, this is so so helpful thank you!

If you don't mind me asking where did this break down come from? I literally have what is on my online portfolio and what the OU provides (which is VERY little)

Thank you!!!
Reply 96
No I haven't seen this, this is so so helpful thank you!

If you don't mind me asking where did this break down come from? I literally have what is on my online portfolio and what the OU provides (which is VERY little)

Thank you!!!

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/NVQ-and-competence-based-qualifications/Business-and-Administration/2014/specification/9781446930298_BTEC_Splt_L3_BA_Issue_3.pdf
Reply 99
You are the best person in the world right now thank you SO much, so helpful!!!

Glad I could help!! Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending