The Student Room Group
Reply 1
james17
Can someone plaease tell me if there is a A2 general studies or key skills exam today as my friend just rang me saying we have one at 9:15, im missing it if there is one.

I did A2 AQA General Studies Module 6 (the one with the pre-release material?) at 9.15 this morning. Is probably a little late to be telling you this now though sorry :frown:
Reply 2
dont worry, it was a key skills exam for people who dont take english. I dont take english but ah well, it doesnt count for anything.
Reply 3
I was well annoyed about that damn General Studies exam - the stupid Head of 6th form told us it was a Maths one and it wasn't, so I bought my calculator in for nothing! I couldn't be bothered with the first question - I wrote a paragraph on the actual question, followed by a couple of limericks :wink: Then I got bored so I did the second question properly.
Reply 4
I did the stupid Key Skills Level 3 Communication exam today. I don't do English but I can communicate well enough.
I missed an hour of Chemistry to do this exam which will not help my getting into my uni of choice, will not help me in my A-levels, and will not make me a better person in general. Even so the college forced us to do this so that they could make more money.

Oh well, they are giving us a free education so I suppose we have to do some things they ask.
Reply 5
Resonance
I did the stupid Key Skills Level 3 Communication exam today. I don't do English but I can communicate well enough.
I missed an hour of Chemistry to do this exam which will not help my getting into my uni of choice, will not help me in my A-levels, and will not make me a better person in general. Even so the college forced us to do this so that they could make more money.

Oh well, they are giving us a free education so I suppose we have to do some things they ask.

What was even more annoying is that my school did not tell me that I have passed key skills last year until after I had sent my UCAS form in. As i didn't get any result for it on results day I just presumend that my portfolio must have failed (as I had already passed the practical exam thingy). Probably wouldn't have made a difference but extremely annoying all the same!!!!!

Latest