The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Maths 'Admissions Day'

I've been invited to this Admissions Day at Bristol for Computer Science I think (the letter doesn't say, but the booklet is about computing :rolleyes: ). it's just that I have no idea what it's like - if it is simply a tour of the campus with some talks in between, or if the Tutors will actually sit down and discuss academic stuff.

Anyone who's been to one (they happen every Wednesday, and I think they've started already), could you tell me what it was like?

Thanks!
Reply 1
me too. i have recd the same letter..and i chose to study maths and cs. so pl tell what brpqzme needs to know
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
dito
Reply 3
I'm going to a biochemistry one tommorow. I'm not sure if they'll be the same, but I'll tell you what happens.
Reply 4
Cheers mate
Reply 5
Hi, sorry I've taken a while to reply, I've been really busy for the last couple of days.

First of all we had an hour long talk about the course, and about Bristol uni. Then we had lunch in one of the student canteen places. After this we went on a coach tour around Bristol, and were shown around one of the halls of residence. We were taken back to the medical sciences building and split into groups of two or three for a discussion with a member of staff (We were basically just asked about our a-levels and stuff, and offered the chance to ask questions). After this we were given a tour of the biochemistry labs, and then asked to fill in a questionnaire about the day.
Reply 6
did some students guide the bus tour? can you remember their names?
Reply 7
butterflew
did some students guide the bus tour? can you remember their names?

Yeah they did, but I can't remember their names sorry. There were two girls and one guy, they were all 3rd year biochem students.
Reply 8
Out of curiosity, when they asked you questions, did they ask qs knowing who you were, or did they just ask generic questions?

And how'd you like it? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending