The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by officeface
Just got an offer from Oxford at Lincoln College :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well done!. I was going to apply here then decided to apply to Cambridge... NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JANUARY. Anywam congrats :smile:
Just got an offer from Oxford at Lincoln College :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Was that by email or letter or what? :tongue: And congratulations!!!
Original post by loopy786
Was that by email or letter or what? :tongue: And congratulations!!!

Thanks to everyone! :smile: And I got it through the post this morning!

Well done!

Hello guys, is it true you get a cash reward if you get really high in your STEP paper? Thanks
-Didn't make the cut for Oxford :cry2:
-Warwick offer
-Nottingham offer
-Waiting on Durham / Imperial

Ideal choices: Warwick w/ Durham as backup now that Oxford have turned me down :frown:

Awesome; congratulations, once again. :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 3986
Durham vs. Bath?
Original post by Thrug
Durham vs. Bath?

Personally I'd choose Durham :smile: Gorgeous place with plenty to do, everyone there seemed really happy and the course looked good too. Bath just didn't have the same fantastic feel IMO.
Original post by Thrug
Durham vs. Bath?

For me, it would have to be bath :love:
AAB offer from nottingham. The typical offer is A*AB-AAA so my personal statement was probably god-like. :biggrin: if that's the case, I might secure an AAB offer from Bristol! (which usually gives out straight AAA offers)

EDIT: in which case I'll insure Bristol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Thrug
Durham vs. Bath?

Durham if I get the offer but Bath will probably be my insurance. They are both so nice!
Offer from Bath -- AA :woo:
Original post by Ilyas
AAB offer from nottingham. The typical offer is A*AB-AAA so my personal statement was probably god-like. :biggrin: if that's the case, I might secure an AAB offer from Bristol! (which usually gives out straight AAA offers)

EDIT: in which case I'll insure Bristol.

Nottingham give out AAB offers quite often actually, congratulations! :smile: I'm hoping for an AAB offer too. :biggrin:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Nottingham give out AAB offers quite often actually, congratulations! :smile: I'm hoping for an AAB offer too. :biggrin:

damn, I thought I my ps was somehow special since the AAB.

thanks and good luck. :smile:
Original post by Ilyas
damn, I thought I my ps was somehow special since the AAB.

thanks and good luck. :smile:

Haha, what were your predictions? I know they usually give them to students who they think make Nottingham first choice, so basically aren't predicted they typical offer. :smile:
Original post by BeccaCath94
I got a letter from sheffield saying I won't get an offer until I attend another open day/or say i'm not going....
The open day is in march. I've said i'm going now so do you think I won't get an offer until then? :eek:

Does it matter? They've basically said you have an offer :tongue:
Original post by Thrug
Durham vs. Bath?

i'm 90% sure i'm taking my AA offer from bath, even if I do get an offer from durham.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Haha, what were your predictions? I know they usually give them to students who they think make Nottingham first choice, so basically aren't predicted they typical offer. :smile:

predicted A*AA
achieved @AS: AABD

the B was in chem, and I had a D in the first paper which destroyed my overall average, hence I'm predicted an A in it. I dropped the D (physcis).
Reply 3998
Original post by Ilyas

the B was in chem, and I had a D in the first paper which destroyed my overall average, hence I'm predicted an A in it.

Never understood things like that. Makes no sense to me.
Original post by Thrug
Never understood things like that. Makes no sense to me.

I'm retaking the paper. I don't know why I got a D in the first paper as it is meant to be the easiest chem exam. But my other two modules were high A's, hence the A prediction.

imo that's reasonable. Retaking that exam won't hinder my A2 performance, think of it as the C1 equivalent of chem.

Latest