The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
No suggestions for an anime where the OP contains 'dancing super robots'? Only it wasn't Kemeko DX in the end. If Aiko and Cara can't think of anything, and I don't remember it, I may have to assume Corone's going senile. He's at least two years older than me, after all. :p:

This?

Original post by The Cornerstone
This?

Thanks for the reply! :smile:

Well I've never seen that before, so if that's the series my friend's thinking of, it can't have been me who showed him the OP. :p: It fits the description though, so I'll send him the link.
Reply 3182
I went crazy buying Skip beat yesterday :mmm:

A few years ago I collected it after enjoying the anime, but then about three volumes were sold out everywhere for months on end. Yesterday I randomly tried searching for it (I gave up about two years ago) and everything was back in stock, so I bought about 12 volumes to get up to date :awesome:
Original post by Truered
I went crazy buying Skip beat yesterday :mmm:

A few years ago I collected it after enjoying the anime, but then about three volumes were sold out everywhere for months on end. Yesterday I randomly tried searching for it (I gave up about two years ago) and everything was back in stock, so I bought about 12 volumes to get up to date :awesome:

I was looking into buying that series, seeing as it's now getting three-in-one omnibus releases. :beard: I should probably focus on getting vols 7 - 12 of Rave Master first, though. :p:
Reply 3184
I was looking into buying that series, seeing as it's now getting three-in-one omnibus releases. :beard: I should probably focus on getting vols 7 - 12 of Rave Master first, though. :p:

I can still remember Cara being Kyoko for much of 2009 :awesome:

Ooo I only need to get the last three Negima volumes now when they get released. I haven't read it in years, I got up to the bit with

Spoiler

and then I stopped...for years :colondollar:
I heard about another legal streaming site via ANN, Viki. More of a focus on Korean dramas than anything, but they have anime too. What makes them different from the rest (aside from the fact they're streaming series as obscure as Don Dracula), is that they're basically legal fansubs - they get licenses for the videos, but the translations are provided by fans.
gotta love ayumu's epic dance moves :toofunny:
Reply 3187
Decided to re-watch the first season of Saki and I've oddly come to appreciate it more than when it aired. The characters are just a lot better than the current lineup we have with this spinoff. They're just a lot more interesting and varied. While I don't mind the characters we have now, they all fall victim of being 'moeblobs' and not much else, a la K-ON.
Reply 3188
Thanks for the reply! :smile:

Well I've never seen that before, so if that's the series my friend's thinking of, it can't have been me who showed him the OP. :p: It fits the description though, so I'll send him the link.

I also thought of this, but couldn't remember the name offhand. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
Decided to re-watch the first season of Saki and I've oddly come to appreciate it more than when it aired. The characters are just a lot better than the current lineup we have with this spinoff. They're just a lot more interesting and varied. While I don't mind the characters we have now, they all fall victim of being 'moeblobs' and not much else, a la K-ON.

I remember there being more focus on mahjong (or the girls' mahjong-related super powers, at least :p:) in the first series, too... I didn't like the way Achiga-hen built up Bansei as strong rivals, introducing their players and everything, only to then skip the regionals. Hopefully things will change now they're at the nationals. :sadnod:
Reply 3190
I remember there being more focus on mahjong (or the girls' mahjong-related super powers, at least :p:) in the first series, too... I didn't like the way Achiga-hen built up Bansei as strong rivals, introducing their players and everything, only to then skip the regionals. Hopefully things will change now they're at the nationals. :sadnod:

Yeah, agreed. There definitely is a larger emphasis on the game itself in the first season, which is partly why I probably like it more as we had that shounen element, particularly with their ability to detect how powerful a player was by merely standing next to them. :tongue: I didn't mind them skimming over the regionals that much as I welcomed the small glimpse of the original cast, which I'm hoping they'll cover more of, even though I accept that the focus will obviously be on the girls from Achiga. I guess my biggest gripe with the current lineup is the lack of distinction between all of them. With the Kiyosumi group, all of them had their own distinct character from the highly amusing and cheeky Yuuki to the well reasoned and mature Hisa that was likeable and very much two dimensional in its portrayal. It's quite similar, in a way, to the differences between the characters in the first and second season of Last Exile. :smile:
Sakamichi no Apollon is destroying me. Everytime I watch the new episode I just want to watch more!! This show is so perfect it's just what I needed after Chihayafuru!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a series like this? You know with a well paced feel to it, a high production value and interesting characters?
Original post by The_Pudding_Earl
Sakamichi no Apollon is destroying me. Everytime I watch the new episode I just want to watch more!! This show is so perfect it's just what I needed after Chihayafuru!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a series like this? You know with a well paced feel to it, a high production value and interesting characters?

Obvious suggestion is Tsuritama, but as that's still airing I don't suppose it'll help to kill the wait between episodes much. :p: As for complete series, I'm thinking Hanasaku Iroha. :yes:
Obvious suggestion is Tsuritama, but as that's still airing I don't suppose it'll help to kill the wait between episodes much. :p: As for complete series, I'm thinking Hanasaku Iroha. :yes:

Tsuritama looks really interesting but as you said. The wait will still be there. Although it has Kenji Nakamura attatched to it so that just makes it more appealing.

I'll check out Hanasaku Iroha. Thanks for the suggestions :smile:
finally got round to watching the first ep of space bros, fecking inspiring that :cry: love mutta :laugh:

omg the zidane headbutt :rofl: :awesome:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3195
There's only been 4 eps of apollon so far.. but Im reeally into it :erm: its unfair to the other currently airing series. :sadnod:
Original post by vin
There's only been 4 eps of apollon so far.. but Im reeally into it :erm: its unfair to the other currently airing series. :sadnod:

:ditto: These last couple of times I've REALLY wanted to rank Fate/Zero S2 as my favorite episode of the week... then along comes Apollon later in the week, being all awesome and stuff, and Fate has to make do with second place. :sadnod: :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3197
:ditto: These last couple of times I've REALLY wanted to rank Fate/Zero S2 as my favorite episode of the week... then along comes Apollon later in the week, being all awesome and stuff, and Fate has to make do with second place. :sadnod: :p:

not bad considering the 14 or so ep advantage fate zero has :giggle:
Reply 3198
Original post by Carecup
F/Z 17

Spoiler

Spoiler

As for the preview for the next episode:

Spoiler

Edit: Just watched it.

Looks like I overshot with my estimates of what they'd show this week... with that said, it would have been a lot to fit into one episode. Edited some of the spoilers to reflect this.

But they at least touched on the whole affair about

Spoiler

Also, this week's ED. Kalafina's version of "Let The Stars Fall Down". Absolutely fantastic. Easily my favourite instrumental part of the Fate/Zero OST and this just adds to it.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3199
Original post by Tabris

Spoiler

As for the preview for the next episode:

Spoiler

Edit: Just watched it.

Looks like I overshot with my estimates of what they'd show this week... with that said, it would have been a lot to fit into one episode. Edited some of the spoilers to reflect this.

But they at least touched on the whole affair about

Spoiler

Also, this week's ED. Kalafina's version of "Let The Stars Fall Down". Absolutely fantastic. Easily my favourite instrumental part of the Fate/Zero OST and this just adds to it.

Spoiler

Latest