The Student Room Group

A tentacle like thing in my vagina??

Hii! I started masturbating two years ago. At first it was just on my clit and then after a few months I wanted to try fingering inside. However, there is a tentacle thing in my vagina that makes it difficult. The tentacle thing has a small hole in it (just like how the cervix is described). I'm fourteen and don't want to ask any family members about it. I've looked online and can't find anything about it. To add some more detail (sorry if it's TMI), when I go to the toilet and sit down it is very close to hanging out the hole. I do not think anything is wrong with me as there is no pain when I touch it or anything. Just wondering if this is normal? Will it go when I'm an adult? Thanks for reading!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
See a doctor.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
See a doctor.
I’ve had it since I was a child though (I think obviously I didn’t have any desire to masterbate then) so surely it’s normal?? I can’t see a doctor. Btw by “child” I mean since I was younger.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Could it be your hymen?
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
Could it be your hymen?
hmmm, I don’t think so as it comes from inside and It’s literally like a tentacle with a hole in the middle, I know it sounds stupid but that’s the only way to describe it💀💀. EDIT: by the way there is no lumps or bumps on it like a tentacle, nor is it curved, it’s straight.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Phoebeee1090
hmmm, I don’t think so as it comes from inside and It’s literally like a tentacle with a hole in the middle, I know it sounds stupid but that’s the only way to describe it💀💀. EDIT: by the way there is no lumps or bumps on it like a tentacle, nor is it curved, it’s straight.

A piece of skin similar in construction to a hymen?
Hii! I started masturbating two years ago. At first it was just on my clit and then after a few months I wanted to try fingering inside. However, there is a tentacle thing in my vagina that makes it difficult. The tentacle thing has a small hole in it (just like how the cervix is described). I'm fourteen and don't want to ask any family members about it. I've looked online and can't find anything about it. To add some more detail (sorry if it's TMI), when I go to the toilet and sit down it is very close to hanging out the hole. I do not think anything is wrong with me as there is no pain when I touch it or anything. Just wondering if this is normal? Will it go when I'm an adult? Thanks for reading!!

You mention it is “like how the cervix is described” might it be your cervix?

if you have any concerns I would ask the doctor.
I guess the best course of action is to book a GP appointment to get a referral to a gynaecologist.
Reply 8

my bet would still be on hymen
Reply 9
Original post by ageshallnot
A piece of skin similar in construction to a hymen?

To be honest, it’s quite thick it’s not really like a thin strip of skin or anything. It goes all the way into the vagina and when I sit on the toilet it almost bulges out just not completely. I don’t really know what a hymen looks like actually, I assume it goes around the hole as a super thin layer of skin?? Is it thick wih a small hole in the middle?
Reply 10
Original post by George&Mary44!

It could be my cervix, is it normal for it to be super low? Close to the entrance of my vagina?
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
I guess the best course of action is to book a GP appointment to get a referral to a gynaecologist.

Yeah, I do agree. I am hesitant to go because of my parents but also because I feel like I’ve probably had it since I was a baby. I don’t want to go throguh all of that just to find out it’s completely normal if u get me.
Reply 12
Original post by black tea
my bet would still be on hymen

How far in is the hymen? Is it thick with a small hole in the middle?

Edit: just for a little more information, it comes from inside my vagina, I can tell it’s deep. But when I touch it or try to push it further into my vagina I don’t experience any pain or discomfort. I honestly do not understand it, I can only finger the stomach side of the vagina walls, not the backside of it i guess you could say. Sorry if this makes no sense it’s so hard to explain!!
(edited 7 months ago)
To be honest, it’s quite thick it’s not really like a thin strip of skin or anything. It goes all the way into the vagina and when I sit on the toilet it almost bulges out just not completely. I don’t really know what a hymen looks like actually, I assume it goes around the hole as a super thin layer of skin?? Is it thick wih a small hole in the middle?

How far in is the hymen? Is it thick with a small hole in the middle?

Edit: just for a little more information, it comes from inside my vagina, I can tell it’s deep. But when I touch it or try to push it further into my vagina I don’t experience any pain or discomfort. I honestly do not understand it, I can only finger the stomach side of the vagina walls, not the backside of it i guess you could say. Sorry if this makes no sense it’s so hard to explain!!

Does its position ever move? Assuming you can see it in a mirror does it look like a cervix? On reflection, you probably need to see a doctor.
Original post by George&Mary44!

Something is seriously wrong if your cervix is a “tentacle thing” and it’s hanging out of your puss when you sit down on the bog.
Reply 15
Original post by Kiwi789
That is absolutely not the hymen (which is an external piece of "skin"). It sounds like you may have a partially prolapsed cervix. I really would see a doctor, just to get the reassurance (if you want to avoid including your parents, would it be possible to arrange a phone appointment with your GP?). These things can get worse, so it's important to get it under control. This would not necessarily mean surgery, the most common sort of treatment for this kind of thing pelvic floor exercises if it's not too serious.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking it could be a prolapse. The good thing is, as I have stated in previous replies to people, I don't experience any pain or discomfort. I have had this for over two years at least and it has not gotten worse. I actually feel like compared to two years ago it has gotten a little better. I sadly can't ring a GP or go to a sexual health clinic. However, if it gets worse, I will tell my mum. I think I am going to start doing pelvic floor exercises for a few weeks and see if it does anything. Hopefully it will!!
Reply 16
Original post by ageshallnot
Does its position ever move? Assuming you can see it in a mirror does it look like a cervix? On reflection, you probably need to see a doctor.

Hmm, it only really moves when I sit on the toilet. It goes LOWER. It does not hang out. When I am lying down it does not bulge out either. I'd say it's about an inch into the vagina? Also, I really don't know if it's my cervix. I've looked up pictures of a cervix and it seems to be wider and the hole seems to be a little bigger. This thing I'm describing is not as wide as my vagina and I can move my fingers around it. Sorry if this doesn't make sense!
Also, I’ve actually not looked at it in the mirror will do at some point.
Reply 17
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Something is seriously wrong if your cervix is a “tentacle thing” and it’s hanging out of your puss when you sit down on the bog.

Well, I don’t actually know if it is my cervix or not. I don’t know how wide the cervix is but the thing I’m experiencing is not actually as wide as my vagina I can move my fingers around it.
Well, I don’t actually know if it is my cervix or not. I don’t know how wide the cervix is but the thing I’m experiencing is not actually as wide as my vagina I can move my fingers around it.

Well exactly, I was pointing out that it’s highly unlikely to be your cervix because a cervix isn’t a stringy tentacle thing and it’s far inside the vagina, not almost hanging out. You really should tell a family member about it, just because it doesn’t hurt or cause you discomfort doesn’t mean that is isn’t potentially something serious. And if it is then the longer you leave it the worse it could get to treat so just tell someone.
Yeah, I’ve been thinking it could be a prolapse. The good thing is, as I have stated in previous replies to people, I don't experience any pain or discomfort. I have had this for over two years at least and it has not gotten worse. I actually feel like compared to two years ago it has gotten a little better. I sadly can't ring a GP or go to a sexual health clinic. However, if it gets worse, I will tell my mum. I think I am going to start doing pelvic floor exercises for a few weeks and see if it does anything. Hopefully it will!!

You would be well advised to get medical advice before you start self treating. What if the pelvic exercises made the problem worse?

You really should consult someone. If you aren't allowed to go to the doctor's on your own then talk to your mum.

Quick Reply

Latest