The Student Room Group

Do you guys have any cool pets?

As a University we have a few dogs! https://blogs.canterbury.ac.uk/psychology/justice-dogs/

Tell us about your pets! :animal: :run:
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

I used to have f r o g s!
Original post by FrogTesseract
I used to have f r o g s!

We all love a frog! Any cool froggy names?
Reply 3
A parrot and two dogs (one of which is an unusual breed).
Tortoises :woo:
Original post by parmezanne
Tortoises :woo:

Ohhh nice! How is there not a tortoise emoji!!! What was it's name? They can run so fast when they want to as well!
Original post by gjd800
A parrot and two dogs (one of which is an unusual breed).

What sort of dog was it? We are a huge dog family!

Also had two parrots, Ronnie & Reggie! :parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot:
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Ohhh nice! How is there not a tortoise emoji!!! What was it's name? They can run so fast when they want to as well!

I have two, Rosie and Basil. Indeed they can! :smile:
Reply 8
What sort of dog was it? We are a huge dog family!

Also had two parrots, Ronnie & Reggie! :parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot:

She is a Romanian Mioritic
Reply 9
I think my dog is pretty cool. He managed to walk/crawl under a shade of tree after being hit by a vehicle ( apparently he snuck out at dawn to meet a girl friend) and waited for us to fetch him in the morning. He had broken legs but hes still the dog I loved. Nothing changed!
Original post by gjd800
She is a Romanian Mioritic

Sounds adorable! Dogs really are mans best friend! :gfight:
Original post by rodiane17
I think my dog is pretty cool. He managed to walk/crawl under a shade of tree after being hit by a vehicle ( apparently he snuck out at dawn to meet a girl friend) and waited for us to fetch him in the morning. He had broken legs but hes still the dog I loved. Nothing changed!

Aw bless! That almost sounds like the plot to a Disney movie! haha :bear:

:turtle:

It's under turtle. Just in case you wanted to use it :smile:
As a University we have a few dogs! https://blogs.canterbury.ac.uk/psychology/justice-dogs/

Tell us about your pets! :animal: :run:

I love animals! I have a dog called Max. For anyone who has misses their pets whilst at uni my top tips are:
- Face time them/get your family to send regular photos
- Put up framed photos of your pet
- Buy them a toy or treats so that you have something to look forward to giving them when you next see them
- Join websites like borrowmydoggy where you can take peoples dogs for walks
- Join an animal/volunteering society

Another thing that I find that helps is to spend time in nature and with other animals. Canterbury has lots of wildlife such as bunnies, birds, foxes etc. There are also opportunities to spend time with animals at Kent. On campus there are often dogs brought in to help students with stress. I recently also participated in puppy yoga, which was an event run by the union. This was a fun way to destress from exams and meet lots of cute puppies!

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep :smile:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
:turtle:

It's under turtle. Just in case you wanted to use it :smile:

Oops!! You are turtely awesome! :turtle:
Reply 15
Aw bless! That almost sounds like the plot to a Disney movie! haha :bear:

Hey, Im not kidding! It happened!
I had an injured hedgehog for a while and my parents and me let it free when the winter was over and the spring began.
Original post by rodiane17
Hey, Im not kidding! It happened!

Oh no doubt! Dogs are amazing, I'd be lost without mine now and would be so worried if it was out all night as well. It's amazing they kept themself safe too all night waiting for you, they really are amazing!!!!

- Luke
Original post by Kallisto
I had an injured hedgehog for a while and my parents and me let it free when the winter was over and the spring began.

I'd give unlimited rep if I could for you helping it!!! They are such cute little animals, some are even ticklish as well!
Reply 19
Oh no doubt! Dogs are amazing, I'd be lost without mine now and would be so worried if it was out all night as well. It's amazing they kept themself safe too all night waiting for you, they really are amazing!!!!

- Luke

Thanks Luke! Our pets are like family. Glad you have one yourself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest