The Student Room Group
Original post by Kalail
I just finished watching the daily lives of highschool boys, which I found a bit boring.

Don't forget to share your thoughts on the series in the Secret Santa thread, if you have time. Not everyone who signed up there posts in the Anime Soc thread, and you never know who your giver is. :smile:

That was pretty much my reaction to the series, though. :five: Wasn't really my kind of humour. :p:
Original post by economist2
You could watch kuroko no basket quite a few times before getting tired of it tbh.One of my favourites of all time(sports fan).

I'm not a sports fan what so ever but i am hooked, on the final episode now
Original post by Hibzish
I'm not a sports fan what so ever but i am hooked, on the final episode now

yeah,being a sports fan adds little to the appeal,i suppose.Its just a really good anime,especially with the soundtracks and character developments.Watch a repeat of kagami in the zone for the 1st time,never gets old haha(at least for me).
Original post by BookBird
I liked Mirai Nikki because of Yuno, she's the only reason I kept watching it, lol.

I think that's why everyone kept watching lol.

Mirai Nikki was a decent series, although it did get a tad convoluted later.
End of the autumn season nearly. Can't say I'm going to look back on this one too favourably tbh. Dropped everything bar One-Punch Man and Sereph part 2.

OPM is pretty decent but I'm still very confused by the levels of hype its getting. The story is original and fun but has also felt repetitive and predictable. The animation can be really good, and is generally no less than you'd expect from Madhouse, but there have been a few occasions we've had panning still shots mid-fight. The audio is fine, at the level you'd expect but nothing special either. It's also going to end on an incomplete note, so the introduction to characters like Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask and some of the S ranks has felt pointless. That's not animators' fault but that's what happens when you're working with incomplete source material. I dunno, everything is above average but it's not pushing any boundaries for me. I'd give it about 7/10 right now.

Surprised to find myself enjoying Seraph of the End as I thought the first part was horrible, but everything has improved this cour. Better story, better animation, better character development - though that hasn't stopped Yuu from being just as unlikable. I think it's more that we've finally got what we've been waiting for since the end of episode 1, and it feels like the plot is actually advancing, rather than watching forced school scenes and stories about killing fodder vampires. Looking forward to the final few episodes, think it's gonna end strongly.
Anyone got a lightnovel, webnovel to recommend, preferably one that is updated/translated frequently? Either korean, chinese, japanese or any other provided its good.

Here is an example of a few online novels I am currently reading

high school dxd
madan no ou to vanadis
Battle through the heavens
I shall seal the heavens
martial god asura
desolate era
against the gods
tales of demons and gods
the great ruler
shen yin wang zou
doulou dalu
zhang long

Finished watching Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) today. 10/10. Anyone else watched it? Hard to believe it was also created by Hiromu Arakawa (also creator of FMA), since the feel is so different. Very nice. No other way to describe it; it's just nice to watch and quite funny in some parts ^^
Is there 10001 post?

Posted from TSR Mobile
10,000 posts! It took almost five years to get there, but activity hasn't been bad recently, so keep up the good posts! :biggrin:

Here's the new Anime Society thread - feel free to keep using the current one until its imminent closure, but I'll be replying to any questions in the new thread so that people know it's there.
Sad to see this thread go..
Top 10 posters:

AngryJellyfish - 1,835 :proud:
Aiko - 768
vin - 672
eugenius 8 - 489
Scienceisgood - 341
Truered - 302
nixonsjellybeans - 242
caraniel - 225
Red Fox - 195
Keoje - 173