The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aiko
Ok, I've just finished watching the first episode of Rou Kyu Bu! and while I can see this becoming another guilty pleasure of mine that I'll no doubt marathon at some point, it's unlikely that I'll be following this weekly.

However, unlike the former, Blood-C has really set the benchmark for the rest of the season. I'm hesitate to say this so early on, but this definitely has the potential to be the best of the lineup for me. With Production I.G and Clamp onboard, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. :tongue:

is it better than Blood+ ? or is it hard to tell so early?
Reply 1381
Original post by AngryJellyfish
As for Ro-Kyu-Bu!, I have it downloaded and will probably watch it later, but not before I finish Denpa Onna and blog Kaiji.

The character design alone should appease to your preference. :tongue:

Original post by TobeTheHero
is it better than Blood+ ? or is it hard to tell so early?

Too early at this point. Blood+ was pretty good, so if even if it's comparable, I'd be a very happy bunny. :yes:
Reply 1382
Ive just randomly realised Jiraiya and Yazan Gable are voiced by the same person :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEJfHaVVRFk&feature=related
Reply 1383
My (in)ability to keep up with what's currently airing can be gauged by the fact that I just finished watching Super Robot Wars Original Generation: The Inspector, which ended at the beginning of April.

It was full of super robots, warring. My only complaint is that it wasn't about Hans Blix examining oversized swords and measuring the temperature of hot blood. I heartily enjoyed it and I don't recommend it.
Blood C First Impressions

Spoiler

Reply 1385
The hour long special of Kami-sama no Memo-chou, in spite of its intrigue and attractive animation, has failed to convince me that I should follow it weekly. I'll give it another episode, though. There's definitely a lot of potential to be had here, and the whole 'NEET' thing is rather amusing and interesting in its own way. I guess it lacked that extra drama to reel me in completely. As mentioned, the animation was nice and very in keeping with what you'd expect from J.C Staff...

I'm going out for much of the day, so I'm not sure whether I'll have the chance to watch Sacred Seven today or not. I was also hoping to finish off Denpa, Deadman Wonderland and Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi as well, but this'll probably happen later this upcoming week.
Reply 1386
Tiger wears regular clothes for appearances and such with his mask, so how does no one recognise him when he's walking about normally without the mask. :erm: ...It's because no one pays attention to him isnt it.:sad:

:sad: aww thats the ep over for the week
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1387
Hidan no Aria had some potential to begin with (granted, nothing too significant), but unfortunately plummeted as the series went on. I guess the episodic nature resulted in minimal plot progression and instead resorted to the usual shenanigans you'd expect from a female lead voiced by Kugimiya. It just became trite and boring. Admittedly, I was struggling to see this through during its end, but conjured up the inclination for completion sake.

Edit:

I'll admit that I have a soft spot for visual novel adaptations that simply depict a straightforward romance (even with the stable harem aspect), and Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi was just that. There's nothing particularly unique or exceptional about the series nor did it strive to possess such attributes. I suppose I find the whole formula endearing and relaxing to watch. There wasn't any unnecessary drama to provoke a reaction from the audience either, which I kind of wanted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1388
Mephyland seems rather narcissistic.:lolwut:
Reply 1389
It's difficult to judge Deadman Wonderland. On one hand, you have an original and engaging premise that is, for the most part, executed well. Everything from the voice acting to the animation was satisfactory, in my opinion (even with the censorship, which didn't bother me that much). On the other hand, the pacing felt a tad rushed, largely due to the limited episode run, which consequently meant that many critical aspects of the story were left unanswered. Furthermore, because of the time constraints, the relationships that were established felt perceivably forced, bordering on superficial. Nonetheless, Deadman Wonderland is unlike anything else I've watched from anime. In this regard, I applaud Manglobe and Hatsumi for offering something that strays from the norm. On a final note, I really did like the OP.
Reply 1390
Ah, Yune was absolutely adorable in Ikkoku Meiro no Croisee and her interaction with Claude was really charming. I'm definitely going to be keeping this one on for the time being. :redface:
Original post by Aiko
It's difficult to judge Deadman Wonderland. On one hand, you have an original and engaging premise that is, for the most part, executed well. Everything from the voice acting to the animation was satisfactory, in my opinion (even with the censorship, which didn't bother me that much). On the other hand, the pacing felt a tad rushed, largely due to the limited episode run, which consequently meant that many critical aspects of the story were left unanswered. Furthermore, because of the time constraints, the relationships that were established felt perceivably forced, bordering on superficial. Nonetheless, Deadman Wonderland is unlike anything else I've watched from anime. In this regard, I applaud Manglobe and Hatsumi for offering something that strays from the norm. On a final note, I really did like the OP.

That sums up my thoughts on the show exactly; interesting premise and damned good music, but what were they thinking trying to get a show like that down to 12 episodes? :s:
Reply 1392
Original post by AngryJellyfish

It was an experiment.:hmmmm: They wernt sure if it would be profitable since theres only one loli in it for half a minute.:sadnod:
Reply 1393
Original post by TobeTheHero
I agree:smile: I can't wait for the new arc! What I liked about this arc is the gory fighting scenes it really gave me the buzz:biggrin:

I liked this arc because it was personal to Gintoki. Such a dramatic arc. :biggrin: Plus yes, who can complain about the fighting scenes. :tongue: I wonder when and what the next arc is going to be?

We've finally finished Level E. The Prince is such a troll. XD I thought 12 episodes was pretty short, but it was a good series nonetheless. First 3 episodes were hilarious as hell. But the later episodes were just random shiz.

Spoiler

Reply 1394
Baka to test continues to entertain me :giggle: I feel very sorry for the main character at this point :frown: having sugary water for dinner. :s:
Alexander the great :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by vin
Tiger wears regular clothes for appearances and such with his mask, so how does no one recognise him when he's walking about normally without the mask. :erm: ...It's because no one pays attention to him isnt it.:sad:

:sad: aww thats the ep over for the week

It's just observance of regular Western superhero tropes. :P

I thought this week's episode was completely retarded and boring. The plot went nowhere, Bunny and Tiger were being completely predictable without even being funny, Blue Rose's behaviour was really annoying and generic, and bordered on offensive (seriously, she's barely older than his little girl) and the villain was the THIRD campy stereotyped man in the show. NOT COOL SUNRISE, NOT COOL.

That SUCKED.

- Pips
I've still not made a start on the new anime season; couldn't be bothered with all these pre-airs, can't motivate myself to start Ro-Kyu-Bu!, and the moment I downloaded Ikoku Meiro no Croisee a v2 got released. :rolleyes: Now that I've got a nice collection of first episodes (Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Croisee (v2), Blade and Sacred Seven) I'll probably watch them all in one go tonight. :yes:

I have been continuing with last season's remaining shows though; ep 14 of Nichijou was probably the funniest thing I've seen in ages, and Toriko is great too. Haven't watched episode 14 of Tiger and Bunny yet, but am now dreading it slightly...
Reply 1397
All I have to say about Baka to test ep 12

Spoiler

Woke up ridiculously early, to find the last eps of the final couple of series set to finish last season (Qwaser and Maria+Holic) ready and waiting. Which is awesome, as it gives me plenty of time to watch them and put together the end of season blog post I promised while still leaving time for Recettear/new season first episodes/my dissertation/breathing/Recettear. :biggrin:
Reply 1399
Episode 12 of Ao no Exorcist:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Latest