The Student Room Group

Student loans?????

Basically i wanna know where i stand with student loans...i'm starting nursing diploma next month...fees are all paid, and i get a bursary, so i don't need that type of loan, but is there any loans out there for students, just to help us get by...like i know you can get student bank accounts. I want about 5 grand to consolidate my credit cards etc...but really low monthly payments. Do such loans exist for students, and if so where's the best place to look?!?!

Original post by shellkian
Basically i wanna know where i stand with student loans...i'm starting nursing diploma next month...fees are all paid, and i get a bursary, so i don't need that type of loan, but is there any loans out there for students, just to help us get by...like i know you can get student bank accounts. I want about 5 grand to consolidate my credit cards etc...but really low monthly payments. Do such loans exist for students, and if so where's the best place to look?!?!

As you're doing a diploma, you get around £6000 non-means tested. You aren't eligible for any funding through Student Finance, and I doubt you will be able to pay off your present debts with a bursary paid monthly and which is meant to last a year.

I don't know of any loans you could apply for that don't have ridiculously interest rates attached, or for that much.
Reply 2
Ah ok, thanks!! It's no big deal really...just thought if i could get a good deal as a student it would be good, but it's not a major issue!! Thanks for the info :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending