The Student Room Group

Biomed applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

OMG THANKYOU <3 i feel so much happier now! thank you for showing that to me! :smile: :smile:
Original post by Bubbles94
with a biomed degree from KCL, how competitive would post-grade medicine be? would a KCL degree give you a better position compared to other postgrad applicants because KCL is such a good uni?

Don't pick a uni based on that, still its going to be competitive no matter what, take stats light hearted as the are trying to sell the uni to you, and its a good way to sell it

You still have to work to get those grades and to jump though the hoops of med school

really it doesn't put you in a better position

Thats not to put a downer on it, if you really want to go kings great, its just picking a uni on the number of people who got into med school after is risky as you may hate the uni
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't know whether to put Newcastle or Queen Mary University of London a firm. I am hoping to do graduate entry medicine, and I know that QMUL has a really good reputation for that, with about 50% of biomed graduates every year going on to study medicine. But at the same time, i know Newcastle is a really good university and reputation etc. Any ideas, thanks :smile:
Original post by WhatTheFunk
Don't pick a uni based on that, still its going to be competitive no matter what, take stats light hearted as the are trying to sell the uni to you, and its a good way to sell it

You still have to work to get those grades and to jump though the hoops of med school

really it doesn't put you in a better position

Thats not to put a downer on it, if you really want to go kings great, its just picking a uni on the number of people who got into med school after is risky as you may hate the uni

oh no no I'm in love with the uni! I have an offer and everything I was just wonderig about that one thing haha I know you have to work to get the grades :P (:
Original post by Bubbles94
oh no no I'm in love with the uni! I have an offer and everything I was just wonderig about that one thing haha I know you have to work to get the grades :P (:

Its not only that, they could have only 5 people with 1st who applied and 4 got in
Just too many people pick uni selling tools like so many people got into med school and than they end up hating the uni
Reply 425
Original post by mart356
cheers for the update :smile: so trent have given you an offer? congrats! you may aswell accept it if its your first choice, never know whats going to happen :smile: do they accept general studies? worth checking out. havnt heard from trent or hallam yet, but got an offer from lincoln which is my first choice! :biggrin: delighted with that, and hertfordshire gave me an offer today, although thats 5th choice so probably wont end up there, keep me updated :smile:

hey just to let you know I've finally heard back from sheffield hallam they gave me an offer of 260 :smile: just deciding between hallam & DMU i think
St Georges - Biomed course 2012 , Firm! :smile:
Reply 427
Hi guys :biggrin:

I've got into Surrey for Medical Engineering.
Just wanted to know that if it is any good? 'Cause my search on it says its a pretty good university and the campus and everything is very nice, but I would like to know more about the course and about the university :smile:

Any help would be appreciated. :smile:
Reply 428
Hello everyone!! :smile:

I am a graduate Biology student from Greece, tending to study Biomedicine at a postgraduate level from Seprember.

I have made several applications and the most prominent offers I already have from the Universities are the Biomedicine Research MRes at Imperial College, the Biomedical Sciences (by research) MSc at the University of Edinburgh and the Biomedical and Molecular Science-Research at King's College.

As you can quess, I am very confused!!! I am mostly between Imperial and Edinburgh, as the first one has a great reputation worldwide and ranks among the top universities of the world, when the second one is a prestigious institute, known especially for its medical department and biomedical research conducted there. In addition, one of my concerns is about the quality and costs of living in these two countries..

What is your opinion? Has anyone heard something about these programmes or has attended any of them?

Every response or information-advice is welcome!

Thank you in advance!:smile:
Hi lovely people

I am the official rep for Plymouth Uni Biomedical Sciences Freshers starting this September woop! (2012-2013)
Add me on Facebook - Biomed Freshers (Biomed Freshers Plymouth) or message/email me here for any 'inside info' or general questions and enquiries about your course :smile: ...or pm me and i'll add you :P

Also add me for any news on upcoming events and socials and to meet other people on your course

Hope the exams go well and look forward to seeing you all in September!!!!
Reply 430
im going biomed KINGS!!

who is going with me??
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending