University of Edinburgh

Biomed Edinburgh

Has anyone heard back from biomed yet?
Hi, I just got rejected from them today T^T
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by invusobad
Hi, I just got rejected from them today T^T

if you don’t mind me asking, what did you apply with?
Original post by emilyjordan
if you don’t mind me asking, what did you apply with?
AP Biology 4
SAT 1350
Pending grades: AP Chemistry, AP Psychology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Literature, and AP Biology (I'm retaking it this year)
My stats are pretty weak, so it's not a surprise really. But the reason they gave me was I didn't submit the document they needed on time T^T
i got an offer on friday around 10:20am uk time
Reply 5
Original post by olivagrace06
i got an offer on friday around 10:20am uk time

what grades did you apply with?
Original post by daisily
what grades did you apply with?

sorry for the late reply, I applied with AAACC in Highers (As in Human bio, english and business, Cs in maths and chemistry) and predicted grades of AAB . As in Advanced Higher Biology, English and B in advanced higher chemistry
Hey guys, I havent seen a gc for biomed offer holders in edinburgh so I thought i could create one on instagram. If ur down just reply and i could get it started :smile:
sorry for the late reply, I applied with AAACC in Highers (As in Human bio, english and business, Cs in maths and chemistry) and predicted grades of AAB . As in Advanced Higher Biology, English and B in advanced higher chemistry

i got rejected with A*AB in a levels, i’m devastated and am upset to hear that they don’t read personal statements at all! Annoying that most of the offers will most likely have gone to people applying for medicine with biomed as their 5th choice, as it’s a degree i’m specifically so passionate in.
Original post by Anonymous #1
i got rejected with A*AB in a levels, i’m devastated and am upset to hear that they don’t read personal statements at all! Annoying that most of the offers will most likely have gone to people applying for medicine with biomed as their 5th choice, as it’s a degree i’m specifically so passionate in.

oh thats soo sad to hear. I spoke to the admissions team in october about their application process and they told me that 60% of the offers are made from the personal statement as they use a checklist, so that people that are passionate about the course would be picked over those using as a 5th choice, so im not sure what happen with yours. so sorry tho :frown:
oh thats soo sad to hear. I spoke to the admissions team in october about their application process and they told me that 60% of the offers are made from the personal statement as they use a checklist, so that people that are passionate about the course would be picked over those using as a 5th choice, so im not sure what happen with yours. so sorry tho :frown:

ahh i hope they did read it because it was my dream course as well as university! edinburgh is the nicest city ever! i’m hoping to apply late to edinburgh napier and hopefully transfer straight to second year at edinburgh next year, which is slightly risky, but i hope will happen :smile:

this is very unlikely, but do you have any evidence of the 60/40 thing? as i was wondering if it would be enough for an enquiry into my application
I got an unconditional last week :]
Original post by NameUserer
I got an unconditional last week :]

what grades
Original post by Anonymous #1
I don't think that's true about personal statements...I'm a med applicant and applied to edinburgh for biomed as 5th choice and got rejected with 3A*s lol.
Original post by Anonymous #2
I don't think that's true about personal statements...I'm a med applicant and applied to edinburgh for biomed as 5th choice and got rejected with 3A*s lol.

probably because they saw you applied for medicine too maybe? hope you’re other applications go well! :smile:
Original post by daisily
what grades

AAAAA :]
Original post by Anonymous #2

you were probably in the 60% then,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending