The Student Room Group

As ocr psychology- core studies??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Hanz_a93
Oh ok thanks for that m8 :smile:
Have you typed up any notes for reicher & haslam? Im finding it really hard to make notes for that... if yes can you please share them with me..i would really appreciate that ..

Here is the attachment for Maguire and Reicher & Haslam Section B answers
Reply 61
Original post by akindrat18
Here is the attachment for Maguire and Reicher & Haslam Section B answers

Thanks a lot bro :smile:
Reply 62
How many studies fall under the psychodynamic perspective? so far i can only think of fred... what if the question asks us to explain some similarities & differences between studies which studies should we choose and what are the similarities and differences?

Freud and Thigpen and cleckley because you could say that eves dysfunctional behaviour was due to conflict in unconscious and childhood trauma.
sim - both case studys
differences- thigpen quantitative and qualitative data but freud just qualitative
Reply 63
Thanks a lot bro :smile:

Your Welcome

I am halfway through doing the Cognitive and Developmental Approaches, but do you know which 2 studies came up for the part b question for both approaches?
Reply 64
Original post by akindrat18
Your Welcome

I am halfway through doing the Cognitive and Developmental Approaches, but do you know which 2 studies came up for the part b question for both approaches?

bandura for developmental and i think eye witness for cognitive
Reply 65
What are we supposed to know abou every study for the section A questions?
Reply 66
Original post by jessplease
bandura for developmental and i think eye witness for cognitive

Thank you for that and here is a Section C for Cognitive and Developmental Approach with all links to study.
Reply 67
Original post by manic_fuzz

*shoots himself*

Oh dont do that you've still got A2 to do :teehee:

If its any conciliation to you guys im trying to learn the 60 odd studies for the A2 exam coming up, i feel like im going to drop dead before i get to it though :colonhash:.

Good luck guys :awesome: xD
Reply 68
Original post by jessplease
What is an alternative method or improvement for reicher and haslam? this is like the worst study to understand and remember everything for :frown:

Possible changes to method and implications Reicher and Haslam (8):

1. A possible change is to remove the social desirability bias by not telling participants that the footage will be publishes in television.
This might mean that the guards will be harder on the prisoners as they feel more able to punish them and so maintain higher level of control of prisoners since they wouldnt be aware that their actions would be judged on national television.
However this could be unethical as the experimenter would be deceiving the participants which according to the BPS is a break ov ethical guidelines.
Results might be more similar to the SPE (Stanford Prison Experiment) where everyone took on their role more immediate.
2. another possible change would be to conduct the experiment in a real prison with real prison settings using newly trained guards and inmates. Instead of the chance of promotion rewards could be to acces to television, playstation.
This would make the study high in ecological validity as uses real examples of hierarchical structure but also makes results less generalisable to other hierarchical structures due to lack of permeability between groups.

Hope its not too late to look at this XD GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!:smile::biggrin:
Reply 69
does anyone have the link to G542 core studies paper and mark schemethat was done in january 2012 please and thank you
How the flip do they teach you 72 studies in a year??
Im currently taking AS psych were 4 weeks in and on our second study of piliavin (the first was milgrim).
Reply 71
Original post by Kequi
http://www.scribd.com/doc/56637164/10-11-Changes-FINAL

Here's the powerpoint my teacher made with two changes for every study, hope it helps. :smile:

****ing legend
Reply 72
If anyone needs help with section C (key assumptions)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending