The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
monday - risa (its siht, i dont go any more), tuesday - forbidden fruit (****, i dont go any more) ermmmmm, friday - shackleton (its ****) and saturday - guild (can be pretty good).

These are the stuenty places, if ya want a really good night out you'll have to message me when you get here and ill show the best clubs around birmingham.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
sometimes wednesdays is the works. every other thursday is VIT with random people performing. last time it was 911, lisa maffia and sara cox. this week its chesney hawkes, baby D and richard blackwood
Reply 3
day 1, xbox and tap water
day 2, essay writing and sauvignon blanc

although i try to keep this pattern going, sometimes getting the activities and drinks mixed up leads to either a lack of inspiration when writing or mario kart's rainbow road seeming even more bright and colourful than usual.
Reply 4
silence
day 1, xbox and tap water
day 2, essay writing and sauvignon blanc

although i try to keep this pattern going, sometimes getting the activities and drinks mixed up leads to either a lack of inspiration when writing or mario kart's rainbow road seeming even more bright and colourful than usual.

haha, lol. nice wine too, lol. though i aint really much of a wine buff, lol. btw, i like your avatar, so much so that i'm gonna steal it, lol.
Reply 5
Monday is Risa night, but I'm getting more and more bored every time I go.
Tuesday... usually stay in as I have a 9am start the next day - I do occassionally get drunk with my mates in my flat however :P
Wednesday - when I have my knee pads at the ready I brave Snobs
Thursday - Well, I'm off to Michu this thursday, just so I can see my mate in his suit and I have an excuse for a fancy dress! Er... Vodbull is usually on a thursday too.
Friday - nowt. Broad Street is kinda rubbash on a friday - mostly older people getting drunk... no one needs to see 50 year olds getting off on a dance floor...
Saturday - Snobs or Subculture usually

I only tend to go out one or two nights a week, depending on where most of my mates feel like going.
Reply 6
all about digbeth, trust me, wicked clubs there, med bar (D&B of course) and air smack it every time.
Im a law student,I don't have time to go out every night.. or at least I shouldnt go out every night

pretty much goes

Monday= risa (or it used to when i actually went out :frown:)
Tuesday= forbidden fruit - its quite cool
Wednesday= The works - I have never been when its not been on a bar crawl
Thurs= Michu - a bit more classy, quite liked it when i went there last/ or you can brave vodbull..eek
Friday= we always get pissed and go to shack
sat and sunday = stay in and watch a DVD, catch up on sleep or go to the cinema

I usually go out 2/3 nights a week, recently I've been lame and haven't gone out at all
Reply 8
ClosetGinger
Im a law student,I don't have time to go out every night.. or at least I shouldnt go out every night

pretty much goes

Monday= risa (or it used to when i actually went out :frown:)
Tuesday= forbidden fruit - its quite cool
Wednesday= The works - I have never been when its not been on a bar crawl
Thurs= Michu - a bit more classy, quite liked it when i went there last/ or you can brave vodbull..eek
Friday= we always get pissed and go to shack
sat and sunday = stay in and watch a DVD, catch up on sleep or go to the cinema

I usually go out 2/3 nights a week, recently I've been lame and haven't gone out at all

shackleton eh, now why would you want to go there? :p:
Reply 9
digbeth is where its at! i have to say im still exploring b'ham, might check out money pennys for some quality speed garage, my advice is dont stick to the student nights, you might like them, but me personally, i did al the cheese clubs when i was 16/17, by all means do the whole studenty thing in the first few weeks to make friends/pull etc. etc. but after that it gets very tedious, after that....................go DIGBETH!. or snobs if you like all that guitar/screaming malarky (been there, dangerous place, so cheap for booze, lots of grungers moshing though which can be annoying, specially seeing as how one time some guy was head banging and headbutted me! needless to say i wasn't happy, all good though, good vibes).
davesstones
shackleton eh, now why would you want to go there? :p:

Oh shack...*sigh*

We go every week.. dressed up, regardless of whether or not there's a theme

Its within walking distance - and its free..woo go shack
ClosetGinger
Oh shack...*sigh*

We go every week.. dressed up, regardless of whether or not there's a theme

Its within walking distance - and its free..woo go shack

give me a clue what you look like, so i know if i have served you or not :p:

were you there last night? i swear it was over-capacity...
Reply 12
monday :risa i still love it
tuesday :nite in
wednesday: works if vodbull isnt on the thursday
thursday: vodbull if not on night in
friday: bar 1
sat: night chillin
sun: pro evo and fosters!!

this is my general agenda. of course things change tho so im flexoble!!
Reply 13
monday: nothing
Tuesday: nothing
Wednesday: nothing
Thurday: nothing
Friday: rave
saturday: rave

--------------

shackleton is crap, went there on friday for the first time since freshers
Reply 14
Dj Nastie
monday: nothing
Tuesday: nothing
Wednesday: nothing
Thurday: nothing
Friday: rave
saturday: rave

--------------

shackleton is crap, went there on friday for the first time since freshers

Why would you do that, when you're into rave?

I like it myself - if you get there b4 10.30ish, they play quite a lot of commercial dance (and Faithless!)
davesstones
give me a clue what you look like, so i know if i have served you or not :p:

were you there last night? i swear it was over-capacity...

Brunette southerner... not much to say really, usually look quite slutty!Have worn a "I am a Princess" tiara (breast cancer), a nightdress (Halloween), a cowboy outfit (two weeks ago).
Out of curiosity, what sort of music do most of the studenty places at Birmingham play?
ClosetGinger
Brunette southerner... not much to say really, usually look quite slutty!Have worn a "I am a Princess" tiara (breast cancer), a nightdress (Halloween), a cowboy outfit (two weeks ago).

Odds are I will have seen you/served you at some point, but then again we do get quite a lot of brunette southerners in that dress up :p:. Say hi to me next time :smile: the tills say our names, remember :wink:

Elusive Moose
Out of curiosity, what sort of music do most of the studenty places at Birmingham play?

Typically, there will be one room for chart/pop music (think village people, the pretenders, bon jovi, you know typical "anthems" et al), and another for urban/rnb/hip hop etc. Invariably the chart/dance rooms tend to be the biggest...

Then there are places like Snobs that cater for more of the indie/rock tastes. Wouldn't have a clue about trance/dance etc though.
Thanks :smile: That's cool- I'm a cheesy 'anthem' type person anyway (/indie/rock) so sounds good to me :smile:
Thanks :smile: That's cool- I'm a cheesy 'anthem' type person anyway (/indie/rock) so sounds good to me :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending