The Student Room Group

Is it worth moving to London for uni?

So I live in brum but can’t decide between getting a car and choosing a uni in brum or putting my money into a studio room in London whilst going to a uni there. I won’t feel comfortable living with other people hence why I would only pick a studio room but I’m not sure if it’s worth the investment over picking a car and staying in brum. I love London as a city but after seeing studio prices for decent places I’m starting to question if it’s worth me going uni there.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I live in brum but can’t decide between getting a car and choosing a uni in brum or putting my money into a studio room in London whilst going to a uni there. I won’t feel comfortable living with other people hence why I would only pick a studio room but I’m not sure if it’s worth the investment over picking a car and staying in brum. I love London as a city but after seeing studio prices for decent places I’m starting to question if it’s worth me going uni there.

No it's not. Most London unis are not very social with no proper campus ...
Original post by Anonymous

Anon,

Birmingham and London are both big cities so it's likely that you would enjoy a similar experience wherever you study.

A studio flat in London would be expensive, so it might be better to stick with Birmingham but it depends on what you want to study and the other factors that are important to you about uni.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending