The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Is it possible to get direct into year two?

Basically I have an unconditional for Dundee uni. and Aberystwyth. I was wandering if Dundee would maybe take me into year two direct even though I am a grade short. I have B in history and DM in BTEC, BBB equiv. They want ABB.

The 3yr course is making me want to chose Aber, but if Dundee was 3yrs, I would firm without hesitation.
Reply 1
I'll not be back on this dead ass thread, so if anyone is there quote me for I'll not be returning.

Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by bestofyou
I'll not be back on this dead ass thread, so if anyone is there quote me for I'll not be returning.

This is a discussion forum, not an instant messaging service; eighteen minutes is a trifle impatient. Call Dundee and ask - it is the only way to find out.
Reply 3
Original post by Good bloke
This is a discussion forum, not an instant messaging service; eighteen minutes is a trifle impatient. Call Dundee and ask - it is the only way to find out.

After 20minutes unanswered I find threads like this seem to die. Something a little more interesting yes I'd wait longer. Also, I like to use that comment as more of a bump than a '**** this I'm leaving' it just has more of an edge than :bump: I doubt you, the one person who posted here, would have seen this thread had it not been for that comment anyway.

But I can't call till monday, wasn't expecting a answer really, just wanting someone who had done something similar to see if they got in with lower grades.
(edited 13 years ago)
Basically I have an unconditional for Dundee uni. and Aberystwyth. I was wandering if Dundee would maybe take me into year two direct even though I am a grade short. I have B in history and DM in BTEC, BBB equiv. They want ABB.

The 3yr course is making me want to chose Aber, but if Dundee was 3yrs, I would firm without hesitation.

Even though it depends on the course you've applied for, I highly doubt any university would allow you to enter in Year 2 unless you'd completed Year 1 before at another institution.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Even though it depends on the course you've applied for, I highly doubt any university would allow you to enter in Year 2 unless you'd completed Year 1 before at another institution.

We are talking about a university in Scotland, where entry to the second year is not uncommon; they go to university there a year earlier than in England and Wales.
Reply 6
After 20minutes unanswered I find threads like this seem to die.

Erm, not really. Three years experience tells me that you often need to wait hours, even a day or more, for an informed reponse.

You're also more likely to get an informed response if it's in the correct forum so I have moved it to the Dundee subforum.

But as already mentioned, entry to the second year of Scottish universities is not particularly uncommon, depending on your entry qualifications. Contact them and ask.
Reply 7
Well, I got offered direct entry to second year at Dundee on my first UCAS cycle before I left school... then I got it again when I transferred in from St Andrews and had already covered a load of stuff. I would have been happy to discuss it with you further, but seeing as you're being so rude about it I won't be back if there's a quote for me. Best bet is to contact Dundee admissions and ask... or will you just ignore them if they take more than six seconds to answer the phone or a few hours to reply to an e-mail?

Much love :turban:
Reply 8
Original post by ch0llima
Well, I got offered direct entry to second year at Dundee on my first UCAS cycle before I left school... then I got it again when I transferred in from St Andrews and had already covered a load of stuff. I would have been happy to discuss it with you further, but seeing as you're being so rude about it I won't be back if there's a quote for me. Best bet is to contact Dundee admissions and ask... or will you just ignore them if they take more than six seconds to answer the phone or a few hours to reply to an e-mail?

Much love :turban:

So you applied for year one entry and they offered year two? Or did you apply for the year two straight up? I'm guessing you had met the requirments but yeah?

Didn't mean to sound rude. I tend not to take things very seriously, I wrote that with humor rather than anger, and as I said already, was meant as more of a 'bump' than anything else.
as I said already, was meant as more of a 'bump' than anything else.

Which is itself against the rules of posting on TSR.
Reply 10
Original post by Good bloke
Which is itself against the rules of posting on TSR.

what bumping, or the way I bumped?

I didn't know this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending