The Student Room Group

Access to nursing students :) learn direct

Would it possible to complete if I start this week and complete for the Sep 2024 in take :smile:
Original post by accesstonursing
Would it possible to complete if I start this week and complete for the Sep 2024 in take :smile:

For Sep 24 intake you would need to complete your UCAS application by 31 January to receive equal consideration. I don't think it is feasible for you to get predicted grades and a reference by then. You're going to need to be very motivated and focused to condense an Access course into such a short time.
Original post by normaw
For Sep 24 intake you would need to complete your UCAS application by 31 January to receive equal consideration. I don't think it is feasible for you to get predicted grades and a reference by then. You're going to need to be very motivated and focused to condense an Access course into such a short time.

The person said i will need to do 5 units and the first two aren’t that bad apparently before i apply for a reference is it impossible??
Reply 3

How quickly can you do an access course?
How long does it take to complete an Access to HE Diploma? Most Access to HE courses can be completed in one year. However, you can also study part-time over two or more years, or through distance-learning or evening sessions.

This is the same information from a few online places.

A NHS registered midwife
Original post by Tracey_W
How quickly can you do an access course?
How long does it take to complete an Access to HE Diploma? Most Access to HE courses can be completed in one year. However, you can also study part-time over two or more years, or through distance-learning or evening sessions.

This is the same information from a few online places.

A NHS registered midwife

On the learn direct site it says most students take 9-12 months. I think i can do it in 7-8 months as I have lots of hours free or is this too risky? I spoke to the man on the phone and he said it was possible but idk if he was trying to sell it on to me
Reply 5
On the learn direct site it says most students take 9-12 months. I think i can do it in 7-8 months as I have lots of hours free or is this too risky? I spoke to the man on the phone and he said it was possible but idk if he was trying to sell it on to me

Sometimes people will tell you stuff like that but it will be tough for you if you are trying to do it in lesser time.
You want to make sure you pass everything you have to do.

Can you perhaps delay gaining a place for next September and maybe apply for a January intake if the university you want to go to do that as just to give you proper time to do all your work required.
Sometimes people will tell you stuff like that but it will be tough for you if you are trying to do it in lesser time.
You want to make sure you pass everything you have to do.

Can you perhaps delay gaining a place for next September and maybe apply for a January intake if the university you want to go to do that as just to give you proper time to do all your work required.

That’s true it’s a shame
Reply 7
That’s true it’s a shame

Yes it is a shame that they tell people this sort of thing 😤.

At the end of the day it's entirely up to yourself if you want to try and complete it for a possible September 2024 intake if you are successfully in getting a interview and a offer afterwards.
Yes it is a shame that they tell people this sort of thing 😤.

At the end of the day it's entirely up to yourself if you want to try and complete it for a possible September 2024 intake if you are successfully in getting a interview and a offer afterwards.

I think I may try it 🙂 if not I’ll apply to Aru for the january 2025 course in september so i can start next Jan 2025
Reply 9
I think I may try it 🙂 if not I’ll apply to Aru for the january 2025 course in september so i can start next Jan 2025

Hi
You have nothing to lose by trying to apply for it and you'll learn from it as well for when you apply the next time around.
Hope you get a opportunity to do a interview.

Good luck with things 🤞🤞

Hey!

I'm Jess. I am studying child nursing if you have any questions about nursing courses at university.

Jess - DSA at ARU
Reply 11

Even if you are able to complete assignments really fast, it takes a while to get each one marked. Although it may be possible, it would be really stressful and damaging to your mental health so I would advise you to just take as long as you need to get the best grades you can. Slow and steady wins the race!

Also if you want learn direct to give you a reference or predicted grades you have to complete up to unit 9 by the end of December, something i really dont think is possible since it would take way over a month to get all 9 units marked.

i took 5 months to do mine to get into uni this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending