The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Rutland Hall 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jessica7
But shouldn't the desk and shelves for books be in the study area? after all, it's the "study" area! :confused:

I wasn't the architect or interior designer for it. To be honest, if your desks were in the study then your room would feel empty.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Just to let you know, the shared studies are now 2 bedrooms with sinks and the main shared study bit have 2 desks!

And the food is really good now, definitely more than edible.
Reply 22
Original post by Hattie.

Original post by Hattie.
Just to let you know, the shared studies are now 2 bedrooms with sinks and the main shared study bit have 2 desks!

And the food is really good now, definitely more than edible.

wooooooooooooooot! loveeee it! :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by houseelf
Forgive me if this thread's already been created, but I've done a quick search and couldn't find it, so thought I'd make one!

Got my accommodation offer through this morning - shared study in Rutland, which I'm thrilled about. I've had to send a few emails to Accommodation Finance (seeing as how they're asking for more money in the first instalment than I actually get from Student Finance. :rolleyes:), but overall I'm chuffed with the result!

So, anyone else got offers for the best hall on campus? :wink:
What will you be studying? For me it's medicine. Hopefully I can get to know a few of you on here before term starts!

I'm doing medicine, and am at Rutland too, can't wait (If I get the grades :L) :smile:
Reply 24
Does anyone know what the food is like? And meal times etc? Thanks :smile:
Original post by JPAR
Does anyone know what the food is like? And meal times etc? Thanks :smile:

Breakfast was 7.00-9.30
Lunch 12.00-1.30
Dinner 5.30 - 7.00

Breakfast (if you're up) and lunch are decent. Dinner most of the time is horrible!!
Original post by cunningstunt87
Breakfast was 7.00-9.30
Lunch 12.00-1.30
Dinner 5.30 - 7.00

Breakfast (if you're up) and lunch are decent. Dinner most of the time is horrible!!

great :/ looking forward to it already!! ....im guessing that is the food is basically the same on each campus :/
Original post by Perky perks
great :/ looking forward to it already!! ....im guessing that is the food is basically the same on each campus :/

On each campus or in each hall? Either way I have no idea. You can use your card for lunch almost anywhere except mooch, but Breakfast and Dinner is in your own hall.

I forgot to add that the above is Monday to Friday.

Weekends its Brunch 11.30-1.00 and Dinner 5.00-6.00
On each campus or in each hall? Either way I have no idea. You can use your card for lunch almost anywhere except mooch, but Breakfast and Dinner is in your own hall.

I forgot to add that the above is Monday to Friday.

Weekends its Brunch 11.30-1.00 and Dinner 5.00-6.00

campus.... and in bringing my "poshness" with me do they have elevensies, lupper and afternoon tea??.... im not food obsessed btw :/
Original post by Perky perks
campus.... and in bringing my "poshness" with me do they have elevensies, lupper and afternoon tea??.... im not food obsessed btw :/

No idea what food is like on other campuses. You'll have a fridge for storing food/drink if you want your own snacks.
Reply 30
Food's been really good this year. Few dodgy meals but what can you expect i guess..
Reply 31
hii, I've been offered an en-suite at Rutland. So excited now! :biggrin:
Reply 32
What's the deal with TVs at Rutland? Do people tend to have their own?
Original post by DanK

No-one I know brought one, you're suppose to have your own tv license if you do.

Personally, I'd advise you not to take one (or a games console for that matter) but I've had rows about that on here before so it's your choice whether you choose to or not.
Reply 34
Original post by DanK

I've just bought an new Tv/moniter to take. The same as a Tv but I;m going to hook it up to my laptop for typing essays and watching movies, without my eyes hurting so much :smile:. But I wouldn't take a normal tv, there's a common room for watching tv (where you don't have to buy a Tv licence) and that'll also be a lot more sociable. :biggrin:
Reply 35
Do we know if there are sinks in the single study rooms? :biggrin:
Original post by JPAR
Do we know if there are sinks in the single study rooms? :biggrin:

There are sinks in single study rooms
Reply 37
Hi, I'm studying Biochem at Uni. of Notts grades permitting and at the risk of sounding crude, there's only one thing that's been on my mind since getting my accommodation offer for a single study... What is the state of the shared toilet! I.E. is it like the kind of toilet you'd get in a dormitory at a holiday camp etc. or more like just a bathroom with a lock? my main worries are a) other people's smells lingering during my personal hygiene routine b) my smell lingering during other people's personal hygiene routine (see I'm not completely selfish!) and c) being either the only or part of a minority of people who care about the upkeep of this shared toilet. Hope someone can help! x
Original post by JakeChocz
Hi, I'm studying Biochem at Uni. of Notts grades permitting and at the risk of sounding crude, there's only one thing that's been on my mind since getting my accommodation offer for a single study... What is the state of the shared toilet! I.E. is it like the kind of toilet you'd get in a dormitory at a holiday camp etc. or more like just a bathroom with a lock? my main worries are a) other people's smells lingering during my personal hygiene routine b) my smell lingering during other people's personal hygiene routine (see I'm not completely selfish!) and c) being either the only or part of a minority of people who care about the upkeep of this shared toilet. Hope someone can help! x

Of all the things that could possibly worry you about uni, the one that most concerns you is having to piss with the smell of a fresh turd lingering. I like your style!!

Toilets are just that - toilets! There is a separate shower and you have a sink/mirror in your room for shaving, washing etc. Toilets get cleaned every morning Monday to Friday, so make sure you don't leave a floater Friday afternoon :wink:
Reply 39
Of all the things that could possibly worry you about uni, the one that most concerns you is having to piss with the smell of a fresh turd lingering.

My course I will work out how to do, making friends doesn't bother me. the foul stench of someone else's fecal matter, that worries me! But thanks, I'm glad to hear the shower's are separate. I'm also curious as to what fancy dress is going to be thrown up on freshers, need to prepare! Also is it just due to this forum being full of them or is Rutland Halls full of medical/biosciences students? I noticed I think 3 of the 4 of this year's hall reps probably did their course in QMC, coincidence or is it general to stick people with similar courses together?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending