The Student Room Group

So I'm confused

All over this thread you see people saying:

"oh yeah Chemistry is so hard!"
"yeah Chemistry is the hardest subect"
"avoid Chemistry like the plague"

Then when asked what your favourite A Level is its all:

CHEMISTRY!!! :love:

What is the ACTUAL view on Chemistry here people!?

Using TSR to help with choosing my A Levels was a big mistake.....!
I loved Chemistry.
Reply 2
Just cause its hard, it doesn't mean its hated :L
Reply 3
I loved chemistry - but chemistry didn't love me :frown:
It dropped me after AS!
Reply 4
Everyones different, try it and just swap if you don't like it after the first couple of weeks
It's alright. I personally prefer biology, but chemistry comes a close second out of three.
Reply 6
I liked it at A-level but now I'm doing a degree in it I find it too difficult :frown:
Reply 7
Just because it's hard doesn't mean it's not interesting. As an example, Maths AS Level is comparatively very easy. Which do I find more interesting? Chemistry.
Reply 8
Hard? Not really. In a nutshell, at AS this year I've done: moles and concentrations, bonding in atoms/molecules, trends in periods/groups, extraction of metals, halogens, and organic chemistry (alkanes, haloaklanes, alkenes, alocohols) and mass spec/infra red spec.

Simples. The hardest part of chemistry is realising which bits fit together, making it so much easier than if you take everything separately.

Oh and I by no means "like" chemistry either, but I can appreciate how it fits in with physics, which I love. So its all good. :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Jack-
Hard? Not really. In a nutshell, at AS this year I've done: moles and concentrations, bonding in atoms/molecules, trends in periods/groups, extraction of metals, halogens, and organic chemistry (alkanes, haloaklanes, alkenes, alocohols) and mass spec/infra red spec.

Simples. The hardest part of chemistry is realising which bits fit together, making it so much easier than if you take everything separately.

Oh and I by no means "like" chemistry either, but I can appreciate how it fits in with physics, which I love. So its all good. :wink:

Oh just you wait for A2 :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest