The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by hannah_dru

The pic is a bit small but this is what I'm wearing to my uni graduation ball.

:O It's beautiful...! Where is it from?
Reply 182
The gold one is mine for my year 13 prom next week. I think it might be a tad too formal/long but I like it so thats all that matters. I had to have it altered though...fitted me on the waist yet it was way too long. It's vintage so it explains why it was really thin at the waist yet really long.
my prom dress.jpg

The pink one is the one I wore to my year 11 prom. I look back and hate it. I don't like pink and my shoulders are rounded which was really obvious in that dress...made me try to improve my posture though. Also it wouldn't stay up and one of the straps was missing so I had to have clear plasticy straps on it which looks a bit weird. Oh well, prefer my year 13 one.
prom dress year 11.jpg

(Sorry for the small pictures...I don't know how to get them bigger)
(edited 12 years ago)
Thinking of getting this dress

to go with these shoes (already have them; been trying to find a dress that goes with them for months!)
In year 13 we didn't have a prom just a meal out and I just wore a pink skirt with a black body suit thing.

This is me before my year 11 prom.

I ordered this dress to be fitted for me and in a different colour so I had to wait 6 weeks and then when I finally saw it I liked it but not as much as when I first tried it on. Them when my Mum had to lace it up instead of the woman in the shop it was a mess then she got it right but I could barely breathe and the bones dug in. During the night my bag got caught on the top and we had to just rip it off, it was a tiny rip though so it was fine, then at the end of the night some bitch stood on the dress and her heel got caught in it and she carried on walking and pulled the bottom of the skirt so there is a huge rip in it.

I ended up hating this dress. It is currently in a bin bag in the loft :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by hannah_dru

The pic is a bit small but this is what I'm wearing to my uni graduation ball.

Aahhhh wow! Where's it from?
Original post by PiscesPrincess92
This is what I wore to my year 11 prom back in '08 (I'm the one in the blue dress)

Is that self-righteous prick Mr Ward still around?
Original post by .Scout.
:O It's beautiful...! Where is it from?

Original post by mel0n
Aahhhh wow! Where's it from?

I got it from Oasis :smile:
I'm trying to figure out what colour accessories to wear with it now.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm recreating this with a black dress I already have :biggrin:

Thats

Boo yeah :biggrin: Geez why did my m8's have to pick armarni :frown:
Reply 190
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
This is amazing, you look beautiful!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by LadyRowena

to go with these shoes (already have them; been trying to find a dress that goes with them for months!)

Irregular Choice shoes are my favourite type, and yours are lovely. I just bought these ones for my Prom:

Except I'm changing the bow to red. :P
Reply 192
-----
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by eve1795

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1249831&image=432173359&images=432173359,432173493,432173449&formats=0,0,0&format=0

I bought this but I'm not sure I want to wear it now :frown:. What does everyone think (I'm a size 8/10 with long, blonde hair, the dress comes about three inches above the knee)? I'm worried it's a bit too formal for my prom. Any ideas on shoes/bags etc. to wear with it?

Personally I really like it.

Then again I think it's really hot when girls are in formally dresses like the ones for prom. Obviously can't say much with just your dress size and hair colour but it's definitely not too formal.

Girls were wearing full on wedding dresses to mine which was a bit far but that's a nice one if you ask me :smile:
Reply 194
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Personally I really like it.

Then again I think it's really hot when girls are in formally dresses like the ones for prom. Obviously can't say much with just your dress size and hair colour but it's definitely not too formal.

Girls were wearing full on wedding dresses to mine which was a bit far but that's a nice one if you ask me :smile:

Thankyou:smile:. I do think that it's a lovely dress, but after seeing pictures of past proms, it's put me off a little bit as girl's were wearing river island/summery kind of dresses.
I am going to wear the dress though:smile:.
Reply 195
Original post by LadyRowena

I just bought these shoes after you posting them. They are beyond amazing :smile:
Original post by Veem
I just bought these shoes after you posting them. They are beyond amazing :smile:

They're really comfortable, too; they don't rub or pinch. :smile: Just be warned; it's bloody hard to find clothes that'll go with them. :P
Original post by razzmatazz rach

Original post by razzmatazz rach

I ordered this dress to be fitted for me and in a different colour so I had to wait 6 weeks and then when I finally saw it I liked it but not as much as when I first tried it on. Them when my Mum had to lace it up instead of the woman in the shop it was a mess then she got it right but I could barely breathe and the bones dug in. During the night my bag got caught on the top and we had to just rip it off, it was a tip rip though so it was fine, then at the end of the night some bitch stood on the dress and her heel got caught in it and she carried on walking and pulled the bottom of the skirt so there is a huge rip in it.

I hated this dress. It is currently in a bin bag in the loft :tongue:

Ohh sorry to hear that :frown:
Reply 198
Original post by eve1795

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1249831&image=432173359&images=432173359,432173493,432173449&formats=0,0,0&format=0

I bought this but I'm not sure I want to wear it now and it was £180 :frown:. What does everyone think (I'm a size 8/10 with long, blonde hair, the dress comes about three inches above the knee)? I'm worried it's a bit too formal for my prom. Any ideas on shoes/bags etc. to wear with it?

Its lovely, and everyone else will probably think so too, so please wear it! :tongue:
Original post by Lucygator

Original post by Lucygator
Its lovely, and everyone else will probably think so too, so please wear it! :tongue:

:clap: dam clap smile doesn't work :frown:

Latest