The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
In progress the whole time...

And then you hear a beep when the camera pans to the Doctor's face.

So why did no one on the internet notice that?

But seriously most of us thought something was wrong hence the whole Amy's schrodiner's baby. But the Doctor does look worried and we aren't shown the results so something's obviously up.

It's amazing how you see things differently on re-watching.
So many questions. :moon:

If she isn't pregnant, then this is Moffat misleading us? Could it be? Why would he provide such obvious clues like a little girl regenerating, Amy talking about the effects of pregnancy and a picture of Amy holding a baby in the girl's room - and then leave us on a flickering pregnancy scanner. All that in episode 2. So early on. And we know there are cliffhangers coming.

Seems like a massive red herring to make us think the little girl is Amy's daughter...

Otherwise, these sort of revelations would come later in the series, and there would be little point in showing us some of these things as when the revelation does come, nearly everyone (if not everyone) would go "Yeah, erm we knew".

It is just TOO obviously her baby to actually be her baby (if that makes ANY sense!)

Plus I've held many a baby and had stomach pains...yet as far as I know I've got no children roaming around the earth!
Reply 982
Original post by sleekchic
So why did no one on the internet notice that?

But seriously most of us thought something was wrong hence the whole Amy's schrodiner's baby. But the Doctor does look worried and we aren't shown the results so something's obviously up.

It's amazing how you see things differently on re-watching.

But he could be worried because she is pregnant and he knows (or doesnt know) what would happen to the baby if she travelled through space and time whilst in the womb.
if that makes sense
Original post by greeneyedgirl
It is just TOO obviously her baby to actually be her baby (if that makes ANY sense!)

Plus I've held many a baby and had stomach pains...yet as far as I know I've got no children roaming around the earth!

as far as you know being the key there :tongue:

and maybe you are right an its not amys baby but maybe moffat wants you to think it would be too obvious so you dont think it is so in the end your like OMG
So many questions. :moon:

If she isn't pregnant, then this is Moffat misleading us? Could it be? Why would he provide such obvious clues like a little girl regenerating, Amy talking about the effects of pregnancy and a picture of Amy holding a baby in the girl's room - and then leave us on a flickering pregnancy scanner. All that in episode 2. So early on. And we know there are cliffhangers coming.

Seems like a massive red herring to make us think the little girl is Amy's daughter...

Otherwise, these sort of revelations would come later in the series, and there would be little point in showing us some of these things as when the revelation does come, nearly everyone (if not everyone) would go "Yeah, erm we knew".

It could be a massive red herring or it could be really obvious. But either way it hooks us in and leaves us speculating. I bet Moffat is doing his evil genius laugh right about now.

More on the baby/no baby:

Spoiler

The spoiler does sound ridiculous because it doesn't really say anything but it's just what I read.
Original post by kopite493

the issue that one is in the tardis wasn't addressed either

That was a hologram from the picture on Amy's phone wasn't it?
I supsect there'll be little clues about the Silence returning this series just like the cracks in time at the end of most episodes. Just have to watch out for them.

Imagine an episode with the Weeping Angels AND the Silence.

Weeping Angels would be telepathically turning the lights off so you forget about the Silence and think you only have to deal with the Angels.

Or even Weeping Angels fighting the Silence. (Would never happen though lol). Staring contest!
Reply 987

But why would a girl in an orphanage have a picture of someone who isnt her mother holding her as a baby. But maybe the baby isn't her. But then who else could it be. And maybe the stomach pains are a result of the silents and have nothing to do with pregnancy. Because i dont think people know they're pregnant when they have stomach pains. Its usually morning sickness or a missed period.

Excuse me im just waffling now

...That was a hologram.
Also, someone mentioned in the episode thread that the incident in ep. 1 wasn't exactly resolved- the bit right near the end where River shouts 'RORY!' when they're down the the underground bit. Are we just meant to assume there was a Silent and they got away somehow? It's odd for them to cutaway from a scene like that and not have it explained at any point.
Reply 990

There wasn't a Silent in the TARDIS, it was a image of one created using a picture of one on Amy's phone.
Original post by humy369
But he could be worried because she is pregnant and he knows (or doesnt know) what would happen to the baby if she travelled through space and time whilst in the womb.
if that makes sense

It does make sense. Although if he was worried that travelling through space might have some effect on pregnancy, you'd think he would tell her instead of going off on more adventures.
as far as you know being the key there :tongue:

and maybe you are right an its not amys baby but maybe moffat wants you to think it would be too obvious so you dont think it is so in the end your like OMG

Well unless I have a 9 month memory blank then I def don't have any children! Lack of sex also limits the pregnancy possibilities :tongue:

Yeah, Moffat likes to shock. If it was Amy's baby I'd just be like "meh" whereas if the silents had photoshopped the pic of Amy and post hypnotically suggested it was her child to help their future plan then I'd be a lot more happy.
And of course, they don't show us. :colonhash:

I've just tried to find the DT 'Moffat' *shakes fist* image to put here but can't find it. :frown:

In progress the whole time...

And then you hear a beep when the camera pans to the Doctor's face.

You may be on to something, that little bit in the bottom right hand corner is filling with writing whilst it is oscillating.
Original post by humy369
But why would a girl in an orphanage have a picture of someone who isnt her mother holding her as a baby. But maybe the baby isn't her. But then who else could it be. And maybe the stomach pains are a result of the silents and have nothing to do with pregnancy. Because i dont think people know they're pregnant when they have stomach pains. Its usually morning sickness or a missed period.

Excuse me im just waffling now

Photoshop (see my post above this)
Original post by dirtyoldriver
That was a hologram from the picture on Amy's phone wasn't it?

twas yes my bad XD

although there is a scene in the previous series where amy is in the tardis looks scared then turns away and is smiling as if nothing happened XD

twas yes my bad XD

although there is a scene in the previous series where amy is in the tardis looks scared then turns away and is smiling as if nothing happened XD

I read about that, I'm not sure if it is anything though or just dodgy acting :mmm:
Original post by dirtyoldriver
Also, someone mentioned in the episode thread that the incident in ep. 1 wasn't exactly resolved- the bit right near the end where River shouts 'RORY!' when they're down the the underground bit. Are we just meant to assume there was a Silent and they got away somehow? It's odd for them to cutaway from a scene like that and not have it explained at any point.

Been speculating in the thread that we will go back to it later in the series.
Reply 998
Photoshop (see my post above this)

Interesting theory. But how did the silents manage to photoshop with those hands :hmmm: unless of course they got dear Dr Renfrew to do it for them. But where would they get a picture of Amy. Ane did they have photoshop in the '60s?
So many questions :confused::confused::confused:
Original post by humy369
Interesting theory. But how did the silents manage to photoshop with those hands :hmmm: unless of course they got dear Dr Renfrew to do it for them. But where would they get a picture of Amy. Ane did they have photoshop in the '60s?
So many questions :confused::confused::confused:

Well doesn't necessarily have to be photoshop, could be psychic paper or anything. Basic theory = photo = fake

Latest