The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rascacielos
That's what I thought. Ok, she fancied him but I don't think it overpowered Doctor Who as Rose did. I mean, c'mon, it's David Tennant with a sonic screwdriver and a time machine.... who wouldn't fancy him?

I definitely did. :lol: Occasionally Martha's crush on the Doctor was a bit annoying, but at least they didn't obsess over it for the whole series after it like they did after Rose left. I was thinking "For heaven's sake, man, get a grip! You have two hearts, one can afford to get broken every now and then!"
Original post by Rascacielos
...How?

...How?

And how?!!

My thoughts precisely. River is bloody AMAZING. And the chemistry is definitely building, in my opinion.
Original post by NaturalDisaster
I definitely did. :lol: Occasionally Martha's crush on the Doctor was a bit annoying, but at least they didn't obsess over it for the whole series after it like they did after Rose left. I was thinking "For heaven's sake, man, get a grip! You have two hearts, one can afford to get broken every now and then!"

Brilliant. :tongue:

And agreed with your River comment as well, although I've got to dash so don't have time to do an official quote!
Original post by sleekchic
It does make sense. Although if he was worried that travelling through space might have some effect on pregnancy, you'd think he would tell her instead of going off on more adventures.

It could be that the "damage" has already been done so he wants to go galavanting through time for a while anyway before he has to tell her.

Perhaps she is somehow pregnant and not pregnant at the same time, or perhaps she was pregnant and was actually gone for a lot longer than she thought and had the baby already... though you would think she would notice the after-effects of that. :p:

On the issue of how the little girl knew about regeneration, I think it is plausible that it's some kind of innate knowledge or genetic memory. There are species on Earth that migrate and remember migration routes that were taken by the previous generation, for example. No one actually knows how this genetic memory thing works, I'm just saying, it exists.
Plus regeneration seems weird to us but to the Time Lords it's a natural biological process.

Even if she is only a half-Time Lord or pseudo-Time Lord...? :curious:

I might watch the first two episodes over again to try and get all this straight in my mind because I'm just that cool. :ahee:
Donna Noble was the best, she really felt like an equal to the Doctor especially in terms of wit. I think I just prefer the 'I can give as much as I get' type of attitude from people and woman in general. Especially when the male counterpart is supposed to be so awe inspiring and dominating (intelligence for example) like the Doctor.

Rose would have fluttered her eyes to get the Doctor to do anything :rolleyes: Making Donna part time lord for her last episode was perfect. Fitting end to a sassy and witty companion.
Original post by wabbajack123
Curse you guys! I tried to stay off this site but Doctor Who drove me back on :/ Long time lurker on this thread but I would like to add my two cents having read the majority of it (sad I know).

Firstly a couple of things I don't seem to get (even having watched it 3 times).

Why does it take the doctor 5 days to rescue Amy? We know she's been in that tardis-esque thing for five days but where has he been? Surely he can't be certain they'd wait until the moon landing to "bring silence"?

Also did people not find the silence defeat a little bit easy? It seems like the doctor is being set up for something by his own cleverness (just a general feeling here)

I think River looked mighty shifty when they were discussing the silents. Not sure what minute this was on, but when they are doing the hand injections thing she looks down when the doctor says he can't remember them either to Canton. Possibly implying she's in/was in cahoots with them?

River also says "Well I say she's human" when inspecting the space suit. Being an archeologist you'd think she'd know. So maybe the kid ain't a time lord?

With reference to that spoiler on the web :smile:please delete this or tell me if its not allowed :smile:

Spoiler

Also with reference to the "last kiss" bit. She may think its the last kiss. But surely there's that picnic where the doctor gives her the screw driver, just before SITL? I think this will be the bit where the doctor and River know everything about each other, at the same time. So can have a nice day out for once :smile:

Archaeology at times is complete guess work and you try to work out yourself what it might have been used for. Always a guessunless there is proof and then that isn't always available.

Original post by LastLordofTime
Curse of the Black Spot teasers (not sure if posted... can't be bothered to read back XD)

Spoiler

Not been posted. Oooooh intriguing.

Original post by boba
I know I don't post much I mostly just lurk but I find it easier to follow just one thread

The problem with that is the fact that some people actively avoid this thread as occassionally minor spoilers are posted. They want to avoid those.

Impressive
Reply 1087
can someone explain to me how to use spoilers please? :frown:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

[noparse][spoilers]text here[/noparse]
:smile:

The first tag should read "spoiler" too. :teehee:
Reply 1089
[noparse][spoilers]text here[/noparse]
:smile:

Spoiler

edit: woop:biggrin:. oh and not a spoiler just me checking if I understood
Reply 1090
Curse of the Black Spot teasers (not sure if posted... can't be bothered to read back XD)

Spoiler

Spoiler

I totally just thought of something else.

Information about the Silents erased itself over time. Like the hologram in the TARDIS - it stopped running and the Doctor couldn't get it back, and none of them could remember what they had seen. So eventually, the moon landing footage wouldn't have the suggestion to kill the Silents in it anymore - surely? In order to survive, all the Silents would have to do would be to hide in their tunnels until the message erased itself.

That would explain why there was one in 2011.

I thought the defeat was too easy, but maybe they are not as defeated as we thought, they could be back...
Original post by boba

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Looking forward to the ones in bold.
Anyone else really wanting to meet/see jim the fish ?
Original post by Smilingsam
Anyone else really wanting to meet/see jim the fish ?

Reply 1096
Original post by SteveCrain

Impressive

Would have been so much more awesome if the guy had been dressed up as a silent :laugh:
Original post by Nasher and Basher
Rory 'dropped out of the sky', could Rory be part Time Lord, as its speculated that Amy may be special, but what about Rory, he states that he can choose what to remember and block out certain things etc.

Rory is a nestene duplicate, not a Time Lord.
Original post by kopite493
the issue that one is in the tardis wasn't addressed either

What holds a silent becomes a silent, I said this before the 2nd episode :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Wonder what they're for.

Yup, something so obvious - realised so early. Usually the revelations are stuff that are discrete, you can look back on and say "oh yeah" but they're not 'staring you in the face' obvious, handed on a silver platter.

Spoiler

Latest