The Student Room Group

Which Uni should I choose??

Hello everybody,

I would like to seek advices regarding making a university choice. I have got into National University of Singapore for Engineering and SciencesPo (France) for social sciences.

I am very confused regarding which uni should I choose. Pls help me by stating your opinion on this matter.
Reply 1
Hello I am Nigerian businessman, I can help with all your choice difficulties, just send you bank details and mothers maiden name to my inbox and i be sure to get back to you
I don't think anyone here will know anything about the universities you mentioned. This forum's more to do with UK universities.
Reply 3
"I don't think anyone here will know anything about the universities you mentioned. This forum's more to do with UK universities."

NUS is the 9th best in the world for engineering as per the recent university rankings and SciencesPo has been one of the most reputed and sought after university in France, which almost every french diplomat or politician have attended.
Reply 4
"what would you like as a career?"

I am kinda confused, I like both engineering and economics, but i prefer economics as I am more inclined towards social sciences as i kinda get it easily. But I m confused whether a french degree would help me outside france to get a good job.
Original post by mahi91
"what would you like as a career?"

I am kinda confused, I like both engineering and economics, but i prefer economics as I am more inclined towards social sciences as i kinda get it easily. But I m confused whether a french degree would help me outside france to get a good job.

Have you been to either of the universities/countries?
lol
Reply 7
Original post by Sam2424
Hello I am Nigerian businessman, I can help with all your choice difficulties, just send you bank details and mothers maiden name to my inbox and i be sure to get back to you

Bit off topic so I apologise but..

You're signature is pretty disgusting and distasteful (I'm not sure if you knew you this though...).

The original can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CC_9aFuEkA

The kittens have a disorder where they 'faint' temporarily from certain stimuli. Please read the description of the video - their disorder lead to their death hence your .gif being in bad taste by trying to be funny about it.

I'm not saying remove it because to be honest I'm not taking offence but I think if you're not aware then you should be then you can decide whether or not you want to keep it there! :smile:

If you ARE aware then you're sick, man. :rolleyes:
Reply 8
I'm always a bit dubious of French universities; outside of Ecole Paris none of them seem to be anywhere near the same quality as say the G5 in England, or Ivy League in the USA. NUS is known well and obviously i'd think a degree from that part of Asia is probably better for getting a job in Asia than a degree from SciencesPo is for getting a job in Europe. So i'd say NUS is better than SciencesPo. However, that's largely irrelevant; you need to decide which subject you'd prefer to study before deciding on universities.
Reply 9
Original post by Sam2424
x

Kasc
x

I agree with him; i think you should take it down; it is distasteful and a disgrace to get 'enjoyment' from a life threatening condition even if it is in animals rather than humans.
Reply 10
Original post by sweet_dreams

Have you been to either of the universities/countries?

I have been to Singapore. I did my secondary and high schooling there. I havent been to France though.
Original post by mahi91
I have been to Singapore. I did my secondary and high schooling there. I havent been to France though.

oh cooool :smile:
I just got back from Singapore and I was staying in Bukit Timah, you know of it?
Singapore is such a lovely place, if I were you I would definitely go to NUS. Its better known and is in a more pleasant place. France is rather plain, in my opinion.
Reply 12
oh cooool :smile:
I just got back from Singapore and I was staying in Bukit Timah, you know of it?
Singapore is such a lovely place, if I were you I would definitely go to NUS. Its better known and is in a more pleasant place. France is rather plain, in my opinion.

Yupp. I know about bukit timah and Singapore is a lovely place indeed but it gets boring after a while. I stayed there for 4 years and even most of my peers thought it was boring after a while. France is exotic for me and I think it would help me groom myself better. But I m not too sure about the after study employment opportunities n all.
Original post by mahi91
Yupp. I know about bukit timah and Singapore is a lovely place indeed but it gets boring after a while. I stayed there for 4 years and even most of my peers thought it was boring after a while. France is exotic for me and I think it would help me groom myself better. But I m not too sure about the after study employment opportunities n all.

Ahh.. I see what you mean. Lots of people from Singapore go Australia, don't they.
I would love to go NUS anyway :smile:

But.. GO FRANCE, GO FRANCE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending