The Student Room Group

A levels for computer science

My school offers computer science and my maths teacher told me I should do maths and further maths, but I can't decide if I should do physics, french or RE in year 12.
I really like French and I don't mind physics and RE and I'm about as strong in all of them for gcse. If I did physics, would that be easier since it's more closely linked to my other options/ help me in maths?The reason I would choose RE is beacuse some unis offer computer science with philosophy, which sounds interesting, but I don't want to weaken my application. Or should I do French to have more of a variety in uni applications?
Thanks x
Reply 1
Do what you want to do and do what you enjoy. You won't weaken uni applications by choosing interesting combinations of subjects as long as you cover what they are looking for. As for further maths, it is just more maths but if you went to uni to do engineering, you would be taught the further maths bit anyway.

Good luck and don't worry what teachers might say but do look at courses you might want to do at uni and check that you have the right subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending