The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
You should have told me you had XBL :colonhash: I thought you had a PS3 :facepalm2:

Get involved :coma:

Are you getting it on PS3? If so I think we should join forces :grin:
Reply 381
Original post by I am Nick Clegg
Should I get BF3 if I don't care at all about teamwork?

I'm a regular COD player, but I enjoyed the demo of Battlefield 1943 so i'm considering this.

you should get it !! you can be a lone wolf but at least try to supply others with what your class is supposed to med pack, ammo, repairs etc.
2 years on and BC2 is still a gorgeous looking game.
Reply 383
I can't wait for release! Only 2 more months, its going to be sweet
Reply 384
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
2 years on and BC2 is still a gorgeous looking game.

I really don't get the criticism of that game. For the sheer scale of it and its age it still holds up very very well. Can't wait to get hold of BF3 destruction though :colone:
Original post by Mess.
I really don't get the criticism of that game. For the sheer scale of it and its age it still holds up very very well. Can't wait to get hold of BF3 destruction though :colone:

whilst its fun to play......

No VOIP (i guess you can use vent but theres no community between regs if you're on a server a lot)
ridiculous damage
heli height
no jets :biggrin:
maps are too linear
basically walk in a straight line to the next, not much flanking
spawn on any squad member
squad functions were reduced compared to bf2 where you could invite people, send proper squad orders, ask for things from commander etc etc You could press Q on a flag and tell your squad to attack it but nobody would have a clue as nothing was made clear
which brings me to no commo rose + no commander

and the list goes on

Bring on commo rose in BF3 and the return of

Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!

on an urban map
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 386
Any suggestions for a new graphics card to compliment the BF3 release? I'm running a heavily modded GTX285 which runs everything I throw at it like a dream, but a directx 11 compatible card would be nice
Reply 387

Should I get BF3 if I don't care at all about teamwork?

I'm a regular COD player, but I enjoyed the demo of Battlefield 1943 so i'm considering this.

Yes.

Perfectly do-able in any BF game. It's encouraged that you help teammates if you're a medic or something. But it's not as if you're forced to do so.

If you really want to, hop between squads and use them all as mobile spawn points.

Or just get in a tank/jet and don't worry about ever having to interact with teammates.
Reply 388
Original post by Keckers

Original post by Keckers
Any suggestions for a new graphics card to compliment the BF3 release? I'm running a heavily modded GTX285 which runs everything I throw at it like a dream, but a directx 11 compatible card would be nice

Getting a GTX560 Ti seems to be what most people are suggesting.
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
whilst its fun to play......

No VOIP (i guess you can use vent but theres no community between regs if you're on a server a lot)
ridiculous damage
heli height
no jets :biggrin:
maps are too linear
basically walk in a straight line to the next, not much flanking
spawn on any squad member
squad functions were reduced compared to bf2 where you could invite people, send proper squad orders, ask for things from commander etc etc You could press Q on a flag and tell your squad to attack it but nobody would have a clue as nothing was made clear
which brings me to no commo rose + no commander

and the list goes on

Bring on commo rose in BF3 and the return of

Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!

on an urban map

Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?
Can I get a ride?

Negative!
Negative!
Negative!
Negative!
Negative!
Negative!
Negative!
Negative!
Negative!

**** YOU *******! - while you watch the guy speed off into the distance and you're left stranded

ahhh the good old days
I'm so gutted that this is coming out now. I'm not going to buy it for the console because playing this game on anything but a PC is an insult, but I can't justify buying a new PC until I graduate next summer. :frown:
Reply 392
Looks like the game may be coming on two disks after all, on X360 and PC anyway...

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165321

Won't matter to me. I'll only touch the multi-player when I have exhausted everything in the campaign and most likely won't ever go back to it!
Original post by ManBeast
Looks like the game may be coming on two disks after all, on X360 and PC anyway...

Won't matter to me. I'll only touch the multi-player when I have exhausted everything in the campaign and most likely won't ever go back to it!

2 discs?
its gonna be massive
Reply 394
Original post by ManBeast

I;m the same. I don't get people who go straight to MP. I will play through the Campaign, firstly on the medium setting and then on the hardest, won't stop til i'm done. May even repeat it if it's good, then i'll go MP ;D
finally a date :d
And it's exactly the same one I played in the Alpha and the same bloody mode also :P
Nope. I contacted EA last night just to see what's meant to happen, and I told them I have MOH Limited Edition and all they said was: "You'll receive the email before 27/09/2011.".

So that means today...
Yeah, on a US time zone also probably...
Reply 399
Looking forward to the beta tomorrow, even if it is one map and game-mode. Probably won't play it too much unless its really addictive.

Hopefully there aren't any problems with the internet tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest