The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I've only played Bad Company 2 on PS3, but I do have well over 250 hours invested in it. Debating whether I'll be getting this on PC as well as PS3 - I doubt I will in the end. Hopefully the PS3 version won't be too great a downgrade from its PC counterpart.

The folks at DICE are very, very excited about what they're putting out with this one. That's obviously a good sign.
Reply 61
So is the release date of 4th November confirmed?
Reply 62
Original post by VCR
I've only played Bad Company 2 on PS3, but I do have well over 250 hours invested in it. Debating whether I'll be getting this on PC as well as PS3 - I doubt I will in the end. Hopefully the PS3 version won't be too great a downgrade from its PC counterpart.

The folks at DICE are very, very excited about what they're putting out with this one. That's obviously a good sign.

console version is only 32 players max..

i pity anyone that plays fps games on consoles
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 63

Original post by dzeh
console version is only 32 players max..

i pity anyone that plays fps games on consoles

I don't really care about the player count. 32 players is more than enough for me, unless the game features gigantic maps and a command structure which ensures that the team stays cohesive. My favourite FPS this gen (KZ2) was always at its best in servers with 16 players instead of the maximum possible 32.

Out of interest, have you ever played a console FPS?
Reply 64
Original post by VCR
I don't really care about the player count. 32 players is more than enough for me, unless the game features gigantic maps and a command structure which ensures that the team stays cohesive. My favourite FPS this gen (KZ2) was always at its best in servers with 16 players instead of the maximum possible 32.

Out of interest, have you ever played a console FPS?

I have.. mouse is far better for fps games.. pad is better for footy and racing games etc
Original post by VCR

64-player on PC, 32-player on PS3.

There is no competition because of that fact alone, frankly. And yes, there will be a command structure. Commanders (from BF2 and 2142) are returning, so one person on each team will be the commander, at least from what I understand.

Also, the PC Battlefield crowd is a lot more mature.

Battlefield is a PC experience, it will always be inferior on consoles. Sorry but that's the way it goes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
. Commanders (from BF2 and 2142) are returning, so one person on each team will be the commander, at least from what I understand.

The commander system/feature isn't there ...?
I'm pretty sure it isn't in BF3.
Reply 67
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw
The commander system/feature isn't there ...?
I'm pretty sure it isn't in BF3.

I shall make inquiries.
It looks very nice :biggrin:
Hopefully I'll be able to play it at a high fps on max settings :cool:
Reply 70
Gonna have to make some kind of TSR group with this when it's out ;D
*sigh*

whilst i'm still looking forward to this game and will still buy it, i feel a bit let down

no commander
regen health is back....... -.-
only 4 classes and they've mashed the medic kit into the assault kit
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
*sigh*

whilst i'm still looking forward to this game and will still buy it, i feel a bit let down

no commander
regen health is back....... -.-
only 4 classes and they've mashed the medic kit into the assault kit

Maybe those roles just aren't suitable for this new BF?
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos

There is no competition because of that fact alone, frankly. And yes, there will be a command structure. Commanders (from BF2 and 2142) are returning, so one person on each team will be the commander, at least from what I understand.

Also, the PC Battlefield crowd is a lot more mature.

Battlefield is a PC experience, it will always be inferior on consoles. Sorry but that's the way it goes.

Funny how PC gaming is dead though. Just look on Steam Stats - they're a joke...
Original post by maskofsanity
Funny how PC gaming is dead though. Just look on Steam Stats - they're a joke...

Confirmed troll.
Original post by xXedixXx
Maybe those roles just aren't suitable for this new BF?

i'm not convinced - they mashed support into assault in BFBC2 and it was terrible - they also took away commo rose and it was terrible. DICE are too focused on becoming the next COD that BF series is slowly but surely turning into a COD like game unfortuantely

The thing which made BF2 stand out for me was the teamwork based gameplay which no other game had managed to balance. They held this up until the BFBC series - on playing BFBC2 there was so much squad hopping and so many people were just lone wolfing it as you didn't need a medic on your team or even side to be able to play the game. BF2 if you took some damage you couldn't stray to far from your team/squad otherwise you'd die

Don't get get me wrong though, i'm sure the game will be amazing and i'll be one of the first to buy it but i can't help but feel a bit let down by their obsession to be the next COD with its dumbing down
(edited 12 years ago)
i'm not convinced - they mashed support into assault in BFBC2 and it was terrible - they also took away commo rose and it was terrible. DICE are too focused on becoming the next COD that BF series is slowly but surely turning into a COD like game unfortuantely

The thing which made BF2 stand out for me was the teamwork based gameplay which no other game had managed to balance. They held this up until the BFBC series - on playing BFBC2 there was so much squad hopping and so many people were just lone wolfing it as you didn't need a medic on your team or even side to be able to play the game. BF2 if you took some damage you couldn't stray to far from your team/squad otherwise you'd die

Don't get get me wrong though, i'm sure the game will be amazing and i'll be one of the first to buy it but i can't help but feel a bit let down by their obsession to be the next COD with its dumbing down

I believe that Dice know that the people who play Battlefield are not the people who play COD and therefore they respect that people do not want a COD copy. However, they will want to win over some of the COD audience. So I think we'll see somewhat of a compromise in BF3; which I believe will be a great game.
Original post by xXedixXx
I believe that Dice know that the people who play Battlefield are not the people who play COD and therefore they respect that people do not want a COD copy. However, they will want to win over some of the COD audience. So I think we'll see somewhat of a compromise in BF3; which I believe will be a great game.

that's the problem though - BF is BF and COD is COD, the two should be kept seperate and game makers need to stop trying to be the next COD
that's the problem though - BF is BF and COD is COD, the two should be kept seperate and game makers need to stop trying to be the next COD

As I say, I don't think they're trying to be COD; but I think they're trying to get some of the COD players, considering it's a huge market; rather unfortunately.
Reply 79
I watched the E3 Live Feed of the Tank Mission... Oh my days, it looks superb!

Its there in that link, along with a review. I honestly can't wait. Autumn is going to be HUGE for games. Smaller games are going to be caught up in the "Autumnal Massacre", being dominated by hard hitters like this, MW3, Skyrim, GoW3, etc, etc, etc.

Still, this will be a gem of a single/multiplayer game. I, for one, can't wait. Only five months till possibly the greatest Season in gaming ever. :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest