Original post by xXedixXx
Nah, you should be able to run it okay.

the beta plays ok tbh but I think my pc is old

I want high details at 1050 or 1080
360 users can choose to install a higher res texture pack off the disc :holmes:

Edit: IGN are reporting that PS3 gets the optional install as well :h:

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/battlefield-3-360-texture-disc.html

also of note:

We went hands-on with both versions of the game yesterday, and in terms of visuals, the Xbox 360 version certainly took the edge over the PS3 version.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 782
Just got my BRS of 9861 :colonhash:
Reply 783
Just ordered my new rig especially for this and Skyrim...not played the beta but it's looking good (mostly) from what I've read and seen. Looking forward to some Intel i5 goodness...
Reply 784
Original post by bhoytoy
the beta plays ok tbh but I think my pc is old

I want high details at 1050 or 1080

You may struggle to get a decent fps at high detail.

To be honest though, I am absolutely astounded at how good the game looks in even the low graphic options.
Just cancelled my pre-order.

I'm a COD guy but I was blown away the first time I played the BETA, like seriously impressed to the point where I ordered it after playing it for only about 20 minutes which is not something I would usually do.

But as I keep playing I'm just getting worse and I'm struggling with range and accuracy the most to be honest, I'll see a guy across the map and I just can't kill him.

COD maybe easier or whatever but I'd rather play a game that I can enjoy. I will continue to keep playing the BETA and if I began to enjoy it more I'll probably put an order back in.
Original post by Competencies
Just cancelled my pre-order.

I'm a COD guy but I was blown away the first time I played the BETA, like seriously impressed to the point where I ordered it after playing it for only about 20 minutes which is not something I would usually do.

But as I keep playing I'm just getting worse and I'm struggling with range and accuracy the most to be honest, I'll see a guy across the map and I just can't kill him.

COD maybe easier or whatever but I'd rather play a game that I can enjoy. I will continue to keep playing the BETA and if I began to enjoy it more I'll probably put an order back in.

Obvious COD troll is OBVIOUS!

Deploy the bomb bots and UAVs to hellfire his ass.
Can't wait for this game.
Reply 788
Original post by Buzzsaw
Just ordered my new rig especially for this and Skyrim...not played the beta but it's looking good (mostly) from what I've read and seen. Looking forward to some Intel i5 goodness...

What rig did you get and how much was it? Thinking about looking at investing in a new gaming rig myself.
Reply 789
I'm going to probably buy a new card for this. That is all I should need. I hope.
Certainly not a 'get on a day release game' as it'll cost a bit for me to upgrade the card (Wouldn't want to buy a card to be forced to run it on lower settings), but I will be getting it.
You guys been playing Caspian Border? :smile:

We don't have it on PS3. :colonhash:
Reply 792
Original post by George K
We don't have it on PS3. :colonhash:

Shame, get a pc and play it there :biggrin:
Original post by D4rth
Shame, get a pc and play it there :biggrin:

I have a pc, but I don't have the money to get a new one that is good enough to game on... :cry:
Reply 794

I've been playing it a bit. Probably around 15 full games. it's amazing.

If this game was a woman, I'd go down on it, that's how much I love it.

Well.. all is good except the people camping for jets and ****.

All that said, it doesn't seem to live up to 2. But, that doesn't really make a difference to the game itself.
I want this game so badly!! (Along with FIFA 12) Beta is amazing even though it's extremely buggy/glitchy... For me, that's a good sign of a good game. I'm reluctant to buy it though, because every weekend, my mother would threaten to lock up the PS3 after about 10 minutes of me touching the controller :frown:
Reply 796
Could anyone give me a rough estimate/breakdown for a gaming rig that would play BF3 at decent settings? I don't know a lot about PC components so any help would be appreciated.
Reply 797
Original post by Roobsa
Could anyone give me a rough estimate/breakdown for a gaming rig that would play BF3 at decent settings? I don't know a lot about PC components so any help would be appreciated.

You will need a quad core processor I would say, which are pretty cheap now.
i.e an Intel i5 (i7 if you can afford it) or a cheaper AMD Phenom II series CPU; for example the AM3 socket Phenom II x4 965.

I have an older Q6600 Intel Quad core, and I reckon, even though it would probably produce bottle-necking, I could get a relatively good GPU and I should find the game running pretty good. I hope.

In terms of processor speed, this matters a lot less in games, and if you are that way inclined, you can get the performance of a more expensive CPU simply by overclocking it past manufacturer specifications, which if you have good enough cooling isn't all that dangerous.

Mostly, games still need more power from the graphics card than the processor itself, but you don't want a CPU for example that will bottle neck the graphics card from reaching its full potential speed.

The ATI 6850 will probably give the game a good run for its money, at around £159 at Micro Direct.
The ATI 6950 costs around £50 more and will probably max the game I would say (don't quote me on that, but it should, if all other specs match up at relatively normal resolutions).

If you prefer Nvidia, the 560TI is around the same price point if you look around (to be honest, I'm not very known on Nvidia cards as much), and get increasingly more expensive than the ATI cards I find..

The more memory the graphics card has built in, the more anti aliasing/texture loading you will be able to perform on the card at higher resolutions, so more chance of upping the settings if you are running at 2000x odd resolutions.
1080p type gaming on a TV for example would be fine probably with around 1GB of memory here, though 1.5-2GB is getting more well known in the upper categories of cards.

Around 4GB's of DDR3 system memory would probably be plenty to power the PC itself I reckon.

More often than not though.
If its to be a gaming system foremost, make sure you spend most of the money on a good graphics card, though NEVER skimp on the power supply :smile: A good power supply will keep the computer fed a healthy voltage. Skimp on this, and you risk the computer not lasting as long as it could. Heat is also a factor, so make sure you spend enough money on a good case with adequate cooling to keep the components cool. Preferably with a fan filter (you'll thank me later)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 798
Original post by Roobsa

Original post by Roobsa

i5 2500k
GTX 560 Ti
4GB RAM
580w PSU
Whatever Intel mobo
Case and peripherals

Should play the game on high textures; not sure what levels of anti-aliasing and stuff (to remove jaggies).

Will cost around £600

Also, this is awesome:

Reply 799
Yeah, I was pretty on target then wasn't I with the i5, 560ti and 4GB RAM suggestion :tongue:
Excellent.

Quick Reply

Latest