The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

No idea why anyone would willfully glitch their level up. Seeing your name at the top of the scoreboard when you're a low level, like < 15, is much more fun that doing it at high level. Everyone expects to see high level players there. I hate it when I start moving too far up the ranks... I get performance anxiety, and feel lame when I get killed by noobs.
Reply 1381
Original post by Keckers
I'm away from my PC for a week. Woe is me D:

I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but a PC ain't one. :tongue:

Yeah, so anyway, I'm really looking forward to the new weapons. :smile:
Original post by G50
I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but a PC ain't one. :tongue:

Yeah, so anyway, I'm really looking forward to the new weapons. :smile:

Lmfao +1
Reply 1383
Original post by RobertWhite

Should I buy BF3 or MW3 tomorrow for the xbox360? I still haven't made up my mind. I'm usually a COD player but I have played battlefield on PC. Please give me some decent reasons! + rep :biggrin:

Get both?

That said. Battlefield if you fancy combined arms, large objective based games. CoD if you want arena shooting in relatively small maps.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tabris
Get both?

That said. Battlefield if you fancy combined arms, large objective based games. CoD if you want arena shooting in relatively small maps.

If I get both my bank account will surely take a blow and my degree an even bigger. I settled on BF3 which I'm enjoying at the moment. I have friends with MW3 and so will give it a go at some point. From what I've heard though, it should be called MW2.5 so I'm not expecting much more than slightly better visuals, new guns, different features, maps etc...

I'll see how BF3 goes and may consider getting MW3 at Christmas.
Reply 1385

From what I've heard though, it should be called MW2.5 so I'm not expecting much more than slightly better visuals, new guns, different features, maps etc...

It's like that for any sequel, to be honest. Especially from a franchise with an annual release schedule (even if it is 2 different studios). Battlefield 3 isn't the crowning glory of innovative achievement either, despite what fanboys may say.

It's amazing how word of mouth and popular opinion can influence people though. Like a friend of mine who was happy playing CoD4, W@W and Black Ops suddenly decided to say that MW3 looked a bit samey because of all the attention attracted towards this aspect within the last year. His sudden change of opinion followed all the marketing and popular opinion since BF3 was announced and if he'd payed attention before, he should have realised that CoD games don't tend to change that much anyway. If it ain't broke; don't fix it and all that jazz.

It's like with a FIFA game, new games are very much iterative; not innovative. The same applies to CoD. But anyone who plays FIFA will tell you that each game feels vastly different, because you only need to make subtle changes to alter how a game feels and plays.
Loving the game so far, big fan of Bad Company 2. Managed to disable a jet with a tank shell, and hit a heli with my trusty RPG.

Good times. :biggrin:
Got M40 unlocked and although it's taken a bit of a nerf I can still run around with a Holo on it and get decent kills.....
Whats with chopper passengers shooting up the helicopter just so they can sit and wait for it to respawn in the respawn screen? Few times its happened now...
Reply 1389
Original post by Magnum Opus
What gfx drivers have you got?

Original post by xXedixXx
Is the game actually crashing and freezing? Or is it actually closing and gives you an error on battlelog?

It is closing and gives me an error on battlelog.
Sorry I didn't respond, here are my system specs:

RAM - 4GB
GFX - ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (No other details)
Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 B25 Processor 2.70ghz

What happens is, it just crashes to desktop randomly and nothing else, no BSOD, no blackness, just a pure crash. Its soo annoying, I am doing brilliantly, like 14-3 and then it crashes! and none of my stats get saved!!!!

I have all the up to date drivers and I just have no idea what it could be.
MW3 has now come out, time to get Battlefield now the noobs are gone :P
Reply 1391
Original post by desijut

Original post by desijut

And nothing has changed.
Reply 1392
A quick question here reguarding the Back to Karkand expansion coming soon. Is this included if you buy the Limited Edition now, seeing as though pre-ordering it is impossible?
Original post by desijut

This game is really good, I'm usually a COD player. Without speaking, me and my squad actually managed to get across the whole map in proper formation to take out a point. We were killed at the last bit but I'm just so happy people do attempt to work together in this game. It really requires strategy.
Original post by Jetmouse
A quick question here reguarding the Back to Karkand expansion coming soon. Is this included if you buy the Limited Edition now, seeing as though pre-ordering it is impossible?

yes
I just call the EOD bot 'Wall-E'.

Make sure you buy it new.

This game is really good, I'm usually a COD player. Without speaking, me and my squad actually managed to get across the whole map in proper formation to take out a point. We were killed at the last bit but I'm just so happy people do attempt to work together in this game. It really requires strategy.

Best thing about the game! I've had a few doubts but the teamwork aspect always clinches it. You just don't get that elated feeling in other games when you're on the last MCOM furiously reviving and healing all of your teammates with a ****storm of rockets and vehicular warfare in the background.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1396
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Make sure you buy it new.

Righto, I'm gonna order it off Amazon and hopefully be entitled to the expansion :smile:

I just bought it today, for the same reason. To get the expansion pack. I think you do, on my online pass, it says "This is also the code for the Back to Karkand expansion pack" or words to that effect. i shall let you know otherwise.
Original post by D4rth
My game crashes randomly every round. I cannot get through 1+ round without it crashing.

Does anyone have any ideas, I can't find anything online.

I had this and after reparing, reinstalling, doing drivers etc I found someone who suggested putting my gfx settings to medium instead of a custom setup. Has worked fine since, and I have no idea why unless something else changed and it just seems like the medium graphics fixed it.
Finally got around to ordering BF3, should be here in a couple of days. I would have preferred to have a digital download but the £39.99 Origin are asking is a joke, especially when you can get a physical copy for £29.99.

Quick Reply

Latest