The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chickenonsteroids
It's overpowered :ashamed2:

I was going 30 - 4 and then the server cut off... why have they been so crappy today?

Been alreet for me like.

Had me best mate round to try and get him to buy it and I totally sold it to him.
The FAMAS is a bit ridiculous. The stock sight is horrendous, so you do better by just firing from the hip until you get the first sight. I have the L85 now (the SA80) and I'm enjoying that. It starts off with the 12x sniper scope as its stock one, so it's "interesting" using that to get the others.

EDIT: Also, as I thought, it mistakenly has a burst mode. It should only have full-auto and single shot:

The SA80 family is hammer-fired and has a trigger mechanism with a fire-control selector that enables semi-automatic fire and fully automatic fire (the fire selector lever is located at the left side of the receiver, just aft of the magazine). A cross bolt type safety prevents accidental firing and is located above the trigger; the "safe" setting blocks the movement of the trigger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA80#Features
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gumball
The FAMAS is a bit ridiculous. The stock sight is horrendous, so you do better by just firing from the hip until you get the first sight. I have the L85 now (the SA80) and I'm enjoying that. It starts off with the 12x sniper scope as its stock one, so it's "interesting" using that to get the others.

12x stock scope for the L85? That's insane.
Reply 1583
Finally won 5 squad deathmatches, just need 60 more assault rifle kills -_-
These servers are horrid for me ... my friends think i keep on quitting out of games when that isn't true
Reply 1585
Something tells me EA need more hamsters to run their servers!
Original post by gumball

EDIT: Also, as I thought, it mistakenly has a burst mode. It should only have full-auto and single shot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA80#Features

burst fire is capable on the newer variants, they have a 3 stage trigger when full auto is selected.
Original post by Friar Chris
12x stock scope for the L85? That's insane.

I believe that's what's on it. I only read it once, and it was high.

Original post by Joluk
Finally won 5 squad deathmatches, just need 60 more assault rifle kills -_-

You should have combined that with the noob tube kills playing as Assault. At least you've done the worst bit now!

Original post by iainvg
burst fire is capable on the newer variants, they have a 3 stage trigger when full auto is selected.

News to me. Thanks!
Hows everyone doing on it so far?
After a long time of playing it on and off and not being convinced because of my poor performance It's starting to finally click and I'm starting to finally get the hang of it.

I'm even starting to get the hang of flying the helicopters. The Jets, not quite so much although I have certainly tried.

Anyone else playing it on the Xbox 360?

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Do microphones work on the 360? I haven't heard a single person talk during the time I've played Battlefield. Not a single mutter. It's frustrating when you compare it with the level of communication you get in less team centric games such as Halo.

Also, we need to get a TSR 360 team together for some casual play. :pierre:

I'm not really sure. Most of the time I'm in a private party with a few friends. I think that when I am in public chat not many people speak. It's different in that way from MW3.
One of my friends described BF3 as being a lot more grown up than MW3 in many ways, that being just one of them.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Hows everyone doing on it so far?
After a long time of playing it on and off and not being convinced because of my poor performance It's starting to finally click and I'm starting to finally get the hang of it.

I'm even starting to get the hang of flying the helicopters. The Jets, not quite so much although I have certainly tried.

Anyone else playing it on the Xbox 360?

I'm not really sure. Most of the time I'm in a private party with a few friends. I think that when I am in public chat not many people speak. It's different in that way from MW3.
One of my friends described BF3 as being a lot more grown up than MW3 in many ways, that being just one of them.

I've got the hang of it but I'm not amazing. Really enjoy it all the same. Showed it to my mate the other day he was very impressed by how easy it is to annoy other players lol.
Original post by KingGoonIan
I've got the hang of it but I'm not amazing. Really enjoy it all the same. Showed it to my mate the other day he was very impressed by how easy it is to annoy other players lol.

I find it took a while to get used to. For example it takes a while to learn that you really need to move from cover to cover, a lot more than other games, and that you generally have to move pretty quickly.
Before the game came out I played the Beta and was awful so I was really put off, but it does grow on you.

And yeah it can be easy to annoy other players. I haven't but a friend of mine is really good, he's gotten a few people to "rage quit" once or twice. :lol:
I dunno what gun to use lol decisions decisions....
I find it took a while to get used to. For example it takes a while to learn that you really need to move from cover to cover, a lot more than other games, and that you generally have to move pretty quickly.
Before the game came out I played the Beta and was awful so I was really put off, but it does grow on you.

And yeah it can be easy to annoy other players. I haven't but a friend of mine is really good, he's gotten a few people to "rage quit" once or twice. :lol:

I love this about the game.

Also I used that MAV (I think) and a friend stood on it and I just went up really high and he jumped off it onto a building, was so cool. :P
I love this about the game.

Also I used that MAV (I think) and a friend stood on it and I just went up really high and he jumped off it onto a building, was so cool. :P

On one of the maps there is a tall red and white poll with a platform. I was in a plane and was being shot down so I bailed, and then once I started parachuting down I guided myself onto a platform at the top of the pole.
You can't really do anything up there because it's quite far up so I fired blindly for a bit then parachuted down.
QFA

Hows this for jet skills?

Oh and btw, that is the map with the tall red and white poll. You can see it in the background in the beginning.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hows this for jet skills?

Oh and btw, that is the map with the tall red and white poll. You can see it in the background in the beginning.

Aye I've seen this, have ya seen the video of his failed attempts lol?
Aye I've seen this, have ya seen the video of his failed attempts lol?

Heh, no but I'm sure there were a good few before he got it right. Then again I'm not surprised. It's not really the sort of thing you get right first time.
Oh man I wish people could learn to fly choppers better, it really isn't hard. Would be great if people would not use the helicopters as their own personal taxi so I'm not left in the gunner seat not realizing they bailed out so they could go snipe somewhere!

Played a few of the DLC maps. Not really liking Wake Island for some reason, the new weapons are ace though.
How do these people at the top of the leaderboards get around 1500 points per minute? :eek:
Original post by Mr Smurf
How do these people at the top of the leaderboards get around 1500 points per minute? :eek:

To quote a friend of mine, "they are probably Chubby unemployed virgin uber nerds who sit around at home all day."
Original post by ManBeast
Oh man I wish people could learn to fly choppers better, it really isn't hard. Would be great if people would not use the helicopters as their own personal taxi so I'm not left in the gunner seat not realizing they bailed out so they could go snipe somewhere!

Played a few of the DLC maps. Not really liking Wake Island for some reason, the new weapons are ace though.

I'm sort of ok at flying the choppers but I still have a way to go. My main problem is being able to fly it straight, I can't really master the fly by shootings yet.
In fact my friend (who I quoted above) says my flying really isn't his thing so every time he spawns off me when I'm in a chopper he immedietly bails. :lol:

I don't take it personally though.

Quick Reply

Latest