The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thunder_chunky
Quite right. It's annoying when you are playing on the bigger maps and there aren't enough people on your team tagging enemy vehicles or tagging with the SOFLAM.
But if you do, lots of points. Of course you have to be quick as sometimes once it's tagged people are quite quick to fire off their Javelin.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Just play Gulf of Oman and stick a SOFLAM on the tower.

The Oman tower fights make me laugh so much, trying to be the alpha sniper at the top of the tree.
Reply 1781
SOFLAM? :beard:
As a matter of interest, has anyone read "Battlefield 3: The Russian" by Andy McNab. It's the campaign in book format but much deeper and more interesting :3
M26 Dart is a game changer. We were getting destroyed on metro, with the other team having 3 darters. Then I join and become the alpha darter. The other teams MVP had like 70 kills to 17 deaths and I caused 6 of those deaths to only 2 kills on me.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
M26 Dart is a game changer. We were getting destroyed on metro, with the other team having 3 darters. Then I join and become the alpha darter. The other teams MVP had like 70 kills to 17 deaths and I caused 6 of those deaths to only 2 kills on me.

Is that still glitched?
Anyone else find this game boring on console? Especially conquest :frown:
Original post by Obadetona
Anyone else find this game boring on console? Especially conquest :frown:

Sounds like you should have got MWF3.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Sounds like you should have got MWF3.

Loved CoD4, hated all the others after. Loved Bad Company 2. It just seems the maps are way too big and there's not enough players. It's fun when it gets tight and you all stick together, but on some maps everyone is just everywhere. On conquest on some maps the whole game is pretty much running from flag to flag capping it.
Original post by Mess.
SOFLAM? :beard:

It's a semi-autonomous laser target designator. It paints valid targets enabling a faster lock on for Guided weapons, and gives the Javelin the bonus of the top attack, which is generally a 1 shot disable on a vehicle.
Original post by Obadetona
Loved CoD4, hated all the others after. Loved Bad Company 2. It just seems the maps are way too big and there's not enough players. It's fun when it gets tight and you all stick together, but on some maps everyone is just everywhere. On conquest on some maps the whole game is pretty much running from flag to flag capping it.

Yeah I sorta agree. I find on the console, not nearly enough vehicles are on the map (Which I understand due to the Xbox not having enough processing power) but it still bugs me. If I die and end up back at the spawn point, there is never any vehicles available so I have to leg it across the map - which really sucks on Caspian border. Battlefield 3 uses every map for every game type, unlike Bad Company 2 where certain maps were only available for certain game modes. You couldn't play Heavy Metal or Laguna Alta on Rush because the map wasn't big enough.

Personally I prefer Bad Company 2 but BF3 is still pretty fun.
I got kicked from a server just because I threw a single grenade :frown:
Original post by Miss Trololol
Yeah I sorta agree. I find on the console, not nearly enough vehicles are on the map (Which I understand due to the Xbox not having enough processing power) but it still bugs me. If I die and end up back at the spawn point, there is never any vehicles available so I have to leg it across the map - which really sucks on Caspian border. Battlefield 3 uses every map for every game type, unlike Bad Company 2 where certain maps were only available for certain game modes. You couldn't play Heavy Metal or Laguna Alta on Rush because the map wasn't big enough.

Personally I prefer Bad Company 2 but BF3 is still pretty fun.

The lack of vehicles is probably down to people using they as Jihad Jeeps or not waiting for other players to get in at the base. You could always spawn on your squad too.

I don't really find using the same maps a problem as they use the cut down versions for TDM and Conquest and the larger versions for rush.(Usually)

I would love it if they introduced Heavy Metal, Harvest Day and Oasis to BF3 then allowed us to play rush on Heavy Metal. :colone:
Original post by Scott1541
The lack of vehicles is probably down to people using they as Jihad Jeeps or not waiting for other players to get in at the base. You could always spawn on your squad too.

I don't really find using the same maps a problem as they use the cut down versions for TDM and Conquest and the larger versions for rush.(Usually)

I would love it if they introduced Heavy Metal, Harvest Day and Oasis to BF3 then allowed us to play rush on Heavy Metal. :colone:

Nothing irks me more than seeing a tank drive off with only one person in it :mad: They give themselves a disadvantage when they do that :/

I would love to see Valparaíso, Port Valdez and Laguna Presa. They were my favourite maps. Nelson bay was fun too.
Reply 1793
Original post by Miss Trololol
Nothing irks me more than seeing a tank drive off with only one person in it :mad: They give themselves a disadvantage when they do that :/

I would love to see Valparaíso, Port Valdez and Laguna Presa. They were my favourite maps. Nelson bay was fun too.

I love being the gunner in a tank, something I am very skilled at :sexface: I am not as good at being the driver though and I still cannot drive a single flying vehicle :sigh: Really annoys me when someone can fly a vehicle well though as they normally dominate because the stinger never seems to hit them, constant IR flares preventing a hit, and most people just ignore the air vehicles no matter how much it is dominating the match.
Original post by Mess.
I love being the gunner in a tank, something I am very skilled at :sexface: I am not as good at being the driver though and I still cannot drive a single flying vehicle :sigh: Really annoys me when someone can fly a vehicle well though as they normally dominate because the stinger never seems to hit them, constant IR flares preventing a hit, and most people just ignore the air vehicles no matter how much it is dominating the match.

I love gunning as well. Prefer it over driving but I can drive when the occasion calls for it. Love driving around capturing flags on Caspian border. They see me rollin', they hatin' :h:

My brother has been teaching me to fly jets lately. He's really good, scary good so I'm picking it up pretty quickly. Renting a server and setting it to private is a really good way to learn how to fly :smile:

Less said about the choppers, the better.
My biggest issue is the balancing of teams on Rush. Conquest is fine because I find it generally easier to carry a losing team on most maps (just controlling a certain area can limit the competition for multiple flags), but too often I join a rush map where the team I've joined in comprised almost soley of newbs under level 20 (not that I have anything against new players at all) with an opposition with multiple top level players.

It's taken away my incentive to play rush really.
Reply 1796
Original post by Keckers
My biggest issue is the balancing of teams on Rush. Conquest is fine because I find it generally easier to carry a losing team on most maps (just controlling a certain area can limit the competition for multiple flags), but too often I join a rush map where the team I've joined in comprised almost soley of newbs under level 20 (not that I have anything against new players at all) with an opposition with multiple top level players.

It's taken away my incentive to play rush really.

I do think the balance is really poor. I'm under level 20 myself just because I don't play that often but I nearly always finish top 3 and carry teams but it is a nightmare when you have every player on your team utterly *******s and nobody engaging in squad tactics like giving you ****ing ammo when you ask for it :stomp:
Original post by Mess.
I do think the balance is really poor. I'm under level 20 myself just because I don't play that often but I nearly always finish top 3 and carry teams but it is a nightmare when you have every player on your team utterly *******s and nobody engaging in squad tactics like giving you ****ing ammo when you ask for it :stomp:

The worst one is when people just run straight at objectives and get mowed down. It may be called rush but the best strategy is usually to take it reasonably steadily and control key areas of the map to make it easier for people to arm.
It would be awesome if a whole team got together in a line and charged the enemy at once russian style. I realise it wouldn't be a greatly successful tactic especially with enemy tanks and choppers but it would still be good to watch.
Reply 1799
Original post by Keckers
The worst one is when people just run straight at objectives and get mowed down. It may be called rush but the best strategy is usually to take it reasonably steadily and control key areas of the map to make it easier for people to arm.

Tbh I play Rush that often that I go straight for the objectives. Normally I get close enough to set one, so I run off and set the other one. The defending team panics and tries to stop the first one whilst I am holed up in the second one ready to kill them :h:

Caspain Border is ridiculously easy for infantry to run up the outside and plant at all the objectives.

Must admit though, I never play Conquest as I find that the most boring.

Quick Reply

Latest