The Student Room Group

Tips for GCSE Medicine Through Time Mock Exam???

:smile:.
Is that an actual GCSE? :lolwut:

I would have done it if I knew about it :yep:

No one told me :sad:
Reply 2
It's part of the history gcse, there's germany as well
Reply 3
I've done that one a few months ago :smile:
A good thing to do is try and memories the names of important individuals, what they've done and what year they done it in.
And practising using sources in questions will help.
Reply 4
names/ dates, what was happening around that year/ don't trip up on what was available in that year i.e universities, medical equipment, whether its medicine men or the baths in Athens.
the paper is so diverse just learn your links and connections whatever you feel links just go for it
this lead to...resulting in...evidence/person/year.... defiantly know who Galen is and the 4humours bit all over the place but hope it helps :biggrin:
Reply 5
I got an A* in this exam, and all I did was made a huge time line with each period on a separate piece of paper. It really helped. Everything gets a bit hazy when it gets to the 19th century, so I didn't bother with all the dates except the really important ones like DNA, NHS, work and sanitary reforms. Make sure you separate the actual medical developments and the other factors that limited disease.

Good luck! It's not as hard as you always imagine it to be. Wait until you get to A level history!
Reply 6
Wow, I did this exam 7 years ago, brings back memories! Probably because it was taught by my favourite teacher.

The step up to A Level history isn't too bad, its a shock, I remember walking in being the only kid with an A5 writing book! Wondering why everyone else was using A4 ruled, margined paper....

What is a real change is the progression from A Level history to University history. Which is a totally different way of thinking, took me quite some time to get my head around it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending