The Student Room Group

Ocr mei maths c1 2011 (not edexcel)

How did everyone find the paper today?

Personally section A was by far the easiest yet. Section B was an absolute killer...

REMEMBER NO MATHS EDEXCEL DISCUSSION!!!!

Scroll to see replies

It was hell. I really hope the boundaries are low because I have dropped at least 20 marks.
Reply 2
boundaries are always the same.. 80% for A 70% for B and so on..
I thought that section B was horrible, didn't do very well at all..
Reply 3
If anyones got a copy of the questions could they please post them!
And that paper was disgusting, last part of section b was yuck

What did everyone get for the coefficiet qs? :smile:
Reply 4
was the exam today out of 108 marks???
I mucked up the binomial by making a stupid mistake and I thought the surds in the last q were awful but the rest of it wasn't that bad... what did you all get for the line area? I got 24 square units..
Reply 6
my coefficient was 30 i think
Reply 7
i didnt like that line area qs it was wierd!
What did you guys get for the transformation qs?
:smile:
aactually no, I can't remember what my intercepts were, I think I got 36 square units, i remember a 3..
the binomial coefficient was 6000, I unfortunately calculated 2000 for some strange reason
coefficient question I got 6000 [x^3].
Anyway, section A was piss easy, apart from didn't know how to prove thing was divisible by 6.
Section B was gay. The 7 marker at the end killed me. Only got one equation for the tangent and drew the wrong tangent lines on the circle.
first question of section B was fail. The 11 (i), fine algebraically the coordinates of thepoints of intersection of the curve y= 4x^2+24x+31 and the line x + y = 10.. So lost about 9 marks I recon...

Sucks as I got 79 ums last time, and was hoping for atleast 90..... They always increase the grade boundaries for the June C1 paper as they are usually retakes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by zainahassan
If anyones got a copy of the questions could they please post them!
And that paper was disgusting, last part of section b was yuck

What did everyone get for the coefficiet qs? :smile:

I cant remember exactly but I THINK I put 6000???
my coefiecnt was wierdly enormous i really did mess up that qs
does anyone remember that area qs lyk what it was?
Reply 13
ahhh yeap and so it's being confirmed :biggrin:
Reply 14
Oh, this is the paper I did. I was looking at the OCR paper and was like o_O fml - no correct answers. :biggrin:

I got 6000 for the coefficient of x^4 and 36 for the area of the triangle. Will I be penalised for the omission of the "units squared" suffix?
Reply 15
Where did people place A on the circle? I put it at the top right of it and then the parallel tangent was at the bottom left?
Reply 16
I thought the bionomal expansion was 4000?

10(6c4) x 25(5^2) x 16 (2x)^4 ???
Original post by omgilyx
Where did people place A on the circle? I put it at the top right of it and then the parallel tangent was at the bottom left?

Someone else also said they put that, but I don't understand how that could be now. I got the equation of y = x - 2 for the tangest, so if the gradient is positive x, then how could it slope from the top right of the circle, diagonal towards the x axis??

I fudged up.
Reply 18
For the proof of being divisble by 6 question, i think the answer was:
n(n+1)(n+2) after factorising and then you just need a statement saying that the product of any 3 consecutive numbers is always divisible by 6.

I got 6000x^4 and on 13 iii) i came up with two tangents with gradient of -1 but ive forgotten their exact equations, something like: y=-x+6-4root2 and y=-x+4+4root2.

Do people agree with these, i hope they're right!! :smile:
Reply 19
What do you mean by slope diagonal towards to the x-axis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending