The Student Room Group

AQA COMP2 7th June 2011 AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by jimimick

Original post by jimimick
I was just about to post this, i can't remember a question with an arrow?

It was the question with the numbered boxes that you had to match up with what they were. Processor, Main Memory, Control Bus, etc

Basically one of the buses wasn't quite properly drawn.
Original post by fluteflute

It was the question with the numbered boxes that you had to match up with what they were. Processor, Main Memory, Control Bus, etc

Basically one of the buses wasn't quite properly drawn.

It certainly confused me.. thanks AQA. :\
Reply 242
Has anyone's teachers done anything about that mistake? Reported it? Asked for special consideration? I'm going to speak to my teacher about it tomorrow.
Reply 243
Original post by Edwin Okli
It certainly confused me.. thanks AQA. :\

Same man, sat there for like 10 minutes thinking WTF, why is the lines of the buses dashed. Like which bus is which. AQA should give us all the marks or totally regard that question
Reply 244
Original post by exam2k10
Same man, sat there for like 10 minutes thinking WTF, why is the lines of the buses dashed. Like which bus is which. AQA should give us all the marks or totally regard that question

For the Geography exam they cocked up on, everyone is getting full marks on that question so should for this too.
Reply 245
Original post by sr135
For the Geography exam they cocked up on, everyone is getting full marks on that question so should for this too.

Really hope so.

We should all be compensated and given full marks for this question.
Reply 246
Sorry to bother anyone, but does anyone have the COMP1 paper. I know it happened quite a while back.

Don't worry if you don't.
Original post by exam2k10

It was worth 1 mark so it's hardly going to make much difference.
Reply 248
Original post by sagederby
It was worth 1 mark so it's hardly going to make much difference.

The whole question was worth five marks.

One mark can be a difference between an 'A' and a 'B'
Reply 249
Its not just the question. I for one spent a really long time on the question questionning myself whether i was being stupid or whether the questions wrong. In an exam you just conclude that the exam paper cant be wrong and so after a long time of thinking i moved on. When i had a bit of time left to check over the paper i went back to that question and spent that time just on there. I contacted aqa on tuesday and they said theyd investigate. Im glad they realised its an error im just wondering how they are going to deal with it. Im sure other people wasted time on it too it really can affects someones whole paper. I cant think of how they can deal with it fairly for everone but maybe now they can pull themselves together and come up with a logical way of solving this.
Reply 250
Was the error really that bad? I didn't realise and still got it right...I think :/
Original post by icyoli

Original post by icyoli
Was the error really that bad? I didn't realise and still got it right...I think :/

Well, it prevented me from coming to the conclusion that the solid black line represented the Address Bus (which, admittedly, I should've noticed). That meant that I couldn't work out which was the Processor and which one was the Main Memory. That subsequently meant I had no hope of figuring out that the last box was the System Clock. Three marks lost because the diagram was bad.
Reply 252
Original post by Edwin Okli
Well, it prevented me from coming to the conclusion that the solid black line represented the Address Bus (which, admittedly, I should've noticed). That meant that I couldn't work out which was the Processor and which one was the Main Memory. That subsequently meant I had no hope of figuring out that the last box was the System Clock. Three marks lost because the diagram was bad.

Come on the error on the bus part of the diagram didn't prevent you from figuring processor and main memory... What the hell else could it be?
Original post by icedragon
Come on the error on the bus part of the diagram didn't prevent you from figuring processor and main memory... What the hell else could it be?

I put them the wrong way round because I'm an idiot.
No, Regulation Of Investigatory Powers.

Could you have just written "Investigatory Powers Act"??? Without the "Regulation"
Reply 255
Original post by FredrickTrott

Original post by FredrickTrott
Could you have just written "Investigatory Powers Act"??? Without the "Regulation"

You might be okay, hard to say what the mark scheme will say / how lenient the examiners are.
Reply 256
I'm assuming AQA are going to lower grade boundaries due to this error?
Reply 257
Original post by Squalleon

Yer hope they scale them up higher.
Original post by Squalleon

The exam board will look at the exams papers and see what impact it had.
If they think it was a problem they will just discount the question which means the paper will be out of 59 (or even 55 if they discount the whole question).
This means that everyone who got that question right won't get the marks for it - it will just be ignored. That was one of the easier questions on the paper - certainly much easier than the long question about TCP/IP - I would be annoyed if they didn't count the marks for it.
Reply 259
Just can't believe how AQA could possibly make an error on a diagram on a computing paper.
After hearing on the news that OCR made a mistake on a question on the D1 Mathematics paper which was accountable for approximately 11 marks, a few days before this exam, I was fully prepared for any mistakes coming my way. Luckily, I finished the paper in 40 minutes and then spent the rest of the time looking at the diagram and trying to work the bus names. I was sitting there thinking is it me, or is there actually something wrong with the diagram. Turns out there was something wrong with the drawing. I really hope AQA do something about this. They have said they will do something...I guess we will see on results day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending