The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,

I've been invited to an open day at UCL :biggrin: (for human sciences). Does this mean that I'm getting an offer? Anyone else in this situation? Anyone else applying for human sciences? :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1821
Have those who applied for Mech Eng and EBF have you been given formal offers yet?
Reply 1822
Omg just got an offer for Civil Engineering 4 yrs MEng with year abroad for A*AAe
Original post by MyselfEtAl
Hi guys,

I've been invited to an open day at UCL :biggrin: (for human sciences). Does this mean that I'm getting an offer? Anyone else in this situation? Anyone else applying for human sciences? :smile:

Open day invitation =/= an offer. It means that you're considered potentially worthy of an offer, but more testing is required first in terms of specific subject interest/aptitude.
did anyone else get this UCL's Under-18 Policy email? or am I the only one under 18 here? :eek:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Open day invitation =/= an offer. It means that you're considered potentially worthy of an offer, but more testing is required first in terms of specific subject interest/aptitude.

But there's no interview, and no aptitude tests, and surely they can't "judge" everyone at an open day...can they? :eek:
Original post by desy.kris
did anyone else get this UCL's Under-18 Policy email? or am I the only one under 18 here? :eek:

I'm under 18! :biggrin:
What is it, and why haven't I got it?

yay I'm not alone :biggrin: I'm just about to turn 17 :frown:

uhm it's just an email explaining admission policy and age restrictions for under 18s. there's also a parental agreement form.

if you've received an offer you should've got one. I got it right before I got my Track update email.
yay I'm not alone :biggrin: I'm just about to turn 17 :frown:

uhm it's just an email explaining admission policy and age restrictions for under 18s. there's also a parental agreement form.

if you've received an offer you should've got one. I got it right before I got my Track update email.

Oh! I have no idea, I turn 18 in august though?
No offer in sight just yet, but I'll let you know if I get anything like that :smile:
Original post by a-fuchsia-elephant
hey congrats!!! ps what was the assessment day like, im going to the next one, is it a formal interview?

Thanks! No, it wasn't a formal interview at all; there was an hour-long talk and Q&A about ESPS, we took the TSA, there were small discussion groups about an article (which didn't count towards their decision, I believe), and we had the chance to chat with current students. The TSA is really the main bit, though. Good luck!
Original post by imon1
omg yes I was.. But I've forgotten which one you were haha.. do you remember me? I talked about Uganda as my interesting fact, and argued that the Euro crisis was a political problem

Yeah, I do remember you! I think I only spoke once, because my brain was still fried from the TSA, haha. Do you know your conditions yet?
But there's no interview, and no aptitude tests, and surely they can't "judge" everyone at an open day...can they? :eek:

I had a written test on the talk that was given by the lecturer - is that not the same for your case?
I just got an offer for Mathematics and Physics MSci! I'm very excited. I'm from Canada and so I didn't need to have an interview or test.
Does anybody know how much tuition and living expenses are for UCL international students? This is not specified on their website.
Oh! I have no idea, I turn 18 in august though?
No offer in sight just yet, but I'll let you know if I get anything like that :smile:

nooo I'm alone then :frown: I'll still be 17 in September 2012, when the course starts, so that's why they're sending me this thing. oh well. good luck to you btw! what did you apply for?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I had a written test on the talk that was given by the lecturer - is that not the same for your case?

Written test?! :eek:
Well, it's never been done before, and it didn't say anything about it in my email.
All it said was where to meet, and that we would have a small lecture, lunch, and be shown around?

Yup, I got it too :smile: The email does say "for applicants under 17 and 3 months at the start of their degree", but if you're turning 17 soon...

Edit: Actually, reading your above post, it sounds like you got quite a different email to me. Hmmm...

Just a few questions asking about our thoughts for accomodation and legal guardians. If you'll have turned 18 by the start of your degree, you don't need the email :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1836
Hi guys,

oooh I got it too! February right?
I heard if you get invited you're very close to getting an offer :smile:
Reply 1837
Original post by lamprey5
I just got an offer for Mathematics and Physics MSci! I'm very excited. I'm from Canada and so I didn't need to have an interview or test.

Congrats. What are the offer conditions?
Reply 1838
Original post by mahassociates
Yeah, I do remember you! I think I only spoke once, because my brain was still fried from the TSA, haha. Do you know your conditions yet?

Nope just had the letter from Tessa, which came on Monday.. what about you? and will you be firming UCL ?
nooo I'm alone then :frown: I'll still be 17 in September 2012, when the course starts, so that's why they're sending me this thing. oh well. good luck to you btw! what did you apply for?

I'm 16 and I've not got that?! Is that meant for only successful candidates? Well I suppose so... Ah, it's good to find that I'm not the only one who'll start uni at 17 then... :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending