The Student Room Group

The usual "I'm applying to US Universities!" D:

or maybe not SO usual. well the thing is I'm applying everywhere; London, US, and if they dont work out, Italy.

Since I've studied under a British-based curriculum I know the reqs for the London unis... but I have a doubt on US unis.

Since I'm an International non-Eu student (damn the Italian government for being such a #(*% about not giving me my ctiizenship after so many years!), I have taken GCE O Levels (under CIE). I'm currently taking my AS, so no worries abot that...

I'm jst worried abot my O levels. I wanted to finish earliest, so I took only 6 O level subjects. I was planning to apply to Uk, and usually they just want 5 Cs at GCSE Level. I got all 6 As (wud've gotten 5 A*, but they didnt award that grade yet).

However, if you look at the US highschool requirements, they mention stuff like "4 units of science, 3 of math, 2 of social science, 2 of foreign language," bla bla bla.

Is 6 O levels (and 3 A2 and 1 AS) ok for applying to a US uni? I'm applying to unis/liberal arts colleges of medium-to-high caliber, such as: Brandeis, Williams, Dartmouth (ya I know, suicide! but this is the only Ivy :colondollar:), Worcester polytech, Drexel, Grinnell, Illinois tech, etc.

I'm going to get some more detailed info by tracking down some alumni I may know, but right now can anyone give me at least a vague answer? =/

P.S. I'm taking SAT this October and SAT2 on bio, chem, and italian. That oughta work.
Reply 1
Future Dartmouth student here!
What program are you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by frfd000000
Future Dartmouth student here!
What program are you applying for?

future dartmouth? i hope :smile: im applying for Biochemistry. :smile:
Reply 3
I meant I am a future Darmouth student. Grad school though.
Hopefully you're one too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending